Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90629 times)

Re: Mark Your Calendars: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2022, 12:45:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is this your way of getting your trade ideas out of the threads they belong in so you can flood/troll the entire site with them? Just add a date and make it seem important?

You know, you really should be more compassionate towards the mentally ill?
I really hope you are for real mentally ill and not comparing mental illness to being an over the top fan for humor's sake. As someone with real mental illness, I don't find that comment funny.

« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2022, 12:59:11 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Is this your way of getting your trade ideas out of the threads they belong in so you can flood/troll the entire site with them? Just add a date and make it seem important?

You know, you really should be more compassionate towards the mentally ill?
I really hope you are for real mentally ill and not comparing mental illness to being an over the top fan for humor's sake. As someone with real mental illness, I don't find that comment funny.

I have a real mental illness, too. I’m not joking, but I’m not going into details. You can’t tell by looking at the trade ideas thread that there’s something seriously wrong with this here Greenly fella? Come on…

FYI: OCD and ASD can manifest in many ways…let us be kind, folks, and relaxed.

Nick, I’m going to edit the post/question. I certainly did not mean to offend anybody—I was trying to make light of my own challenges/obsessions, not yours or anybody else’s. I am sorry. I appreciate you and everyone else who is a regular on here—even more so when folks disagree with me because I am frequently wrong and need to be reminded frequently.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:14:39 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2022, 07:10:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Feel like there's a specific thread designated for posts like these...

Did we never teach you about the merge function?  You can do more than use green text, give ridiculous amounts of TPs, and post in the super-secret hidden forums, you know. ;)
I've noticed it (and used it!), but I'm not sure I'm prepared to dig up the thread this belongs in...  :police:
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #513 on: July 31, 2022, 08:56:58 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Feel like there's a specific thread designated for posts like these...

Did we never teach you about the merge function?  You can do more than use green text, give ridiculous amounts of TPs, and post in the super-secret hidden forums, you know. ;)
I've noticed it (and used it!), but I'm not sure I'm prepared to dig up the thread this belongs in...  :police:
it's a thread that should stay buried but this really belongs there

« Reply #514 on: July 31, 2022, 09:08:58 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
We are all sitting around wondering why the deal of the decade has not happened despite it being obvious that nobody better than JB is going to be offered for KD (at least for a location that KD would be interested in joining), and perhaps the reason why it has not happened is because Brogdon can only be traded after August 30:

BOS In: KD
BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, as many picks/swaps as we can offer

The whole time the most obvious deal—the happy medium between the Nets’ preferred JB/Smart that we all know is too much to give up, and the Nets’ rejected JB/White—has been right in front of our faces. I’m not sure any of us saw it until now. And it’s doing JB a solid by getting him paired with his buddies Kyrie and Brogdon, so nobody need fill bad about moving the guy for our final piece. Finally, it lowers our salaries by $7.2 million, meaning even more in savings in taxes (and the luxury taxes will be wiped out by KD merchandise alone, meaning this is not just smart basketball but smart business, too—and really smart for KD since he’d become the biggest name in New England sports since TB12, so his personal business interests will soar by being the next Celtic legend).

If the above happens, it may be safe to say here are your 2022-2023 NBA Champions (literally just took the team that made it to game 6 of the NBA Finals and swapped JB/Theis for KD/Gallinari, which is clearly a huge upgrade that gets us past Golden State finally):

Smart
JT
KD
Horford
Timelord

Bench: White, Batman, Gallinari, Pritchard, Hopefully a Buyout Vet Chasing a Ring, Hauser, Kornet, Begarin, Davison

Is it possible there’s already a deal but it cannot be finalized until August 31? Or is it time to move on from this?

I think the reason a deal hasn't happened is because there's no incentive for anyone to do a deal now. Brooklyn isn't incentivized to drop their asking price, other teams aren't incentivized to increase theirs. Look how long it took Simmons to get traded and he's nowhere near as good as KD, and isn't contracted for as long a period. Same with AD. It's not like NBA2k where you decide to do a trade, you tweak the trade machine till it's acceptable to the computer and you click "Complete Trade".

