Author Topic: 2023: Re-Return of ‘The King’?  (Read 2645 times)

Re: 2023: Re-Return of ‘The King’?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 10:27:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
He said he really wants to play with curry so maybe he joins golden state.
On a vet min deal?

If we are talking about in 2 years, yea. He has basically already say he would do this to play with his son. So if his son is not in league wouldn’t surprise me.
I think his son is looking pretty decent now. Not top of class level good, but good enough to be in the NBA I reckon.

Wonder what the prospect of LeBron jumping to Bronny's prospective team does for his draft value

His son is about 50th ranked in his class from what I understand and apparently has no interest in college. So he do a year in gleague or something. If we are talking strictly on merit most players ranked 50th in their class are not one and done prospects.
Looking at the 247 composite rankings (i.e. a collection of several) he is 43rd. He was 34th just a month ago. I'm not sure where you see him not having an interest in college - he hasn't put out a school list, but is speculated to be interested in several.

Also, given LeBron said he'd do whatever it takes to play with Bronny, I think that boosts him up quite a bit.
https://deadspin.com/bronny-james-might-be-in-for-a-gap-year-if-the-nba-age-1849333644/amp
I can't find anything in that entire article attributed to Bronny

Gouki these are fairly legitimate sources saying this in an article from sports illustrated. When people report Kevin Durant wants a trade there are not actually quotes from Kevin Durant on it. This is generally how nba coverage is. I’m not saying this means there is zero chance he goes to college, he very well could change his mind or people could be wrong. However, it seems weird to not think this is fairly likely given where is recruiting stands right now and how little buzz there is.

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2022, 11:23:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
On a vet min deal?

If we are talking about in 2 years, yea. He has basically already say he would do this to play with his son. So if his son is not in league wouldn’t surprise me.
I think his son is looking pretty decent now. Not top of class level good, but good enough to be in the NBA I reckon.

Wonder what the prospect of LeBron jumping to Bronny's prospective team does for his draft value

His son is about 50th ranked in his class from what I understand and apparently has no interest in college. So he do a year in gleague or something. If we are talking strictly on merit most players ranked 50th in their class are not one and done prospects.
Looking at the 247 composite rankings (i.e. a collection of several) he is 43rd. He was 34th just a month ago. I'm not sure where you see him not having an interest in college - he hasn't put out a school list, but is speculated to be interested in several.

Also, given LeBron said he'd do whatever it takes to play with Bronny, I think that boosts him up quite a bit.
https://deadspin.com/bronny-james-might-be-in-for-a-gap-year-if-the-nba-age-1849333644/amp

Gouki these are fairly legitimate sources saying this in an article from sports illustrated. When people report Kevin Durant wants a trade there are not actually quotes from Kevin Durant on it. This is generally how nba coverage is. I’m not saying this means there is zero chance he goes to college, he very well could change his mind or people could be wrong. However, it seems weird to not think this is fairly likely given where is recruiting stands right now and how little buzz there is.
except the article says his gap year may be in college.  There is absolutely nothing in there that says he has no interest in college. 

And Lebron has consistently said that his LAST year he wants to play with his son. That doesn't mean the earliest he is a free agent he will leave the Lakers and go play with his son.  Especially since Bryce is a much better prospect than Bronny.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 11:26:32 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I have noticed something interesting, the Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to sign Colin Sexton (restricted free agent) to a long term deal.

Looking at the Cavs future cap flexibility, they would have exactly $42,138,217 cap room for the 2023 free agency...almost exactly what LeBron James currently makes.

This seasons Los Angeles Lakers have all the telltale signs of a LeBron James escape:

✅ No draft picks
✅ Injury prone secondary star
✅ Internal drama
✅ All caused by James

A LeBron James return (again) to Cleveland can always be spun like he wants to retire a Cavalier and that it was something he always intended.

—————————

2023-24 Cleveland Cavaliers

Jarrett Allen
Evan Mobley
LeBron James
(free agent or trade)
Darius Garland

Lauri Markkanen

—————————

Would this core be an instant title contender?

I think it entirely depends on what you think of lebrons aging. I personally saw a really big drop last year as he stat chased. He played some of the least effort defense I have seen since mark blount and stayed in games upping his point total so his overall stats still look good. I personally don’t think After next season he will be an all star caliber player at 39. If you believe he will be then yea that would be a contender. Will be very interesting to watch Lebron continue to age and if/when he becomes more of a role player.

Lebron's ego will never allow it. His lazy defense and points chasing tell you that.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 11:38:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
On a vet min deal?

except the article says his gap year may be in college.  There is absolutely nothing in there that says he has no interest in college. 

And Lebron has consistently said that his LAST year he wants to play with his son. That doesn't mean the earliest he is a free agent he will leave the Lakers and go play with his son.  Especially since Bryce is a much better prospect than Bronny.

Brice James just turned 15. Are you suggesting Lebron is going to stick around to play with both kids? That seems like a pretty grandiose goal for James unless we are talking about a haslem type role (which would be a very weird carnival like end to a career I can’t see him doing). Also the article literally has a recruiting expert from one of the biggest sites saying the below. You think he just made it up out of nothing to hurt his and his companies reputation for no reason?

“I think everybody is in agreement that he is a good player who can impact winning pretty much from day one at the college level. I just think the perception — although we haven’t heard anything definitive at all out of Bronny’s camp — is that he is not likely to play college basketball,” said Adam Finkelstein of 247 Sports.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 09:55:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
On a vet min deal?

Brice James just turned 15. Are you suggesting Lebron is going to stick around to play with both kids? That seems like a pretty grandiose goal for James unless we are talking about a haslem type role (which would be a very weird carnival like end to a career I can’t see him doing). Also the article literally has a recruiting expert from one of the biggest sites saying the below. You think he just made it up out of nothing to hurt his and his companies reputation for no reason?

“I think everybody is in agreement that he is a good player who can impact winning pretty much from day one at the college level. I just think the perception — although we haven’t heard anything definitive at all out of Bronny’s camp — is that he is not likely to play college basketball,” said Adam Finkelstein of 247 Sports.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip