Author Topic: Quality of seat in TD Garden  (Read 15170 times)

Quality of seat in TD Garden
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Hello!

My Girlfriend and I are making our first trip to Boston in a couple of weeks! I've got us tickets to see the Heat game on the 26th, Balcony Center 315, Row 11 Seats 16,17. Can anyone shed light on what the view is like up there?

Also wondered if there is a place to wait for the players after the game to try and get an autograph?

Thanks!

Re: Quality of seat in TD Garden
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:47:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hello!

My Girlfriend and I are making our first trip to Boston in a couple of weeks! I've got us tickets to see the Heat game on the 26th, Balcony Center 315, Row 11 Seats 16,17. Can anyone shed light on what the view is like up there?

Also wondered if there is a place to wait for the players after the game to try and get an autograph?

Thanks!

Have you used the virtual view on the Celtics website?

http://celtics.io-media.com/web/index.html#

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:13:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Hello!

Thanks!

All things considered, those are pretty good seats. Yes, they're back a bit, but you have a great view. I think that it's more important to be closer to the center than it is closer to the court.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Hello!

Thanks!

All things considered, those are pretty good seats. Yes, they're back a bit, but you have a great view. I think that it's more important to be closer to the center than it is closer to the court.

Mike

Seats for the Cavs game last week were literally in the last row and you could see the court just fine (plus you get some good step work in getting there!). 

I don't know anything about autograph seeking, but have a good time at the game.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 06:01:31 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
Hello!

Thanks!

Have you used the virtual view on the Celtics website?

http://celtics.io-media.com/web/index.html#

I did, it looks fine there but I'm always skeptical. Count me as burned a few times relying on things like that
Hello!

Thanks!

Mike

Seats for the Cavs game last week were literally in the last row and you could see the court just fine (plus you get some good step work in getting there!). 

I don't know anything about autograph seeking, but have a good time at the game.

Thanks guys. I agree about being closer to the middle, much better overview.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 08:35:42 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd like to second Redz on this one: the TD Garden is pretty well done this way, I've been in the absolute nosebleeds a couple of times and never had any problems seeing the court.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 09:21:14 AM »

Offline Ory

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
My wife and I have tickets to that exact game one section over. You will be far away, but close to the middle, and you are on the side most of the timeout entertainment faces. You can see fine from up there, the only better views would be closer and more expensive.

I also have no idea how to get autographs, I would guess getting there early would be more likely than after the game when the players just want a shower.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'd like to second Redz on this one: the TD Garden is pretty well done this way, I've been in the absolute nosebleeds a couple of times and never had any problems seeing the court.
Yeah, I once sat in the very last row nosebleeds and still could make out the action.  Also up there you are more or less eye-height with the Jumbotron so you won't miss much.

It is pretty much impossible to get close to the players either before or after the game.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I don't agree if you got a great seat within ten seats of the court, it makes all the difference.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 12:37:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don't agree if you got a great seat within ten seats of the court, it makes all the difference.

I think he was mostly trying to make Sundance feel good about his first trip to the Garden. Obviously the closer you are (especially within 10 rows of the court), the better - that's why the tickets are so expensive. However, center court, not too far up in the balcony, isn't too shabby. You get a solid view of the whole game.

Either way, just going to a game is fun - even if you are in the back row on one end of the court.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 06:38:52 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

I think he was mostly trying to make Sundance feel good about his first trip to the Garden. Obviously the closer you are (especially within 10 rows of the court), the better - that's why the tickets are so expensive. However, center court, not too far up in the balcony, isn't too shabby. You get a solid view of the whole game.

Either way, just going to a game is fun - even if you are in the back row on one end of the court.

Yeah I agree that right near the court is ideal, they just cost a lot :P I guess the only worry was if the balcony would block any of the court or if it's like the gods in some football (soccer) stadiums where you can just about make out the colours of the teams if you squint enough.

All sounds solid though, I'm looking forward to it! As it's the Heat game I'm expecting a good game as well, hoping I might get a rare glimpse at one of KOs good days!