Nobody has an incentive to rush into a deal, given how long KD is under contract for. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the season with Brooklyn and lasts till the deadline. Something needs to happen to make a team change their perceived value of KD.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #515 on: July 31, 2022, 08:19:20 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Circling back to the idea of moving Brogdon and JB, here is a mega deal that would cause some mega drama in the NBA, right down to KD battling LeBron for title of King of LA:

BOS In: Kawhi (of course)
BKN In: PG-13, JB, Brogdon, multiple picks/swaps from BOS/LAC
LAC In: Kyrie, KD

Who says no? Brooklyn turns their bad boy duo into picks/swaps, two all-stars and a third potential all-star. LAC move on from the disappointment that has been Kawhi/PG-13 with KD/Kyrie. Meanwhile, we get our top ten talent whose a defensive juggernaut and one of Ime’s guys, as the last piece of the puzzle to get past Golden State (Kawhi’s the last guy to beat them in the playoffs, and the only other person to do that is LeBron in 2016). Oh, and we cut our salary cap by nearly $9 mil., which comes out to significantly more in savings when accounting for the luxury tax.

Here are the 2022-2023 NBA Champions:

1. Smart as DPOY runner-up and backup all-star

2. JT as All-NBA 1st team and clearly the best number two guy in the league

3. Kawhi as a resurgent NBA MVP, All-NBA 1st team, all-defense 1st team, and comeback player of the year

4. Horford as “Best Big Over 35 Years Old.” Even TB12 is calling him for consultation 🤣

5. Timelord as DPOY and backup all-star, after discovering how to stay healthy…

Bench: D-White as 6MOTY, Batman as MIP, Gallinari, Pritchard, TBD ring-chasing vet, Hauser, Kornet, Begarin, Davison

« Reply #516 on: July 31, 2022, 08:22:31 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Circling back to the idea of moving Brogdon and JB, here is a mega deal that would cause some mega drama in the NBA, right down to KD battling LeBron for title of King of LA:

Who says no? Brooklyn turns their bad boy duo into picks/swaps, two all-stars and a third potential all-star. LAC move on from the disappointment that has been Kawhi/PG-13 with KD/Kyrie. Meanwhile, we get our top ten talent whose a defensive juggernaut and one of Ime’s guys, as the last piece of the puzzle to get past Golden State (Kawhi’s the last guy to beat them in the playoffs, and the only other person to do that is LeBron in 2016). Oh, and we cut our salary cap by nearly $9 mil., which comes out to significantly more in savings when accounting for the luxury tax.

3. Kawhi as a resurgent NBA MVP, All-NBA 1st team, all-defense 1st team, and comeback player of the year

4. Horford as “Best Big Over 35 Years Old.” Even TB12 is calling him for consultation 🤣

Bench: D-White as 6MOTY, Batman as MIP, Gallinari, Pritchard, TBD ring-chasing vet, Hauser, Kornet, Begarin, Davison
Clippers and C's say no

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2022, 01:33:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This is such a terrible trade for us
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2022, 11:54:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 A lot of trade ideas here should have bad in the title, JK

« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2022, 04:08:46 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Now that LeBron has given the Lakers what they want, as soon as we can trade Brogdon we should do this three-way trade (given the Gobert mega-haul that cannot be repeated by anybody at this time given circumstances, a three-way allows Brooklyn, KD and Kyrie to save face, and gets two of the biggest stars in the NBA on the two biggest franchises):

LAL In: Kyrie, Seth Curry
BKN In: JB, Brogdon, Westbrook, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2027 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 BOS 2nds (BOS keeps the Orlando 2nd), (3) LAL 2nds

Team-level:

BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, 2025 BOS 1st, 2027 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 BOS 2nds

LAL Out: Westbrook, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st swap, (3) LAL 2nds

BKN In: JB, Brogdon, Westbrook, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2027 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 BOS 2nds (BOS keeps the Orlando 2nd), (3) LAL 2nds
BKN Out: KD, Kyrie (expiring), Seth Curry (expiring)

Who says no and why?

Brooklyn ought to be thrilled by turning two expiring contracts and a KD who no longer wants to be there into multiple picks and a solid core of JB/Brogdon to pair with Simmons.

Lakers are obviously better off with this deal, particularly if they can keep the 2028 pick as a swap instead of an unprotected deal.

In terms of our beloved Celtics, the math is simple:

KD > JB/Brogdon, and who cares about those picks if JT becomes the next KD, as it appears he’s headed towards? Pairing JT with KD will dramatically raise JT’s national profile and likely maximize our odds of keeping him a Celtic for life (being able to eventually have the highest contract in the league/history in JT’s 30s is only possible by staying with us, and his brand sales will skyrocket after winning a title with KD).

