Author Topic: 2022 Draft  (Read 35979 times)

Re: 2022 Draft
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2022, 11:16:37 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I spent a couple weeks in California last year and got to see a couple Santa Clara games and met Jalen Williams. Dude was really good and looooooonnnnnnggggg.

Saw his measurements come in at 6'5.75" 7'2" wingspan and 8'9" standing reach. For a guard.

Watch him. Probably going to go high 2nd round. He'll be a NBA player.

BTW ..he's a quality human being too.
How confusing - Jalen Williams and Jaylin Williams. Both of whom I’d like

Yeah, they both look good.
Jalen looking good in the scrimmage game at the combine right now
I think we should buy another 2nd round pick and draft both of them. See how many different J's we can have

If there's a guy who the Celtics really want in the 2nd round they should definitely buy a pick to move up and get him.

The way teams seem to handle 2nd round picks I’m not sure teams really have move up much to target guys in the 2nd. Maybe if your talking getting into the top 40 but after that I think negotiating a favorable contract pre draft with a targeted 2nd round pick can I’m empower an agent to push that player to your team.

My example would be this… say Celtics really liked Micheal Foster Jr. After his workout the conversation with his agent could be “ if he falls outside the 1st we are prepared to offer him xxxx dollars guaranteed and a 3 year deal. (Tillman revived 4.6mill as the 35th pick and BJ Boston 2.5mill in the 50s). That money vs the potential of getting stuck with a 2 way may get agents to further manipulate the 2nd round.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:23:29 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2022, 07:09:58 AM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
If available I'd prefer UNC's Brady Manek in Celtics 2nd round pick.

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2022, 07:45:55 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If available I'd prefer UNC's Brady Manek in Celtics 2nd round pick.

Manek with that late second is all right by me. He can't defend but his offense is good.

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2022, 07:50:58 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I spent a couple weeks in California last year and got to see a couple Santa Clara games and met Jalen Williams. Dude was really good and looooooonnnnnnggggg.

Saw his measurements come in at 6'5.75" 7'2" wingspan and 8'9" standing reach. For a guard.

I think we should buy another 2nd round pick and draft both of them. See how many different J's we can have

If there's a guy who the Celtics really want in the 2nd round they should definitely buy a pick to move up and get him.

The way teams seem to handle 2nd round picks I’m not sure teams really have move up much to target guys in the 2nd. Maybe if your talking getting into the top 40 but after that I think negotiating a favorable contract pre draft with a targeted 2nd round pick can I’m empower an agent to push that player to your team.

My example would be this… say Celtics really liked Micheal Foster Jr. After his workout the conversation with his agent could be “ if he falls outside the 1st we are prepared to offer him xxxx dollars guaranteed and a 3 year deal. (Tillman revived 4.6mill as the 35th pick and BJ Boston 2.5mill in the 50s). That money vs the potential of getting stuck with a 2 way may get agents to further manipulate the 2nd round.

Just so you’re aware, discussing dollar values and guarantees in contracts pre-draft is a violation of league rules.  I wouldn’t anticipate this discussion happening.

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Just so you’re aware, discussing dollar values and guarantees in contracts pre-draft is a violation of league rules.  I wouldn’t anticipate this discussion happening.

This is no different then the FA moratorium, the rules are on the books but impossible to impose. Predetermined 2-way deals and the willingness to stay over seas for foreign prospects largely dictate the 2nd round. Its just speculation but I'd be shocked if deals aren't being discussed behind closed doors pr-draft with teams and agents.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2022, 11:00:35 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

This is no different then the FA moratorium, the rules are on the books but impossible to impose. Predetermined 2-way deals and the willingness to stay over seas for foreign prospects largely dictate the 2nd round. Its just speculation but I'd be shocked if deals aren't being discussed behind closed doors pr-draft with teams and agents.   

You are allowed to discuss 2-way deals, overseas, willingness to go to the G-League, etc.  So that’s why we hear about those.  You aren’t allowed to discuss contracts, however, and 2nd round picks aren’t worth breaking the rules for.

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2022, 11:02:32 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Andrew Nembhard

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/05/nba-draft-combine-andrew-nembhard-gonzaga-bulldogs

This guy could be there for us in the second round.

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2022, 11:56:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Andrew Nembhard

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/05/nba-draft-combine-andrew-nembhard-gonzaga-bulldogs

Interesting pick, his stats are likely suppressed by the talent he played along side.

