0 (0%)
Two
2 (40%)
All three
2 (40%)
None
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Idea for three team trade  (Read 1590 times)

Idea for three team trade
« on: July 02, 2022, 09:36:33 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Been crunching numbers with the whole Ayton thing, may have a fit and a way for C's to get a Wing.

Suns out: Craig and Ayton
Suns in: John Collins

Hawks out: Collins, Okongwu, Hunter
Hawks in: Ayton, Craig, a 1st and  two pick swaps from C's.

C's out: 1st and two pick swaps.
C's in : Hunter and Okongwu

Thoughts?

Re: Idea for three team trade
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 09:39:56 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Fun trade, but I don’t see the Hawks playing along.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 09:49:37 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
C's rotation 12 deep
Smart/White/PP
Brown/Brogdon
Tatum/Hunter
Al/GW
TL/Gallo/Okongwu

Hawks starters
Young, Murray, Bogs, Capela , Ayton

Suns starters
CP3, Booker, Bridges, CJ, Collins

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 09:52:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I just thought Ayton and Collins are rumored out and for each other but no third team. So why not see BS who doesn't value picks and has the perfect TPE to fit Hunter and Okongwu jump in.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've been running three-team trades with the Suns and Hawks too. I don't think this one works because the Hawks want to keep Hunter. Also, the Suns need a center ready to compete in the playoffs to replace Ayton. Collins is more of a forward. This is especially true with McGee leaving the Suns for the Mavs.

The trades I've messed with all would require either Timelord or Horford going to the Suns, which is something I'm not really interested in doing.

Something like:

Suns: Horford, Capella
Celtics: Collins, Saric into TPE
Hawks: Ayton, Craig, Crowder

I think this positions the Suns to be real contenders again this year (especially if they can't land Durant) even while losing Ayton. Paul-Booker-Bridges-Horford-Capella is arguably better than last year's team that had the best record in the NBA.

I think this gets the Hawks a reset around a new core of Young-Murry-Ayton-Hunter-Bogdan. They're very luke-warm on Collins and this trade lands them their Center of the future.

I think this gets the Celtics a young power forward to replace Horford. Saric could be a sneaky helpful rotation player in the regular season as well.

Still, with the acquisitions of Gallo and Brogdon, I think I'd rather run it back with Horford. Every contending team wants a player like him, and I'm not sure why the Celtics would trade that away unless they thought he could not be an impact player in the playoffs again next year.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 10:10:40 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I would strip this idea down to just what the C's need, a backup wing.  If the C's still have a 1st rounder to trade (not sure they do with the 'alternating' restriction) I would try to get DeAndre Hunter.  It may not be realistic, but the Hawks have quite a few wings now, and Hunter fits perfectly behind Tatum and is a great defender.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 10:36:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I've been running three-team trades with the Suns and Hawks too. I don't think this one works because the Hawks want to keep Hunter. Also, the Suns need a center ready to compete in the playoffs to replace Ayton. Collins is more of a forward. This is especially true with McGee leaving the Suns for the Mavs.

The trades I've messed with all would require either Timelord or Horford going to the Suns, which is something I'm not really interested in doing.

Something like:

I think this positions the Suns to be real contenders again this year (especially if they can't land Durant) even while losing Ayton. Paul-Booker-Bridges-Horford-Capella is arguably better than last year's team that had the best record in the NBA.

I think this gets the Hawks a reset around a new core of Young-Murry-Ayton-Hunter-Bogdan. They're very luke-warm on Collins and this trade lands them their Center of the future.

I think this gets the Celtics a young power forward to replace Horford. Saric could be a sneaky helpful rotation player in the regular season as well.

Still, with the acquisitions of Gallo and Brogdon, I think I'd rather run it back with Horford. Every contending team wants a player like him, and I'm not sure why the Celtics would trade that away unless they thought he could not be an impact player in the playoffs again next year.
That trade would probably still require the C's giving up picks to the Suns. Depending on the pick demands it could be good.

Do numbers still work if you have Crowder to C's and Saric to Hawks? As you said team has Gallo now.

I'm okay with moving on from Al he has one year left and is 36.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 10:52:01 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Something like:

That trade would probably still require the C's giving up picks to the Suns. Depending on the pick demands it could be good.

Do numbers still work if you have Crowder to C's and Saric to Hawks? As you said team has Gallo now.

I'm okay with moving on from Al he has one year left and is 36.

I don't disagree on the picks, but I don't think they'd need to be 1sts. I also think you could argue the Hawks would have to give up a 1st in this as well in order to get Crowder and Ayton.

Yes on Crowder to the Cs, but I don't think he's the type of personality that would be ok with the amount of MPG he'd get in our rotation. Chemistry is volatile and I wouldn't want to risk that.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 11:01:38 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I just thought Ayton and Collins are rumored out and for each other but no third team. So why not see BS who doesn't value picks and has the perfect TPE to fit Hunter and Okongwu jump in.

I don’t see Atlanta interested in moving either Okungwu or Hunter for picks, which is why they say no.  If they for some reason get Ayton, they’d look to move Capela, and not the rookie contract backup.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2022, 11:07:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I don’t see Atlanta interested in moving either Okungwu or Hunter for picks, which is why they say no.  If they for some reason get Ayton, they’d look to move Capela, and not the rookie contract backup.
Thing is Hawks have been cap managing. Hunter and Okongwu are on last year's of rookie deals. Their salary is going to jump up. Even C's may not keep them beyond the season. It's win now for C's and stack top end talent for Hawks.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 11:10:20 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Thing is Hawks have been cap managing. Hunter and Okongwu are on last year's of rookie deals. Their salary is going to jump up. Even C's may not keep them beyond the season. It's win now for C's and stack top end talent for Hawks.

Okungwu has two years left on his deal.  He’s not getting traded.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2022, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

The alternative is to move Bogdan or Capela to a cap space team. They need to salary match some how. Okongwu gets them picks. Those other guys in a salary dump could cost them picks. They just gave up picks for Murray. Don’t think they go for that.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 12:06:30 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

The alternative is to move Bogdan or Capela to a cap space team. They need to salary match some how. Okongwu gets them picks. Those other guys in a salary dump could cost them picks. They just gave up picks for Murray. Don’t think they go for that.

There are a bunch of trades going on.  There’s no need to worry about cap space for Capela — the Hawks could probably find a taker that had a lot of outgoing salary somewhere else.

This is just not a structure the Hawks would pursue.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 12:17:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

There are a bunch of trades going on.  There’s no need to worry about cap space for Capela — the Hawks could probably find a taker that had a lot of outgoing salary somewhere else.

This is just not a structure the Hawks would pursue.
Not without giving up picks. There are only two teams left that can take on that amount of salary and both are rebuilding. They also both just dumped salary for minimum return. Pacers and Pistons. Neither team is going to take on cap space for free.

As for structure, Hawks have been all about acquire top end talent and management of the cap. This fits their MO