Author Topic: Monroe Buyout / Signing with Celtics (merged threads)  (Read 36356 times)

Re: Monroe Buyout / Signing with Celtics (merged threads)
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Besides gortat this has been a binky big of mine.
I do want baynes to start with horford.  But a second unit of Monroe and Morris has me hoisting a beer.
our big man depth for playoffs turns into:
Horford
Baynes
Monroe
Morris
Theis

We just got championship deep

« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2018, 07:33:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I do want baynes to start with horford.  But a second unit of Monroe and Morris has me hoisting a beer.
Horford
Baynes
Monroe
Morris
Theis

Dilly dilly

« Reply #392 on: February 02, 2018, 07:40:27 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Horford
Baynes
Monroe
Morris
Theis

Dilly dilly
I'm at the age where i didn't know what that meant but i was able to look it up on the internet
 ::)

« Reply #393 on: February 02, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm just wondering who's minutes Monroe eats. I'm guessing, at least until the playoffs he takes some of Horford's.

Al is a guy who plays much better when totally rested. If he looses 3-4 minutes a game until the playoffs it may be a positive.

« Reply #394 on: February 02, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
With the number of injuries C's are having, he'll get minutes everywhere.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #395 on: February 02, 2018, 08:42:10 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Horford
Baynes
Monroe
Morris
Theis

Wait until they get Evans and....Hayward

« Reply #396 on: February 02, 2018, 08:44:56 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm just wondering who's minutes Monroe eats. I'm guessing, at least until the playoffs he takes some of Horford's.

Al is a guy who plays much better when totally rested. If he looses 3-4 minutes a game until the playoffs it may be a positive.

A few of Al's, mostly I think it will be Theis' minutes.  I really have liked him but Monroe is flat out better.  Not quite the same but his scoring is really needed.  In a game like this right now, we know Monroe is a guy you can throw the ball into and get a bucket.  Top level post scorer who I trust Stevens to use correctly. He also is a smart player and a pretty good passer for a big man.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #397 on: February 02, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Jaylen!

« Reply #398 on: February 02, 2018, 08:56:18 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Even with all these guys out, the Celtics still have more talent than the Hawks.

« Reply #399 on: February 02, 2018, 09:00:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Cant wait to see what CBS can get out of Monroe on defense.

« Reply #400 on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

A few of Al's, mostly I think it will be Theis' minutes.  I really have liked him but Monroe is flat out better.  Not quite the same but his scoring is really needed.  In a game like this right now, we know Monroe is a guy you can throw the ball into and get a bucket.  Top level post scorer who I trust Stevens to use correctly. He also is a smart player and a pretty good passer for a big man.

I can see Theis pairing well with Moose.

Theis can hit the outside shot, Moose inside. On D, Theis can move and switch well, Moose grabs the bounds.

« Reply #401 on: February 02, 2018, 09:40:32 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Love this signing. Hope we can sign him for another year lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #402 on: February 02, 2018, 09:41:52 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Theis can hit the outside shot, Moose inside. On D, Theis can move and switch well, Moose grabs the bounds.

I agree that they could I just don't know where the minutes are.  I am sure there are a few.

And I do really like Theis.  I think Monroe is just too skilled and talented though.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I agree that they could I just don't know where the minutes are.  I am sure there are a few.

And I do really like Theis.  I think Monroe is just too skilled and talented though.

Preaching to the choir, bro....Great minds ;D.

« Reply #404 on: February 02, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Morris will spend a lot more time at SF (where he belongs) or on the pine managing his knee issues.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."