Author Topic: forums new look  (Read 27007 times)

forums new look
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:50:08 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
so...

anyone notice anything different?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: forums new look
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:41 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
definitely different.  not sure I like it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:03:20 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Nope ;D

Joking aside, looks nice.

Take a bit getting used to, but doesn't everything?

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I thought I was redirected to another site lol
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 08:12:11 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Guess it makes sense to have the forums match the front page in layout, but I've always been slow to like change.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 08:25:04 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I do not wish to appear curmudgeonly, so I will wait a few days before deciding. I want to get used to the new layout and comfortable using it before my usual rush to judgement.  ;D

Edit: I think I like stars more than Lego blocks for counting posts. But it is not fatal.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
so...

anyone notice anything different?
What do you mean, it all looks the same to me.

My main concern is that I now see fewer latest forum topics because the font and the spacing is bulkier (the SBNation web designer needs to think more about efficient use of space, I guess).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »

fitzhickey

Freaked me out at the beginning, but I like it. Looks.. cleaner? I'm not sure, but I like it

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
this was a loooooong time coming but I know that Roy put in a lot of work to make sure everything looks and works right and I think he did a fantastic job

there's a lot of back end and functional stuff that has improved that Roy can speak more specifically to but trust me when I say this was for the best going forward

I know change is hard sometimes and not all change is good (hey sleeved jerseys!) but I think and hope this will grow on anyone that isn't immediately impressed with it

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »

fitzhickey

this was a loooooong time coming but I know that Roy put in a lot of work to make sure everything looks and works right and I think he did a fantastic job

there's a lot of back end and functional stuff that has improved that Roy can speak more specifically to but trust me when I say this was for the best going forward

I know change is hard sometimes and not all change is good (hey sleeved jerseys!) but I think and hope this will grow on anyone that isn't immediately impressed with it
Not sure comparing this to sleeved jerseys will win you fans  ;D

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter

I was trying to contrast them with them, but I get your point

here's a better example - short shorts were fine for our fathers and grandfathers, but the long shorts are better now - better?

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 08:35:29 AM »

fitzhickey

I was trying to contrast them with them, but I get your point

here's a better example - short shorts were fine for our fathers and grandfathers, but the long shorts are better now - better?
There we go

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sorry, don't like it one bit.  Hate it every bit as much as the front page.

The front page change a while back was the main reason I refuse to frequent that section of the blog anymore.  If I wasn't so tied to the DKC, this would probably have pushed me away entirely.

This is going to be really hard to accept.  It hurts my eyes.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Looks a whole lot more modern, that's for sure.

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I hate change!

But this looks great. Good work, guys.