This is a championship squad, particularly if adding KD attracts one or two ring-chasing vets/buyouts:

Smart/White
JT/White
KD/G. Williams
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Gallinari

Bench: Pritchard, Hauser, last (4) TBD
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:29:43 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #520 on: August 20, 2022, 04:15:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Now that LeBron has given the Lakers what they want, as soon as we can trade Brogdon we should do this three-way trade (given the Gobert mega-haul that cannot be repeated by anybody at this time given circumstances, a three-way allows Brooklyn, KD and Kyrie to save face, and gets two of the biggest stars in the NBA on the two biggest franchises):

BKN In: JB, Brogdon, Westbrook, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2027 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 BOS 2nds (BOS keeps the Orlando 2nd), (3) LAL 2nd round picks

Team-level:

LAL Out: Westbrook, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st swap, (3) LAL 2nd round picks

BKN In: JB, Brogdon, Westbrook, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2027 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 BOS 2nds (BOS keeps the Orlando 2nd), (3) LAL 2nd round picks

Who says no and why?
C’s say no. You can't trust KD beyond one season.

Best I'd offer is,

JB, White, Grant, a 1st and one swap 1st
for
KD and Curry

« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Team-level:

Who says no and why?

Best I'd offer is,

for
KD and Curry

To me that’s giving up more than what I’ve proposed because I think White + Grant > Brogdon, whose injury history is suspect. We do not beat the Bucks last season without Grant’s game 7 and his solid defense on Giannis. Frankly, Grant may continue growing and eventually replace Al in the starting lineup. I could see him getting good enough that he’s eventually the third or fourth best player on a championship. Who cares about Seth Curry relative to Grant? Seth does not fit our defensive identity at all, too. Not a fan. Help him hinder LeBron in LA, who would be very intrigued by having Steph’s brother on his team but, like with Westbrook, will only later realize why it was a mistake.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:32:28 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Team-level:

Who says no and why?

Best I'd offer is,

for
KD and Curry

To me that’s giving up more than what I’ve proposed because I think White + Grant > Brogdon, whose injury history is suspect. We do not beat the Bucks last season without Grant’s game 7 and his solid defense on Giannis. Frankly, Grant may continue growing and eventually replace Al in the starting lineup. I could see him getting good enough that he’s eventually the third or fourth best player on a championship. Who cares about Seth Curry relative to Grant? Seth does not fit our defensive identity at all, too. Not a fan. Help him hinder LeBron in LA, who would be very intrigued by having Steph’s brother on his team but, like with Westbrook, will only later realize why it was a mistake.
Grant may be too costly to resign while Gallo can take his minutes. If you lose one guard it makes sense to replace him if you can because I'm not ready to rely on PP just yet. A healthy Brogdon is much better than Grant and White combined. I'd bank on Brogdon vs them.

Top 9 is impressive with
Smart, Brog, JT, KD, TL
PP, Curry, Gallo, Al.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:06:55 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #523 on: August 21, 2022, 10:06:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
this thread has more lives than Jason Voorhees and is an even less welcome sight

« Reply #524 on: September 04, 2022, 06:32:46 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Thinking about a drastic move we could make with our TPE to replace Gallo, and signaling to JT/JB that they’re our guys at eventual super max money since we have no real trade assets left after this:

BOS In: Keldon Johnson
SAS In:
TPE
2024 1st BOS swap
2025 1st BOS
Remove top 1 protection on D-White swap
2023 2nd ORL
2023 2nd HOU/MIA/DAL
Another 1st if needed given the poison pill

In other words, we’ve got our replacement for Horford in KJ.

Round out the depth with:

BOS In: Rudy Gay
UTA In: TPE, 2023 2nd POR

And use the injury exception on Carmelo Anthony for mentorship/towel-waving/occasional offensive sparks.

Smart/Brogdon
JB/D-White
KJ/Batman
JT/Gay
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Carmelo, Pritchard, Hauser, Kornet or preferably a ring-chasing big at the vet minimum, Gallo (IR - maybe back for the playoffs)

Match whatever Batman is offered next off-season, bring back Al at whatever it costs, re-sign JB to the max anybody can offer as soon as it makes sense for him (and obviously a future super max for JT), and we’ve pretty much got a dynasty to roll with if JT/JB grow further.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 06:42:34 PM by GreenlyGreeny »