Author Topic: NFL Off-season 2022  (Read 69044 times)

Re: NFL Off-season 2022
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2022, 04:00:26 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
AFC West will be a bloodbath. If Las Vegas gets it together oh man it'll be fun

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2022, 04:04:40 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Does this mean Davante Adams is heading back to the Pack, too? Got to think so.
He will likely be franchised.

So what would that mean for Rodgers and Adams combined salary?

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Does this mean Davante Adams is heading back to the Pack, too? Got to think so.
He will likely be franchised.

So what would that mean for Rodgers and Adams combined salary?
Rodgers cap hit will actually be lowered with his new deal, so I'm guessing they will have room for Adams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2022, 04:40:09 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I wonder if Pittsburgh made an offer. I feel like Ben was holding them back for the past few seasons.

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2022, 06:40:24 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Why wouldn't Tennessee get in on Wilson? They are stacked and literally just need a QB upgrade. Wilson is a better version of Tannehill in every way.

IMO they would have been the best team in the NFL with Wilson.
Wilson had a no trade clause, so.ething tells me he and his wife would rather be close to LA than the middle of the country

Uh, Denver is pretty far from LA, dude. We're not talking about San Diego or even San Fran or Vegas here. Tennesse is probably another hour and a half flight away at most.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2022, 09:23:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It will be interesting to see what moves both teams make next. They both have a lot of cap space (Denver a little less than before, but still lots; Seattle apparently didn't really gain cap space).

For Seattle, I don't think this is a very good year to draft a QB, so maybe they'll go after one in free agency. Jimmy G?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2022, 09:48:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Why wouldn't Tennessee get in on Wilson? They are stacked and literally just need a QB upgrade. Wilson is a better version of Tannehill in every way.

Wilson had a no trade clause, so.ething tells me he and his wife would rather be close to LA than the middle of the country

Uh, Denver is pretty far from LA, dude. We're not talking about San Diego or even San Fran or Vegas here. Tennesse is probably another hour and a half flight away at most.
Denver is about 2 hours away by flight, Nashville is over 4.  That is a pretty big difference.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2022, 10:00:36 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Regardless they still need to take a plane from Denver or Tennessee to get to LA lol. Gonna take about 16 hours and a time zone change just to drive from Denver to LA on a very good day. Maybe 2 extra hours on a moderate/bad day if you're driving from LA to LA, being an LA guy and all lol!  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
It will be interesting to see what moves both teams make next. They both have a lot of cap space (Denver a little less than before, but still lots; Seattle apparently didn't really gain cap space).

For Seattle, I don't think this is a very good year to draft a QB, so maybe they'll go after one in free agency. Jimmy G?

Seattle has a lot of holes and plays in one of the toughest two divisions in the NFL.  I think they’d be wise to take a step back for a year and develop some guys while they get a franchise QB in next year’s draft.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2022, 08:13:31 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Regardless they still need to take a plane from Denver or Tennessee to get to LA lol. Gonna take about 16 hours and a time zone change just to drive from Denver to LA on a very good day. Maybe 2 extra hours on a moderate/bad day if you're driving from LA to LA, being an LA guy and all lol!  ;D
Sure, but Denver is actually closer than Seattle to LA.  Nashville is certainly not.  Obviously a singer has less need to be in LA than an actress, but she does do a lot of stuff in LA.

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2022, 08:15:36 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sure, but Denver is actually closer than Seattle to LA.  Nashville is certainly not.  Obviously a singer has less need to be in LA than an actress, but she does do a lot of stuff in LA.

She's missing out on a career opportunity.  She could have crossed over to country. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2022, 02:14:03 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd say the Colts are the winner here.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
25m
Colts are trading QB Carson Wentz to Washington for a package of packs that is thought to include two third-round picks, sources tell ESPN.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2022, 02:30:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The Colts being able to trade away Wentz makes me think they could now be the favorites to land Jimmy G. if the Niners don't keep him. To me, the Colts are another team kind of like SF and TEN where they have a sound team, with some star talent that just needs a good QB to get over the top.

Now I'm not saying Garoppolo makes IND real SB contenders but remember, the Niners did make the SB with Jimmy G. before and I still think he's an upgrade from Wentz who honestly just seems like a loser.

Also it's not like the Draft is flush with QB talent

I think it'll be the Colts and Steelers bidding for him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2022, 02:33:53 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
I'd say the Colts are the winner here.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
25m
Colts are trading QB Carson Wentz to Washington for a package of packs that is thought to include two third-round picks, sources tell ESPN.

Great deal for the Colts.

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The Colts being able to trade away Wentz makes me think they could now be the favorites to land Jimmy G. if the Niners don't keep him. To me, the Colts are another team kind of like SF and TEN where they have a sound team, with some star talent that just needs a good QB to get over the top.

Now I'm not saying Garoppolo makes IND real SB contenders but remember, the Niners did make the SB with Jimmy G. before and I still think he's an upgrade from Wentz who honestly just seems like a loser.

Also it's not like the Draft is flush with QB talent

I think it'll be the Colts and Steelers bidding for him.

Is Garoppolo better than Wentz?  More durable?

I wonder if SF feels Lance is going to be ready.  They can likely trade Garoppolo now and get something or lose him as a FA and get nothing.  Seems like the right time to trade him.