Author Topic: Dexter: New Blood  (Read 2127 times)

Dexter: New Blood
« on: January 02, 2022, 11:35:18 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Has anyone seen the Dexter reboot?

I am actually stunned at how good this series is. I'm generally not the biggest fan of reboots, and ill be the first to admit the last 4 seasons of Dexter stunk to high hell, but I must admit they found a totally unique and refreshing way to pick up the story of Dexter.

The original show runner who was in charge season 1-4 is back, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with the success.

There is only 1 episode left in the series (not sure if they'll continue it, or just close all the loose ends in the last episode) but it is right up there with seasons 2 and 4 of Dexter, which in my opinion are two of the most compelling seasons of television I've ever seen.

Highly recommend.

Also interesting- there is another Michael C. Hall show reboot in the works as a "Six Feet Under" reboot is apparently under way at HBO.

Re: Dexter: New Blood
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:42:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Has anyone seen the Dexter reboot?

I am actually stunned at how good this series is. I'm generally not the biggest fan of reboots, and ill be the first to admit the last 4 seasons of Dexter stunk to high hell, but I must admit they found a totally unique and refreshing way to pick up the story of Dexter.

The original show runner who was in charge season 1-4 is back, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with the success.

There is only 1 episode left in the series (not sure if they'll continue it, or just close all the loose ends in the last episode) but it is right up there with seasons 2 and 4 of Dexter, which in my opinion are two of the most compelling seasons of television I've ever seen.

Highly recommend.

Also interesting- there is another Michael C. Hall show reboot in the works as a "Six Feet Under" reboot is apparently under way at HBO.

I'm waiting for the season to be over before adding Showtime.  I have way too many subscriptions already! Glad to hea it's good.  Dexter was awesome in its heyday, but definitely slipped a bit at the end. 

I'd be interested to see what is done with a Six Feet Under reboot.  That was a groundbreaking show.  Again, really excellent for a few seasons...and one of the greatest final episodes ever.  The final montage still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
Yup

Re: Dexter: New Blood
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 12:03:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’ve definitely enjoyed it.  Not as good as the show in it’s prime, but really entertaining.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes