Author Topic: Bruins move on from Zdeno Chara  (Read 14370 times)

Re: Bruins move on from Zdeno Chara
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 07:29:22 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Nice career that should have been better. It was his time. Wish him good health.

Should have been better how?

They should have at least two more Cups with Chara.  They choked up the big furball, though.

IMO, They should have probably moved on from him 1-2 years ago.  He has been a shell on D, cant move.  Only game he has left is size.  i can see why they didn't though, great mentor at the time for McAvoy.  Now it's Charlie's time to become the leader on D.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Bruins move on from Zdeno Chara
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Quote from: Zdeno Chara
After 25 seasons of professional hockey 1,680 NHL regular season games, 200 Stanley Cup Playoff games, and hundreds of international games I am proud to announce my decision to retire from the National Hockey League.

In doing so, I am honored to return to TD Garden today to sign a one-day contract with the Boston Bruins and officially finish my career with the team that has meant so much to me and my family. There are so many people that have helped contribute to my success, including all of you, and I look forward to properly thanking everyone this afternoon.

Get his number up in the rafters.  The 2007 - 2022 Bruins may have won "only" one title, but this has been one of the great eras for sustained hockey excellence in Boston*.   Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Thomas, Pastrnak, Savard when he was healthy, and everybody's favorite whipping boy, Tuuka.  They have all contributed to a lot of enjoyment over the years.  And, in my eyes, all of it started with the Bruins spending big to bring in Chara, who in a lot of ways helped define the team.

*At the same time, I'm allowed to still be irritated by the Seguin and Hamilton trades, and the disaster in the 2015 draft.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 10:47:39 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes