Author Topic: “He’s A Top 20 Guy”  (Read 1818 times)

Re: “He’s A Top 20 Guy”
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 342
It seems like almost everyone has Harden as a top 20 player. Am I the only one who thinks he’s cooked?

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 06:47:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2239
It seems like almost everyone has Harden as a top 20 player. Am I the only one who thinks he’s cooked?
I don't know. I am waiting until next season to see if he can bounce back or not. He had a strange season last year. Some very good play for BKN for a short period sandwiched in between bad or disappointing periods early and late in the season.

I could see him reemerge as a top 10 guy or fall out of All-Star level play altogether. He should still be an above average starter with his high skill-level (ball-handling, passing, shooting).

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 07:13:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A cooked James Harden is still a Trae Young-esque offensive talent, who plays much better defence and gets heaps of rebounds.

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 12:56:41 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 437
A cooked James Harden is still a Trae Young-esque offensive talent, who plays much better defence and gets heaps of rebounds.
How do you figure that?  Young scored 6 more points per game on way better percentages.

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 06:11:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How do you figure that?  Young scored 6 more points per game on way better percentages.
If Harden was the be-all and end-all of his offence, instead of the #2 option, it would be much the same in my opinion.

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 07:54:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 437
If Harden was the be-all and end-all of his offence, instead of the #2 option, it would be much the same in my opinion.
I don't think he's good enough to carry an offense every night anymore.  I think Young is... unless it's the playoffs ;)  But Harden has always come up short in the playoffs himself.

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 08:57:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 1380
I don't think he's good enough to carry an offense every night anymore.  I think Young is... unless it's the playoffs ;)  But Harden has always come up short in the playoffs himself.
Last year in Brooklyn, from Christmas until he basically asked out of Brooklyn, so 16 games, Harden looked like the Harden of old.  Durant missed a lot of time in that stretch and Irving wasn't back yet.  He was 26.4 p, 10.9 a, 8.3 r with a 58.5 TS%.  That wasn't quite vintage Harden, but it wasn't far off either.  He then pulled his hammy, was traded, and wasn't the same in Philly. 
I was finally wrong. Boston not only didn't win in 5, but didn't win at all.