While BPA should always be priority especially in 2nd round I do wonder if the Cs avoid drafting another PG in order to give Yam a better shot in summer league / camp. Based on the current roster construction and the team having rights to Yam and Begarin I hope BPA happens to mean a big man or wing with some size. My front runners right now would be Darius Days, Drew Timme, Foster, or Trevion Williams.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2022, 12:53:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Andrew Nembhard

Interesting pick, his stats are likely suppressed by the talent he played along side.

While BPA should always be priority especially in 2nd round I do wonder if the Cs avoid drafting another PG in order to give Yam a better shot in summer league / camp. Based on the current roster construction and the team having rights to Yam and Begarin I hope BPA happens to mean a big man or wing with some size. My front runners right now would be Darius Days, Drew Timme, Foster, or Trevion Williams.

He has a vet/oldman game. He already looks like he plays for the Spurs.

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2022, 01:34:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Andrew Nembhard

if tankathon is correct, nembhard would be available. here is more info on him. good shooting numbers, really good passer, lots of steals, good height (6'4"). he looks to have talent.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/andrew-nembhard

but then again, i remember thinking similar things about waters (aside from the height of course.  ;D ) i would like PBS to bring him in for a workout.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2022, 02:22:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Andrew Nembhard

if tankathon is correct, nembhard would be available. here is more info on him. good shooting numbers, really good passer, lots of steals, good height (6'4"). he looks to have talent.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/andrew-nembhard

but then again, i remember thinking similar things about waters (aside from the height of course.  ;D ) i would like PBS to bring him in for a workout.

Reminds me a little of D White.

More than a little...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:31:01 PM by liam »

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2022, 11:48:44 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Gabe Brown looks to be what we are looking for. A big wing that can shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKJZfWNwEs

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2022, 03:25:26 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
From an ESPN article saying who were the winners from the NBA combine, this about my boy Jalen Williams, once looked at as a mid to high 2nd rounder:

Jalen Williams (Top 100: No. 24)

With the majority of top executives evaluating him live for the first time, the 21-year-old Santa Clara wing Williams made a strong impression with his play in Chicago, looking like a surefire first-round pick thanks to his combination of size, length, skill and two-way impact. Williams averaged 15 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist in 24.1 minutes over two games while shooting 75% from the field. Playing predominantly on the ball at Santa Clara as one of the most efficient pick-and-roll creators in the NCAA, it was valuable to see Williams thrive in a variety of different roles alongside other collegiate stars.

Given that Williams is unlikely to be handed the keys to a team at the NBA level, watching him add value as a screener, cutter, downhill driver off the catch and defender was a welcomed sight, especially when you couple that with his ambidextrous court vision and pace as a primary ball handler. Williams whipped the ball all over the floor with either hand, stretched out for a few poster dunks thanks to his 7-2 wingspan and 39-inch vertical, and played with good energy defensively. He turned down a few rhythm 3s before eventually turning the ball over and is still turning himself into a consistent shooter from beyond the arc (35% on his career), which is important, as he's not overly quick off the bounce. Williams more than proved his West Coast Conference production will have no problem translating to the NBA, and he deserves real consideration in the top 25 or so come June. -- Schmitz

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2022, 06:07:59 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
From an ESPN article saying who were the winners from the NBA combine, this about my boy Jalen Williams, once looked at as a mid to high 2nd rounder:

Jalen Williams (Top 100: No. 24)

With the majority of top executives evaluating him live for the first time, the 21-year-old Santa Clara wing Williams made a strong impression with his play in Chicago, looking like a surefire first-round pick thanks to his combination of size, length, skill and two-way impact. Williams averaged 15 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist in 24.1 minutes over two games while shooting 75% from the field. Playing predominantly on the ball at Santa Clara as one of the most efficient pick-and-roll creators in the NCAA, it was valuable to see Williams thrive in a variety of different roles alongside other collegiate stars.

Given that Williams is unlikely to be handed the keys to a team at the NBA level, watching him add value as a screener, cutter, downhill driver off the catch and defender was a welcomed sight, especially when you couple that with his ambidextrous court vision and pace as a primary ball handler. Williams whipped the ball all over the floor with either hand, stretched out for a few poster dunks thanks to his 7-2 wingspan and 39-inch vertical, and played with good energy defensively. He turned down a few rhythm 3s before eventually turning the ball over and is still turning himself into a consistent shooter from beyond the arc (35% on his career), which is important, as he's not overly quick off the bounce. Williams more than proved his West Coast Conference production will have no problem translating to the NBA, and he deserves real consideration in the top 25 or so come June. -- Schmitz

He won't be in our draft range. :(