Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199944 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Simmons with a triple-double, Embiid with 30. And Fultz increases his tiny sample of suckiness to 4.
Simmons looks very good (although he needs to improve shooting to be a franchise star). Embiid is a franchise star if he says healthy. I am losing confidence in fultz every game. I'll keep beleiving he has a chance to be very good, but I like the trade more every day.

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Simmons with a triple-double, Embiid with 30. And Fultz increases his tiny sample of suckiness to 4. Sixers about to take down a godawful looking Pistons team.

AB ....going for 35 points ?  Save em AB !  ;D

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Stanley Johnson still hasn't figure it out apparently.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Simmons with a triple-double, Embiid with 30. And Fultz increases his tiny sample of suckiness to 4.
Simmons looks very good (although he needs to improve shooting to be a franchise star). Embiid is a franchise star if he says healthy. I am losing confidence in fultz every game. I'll keep beleiving he has a chance to be very good, but I like the trade more every day.

The ROY race is between Simmons and Ball. Nobody else will even come close to challenging those two. They will have all the playing time, opportunity, and media attention to put up the crazy stats, and they are also actually both [dang] good.

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2017, 09:54:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

The ROY race is between Simmons and Ball. Nobody else will even come close to challenging those two. They will have all the playing time, opportunity, and media attention to put up the crazy stats, and they are also actually both [dang] good.

What about Tatum? Don't get how a guy putting up huge stats and starting in Boston is behind two potential lottery teams.

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2017, 09:58:10 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

What about Tatum? Don't get how a guy putting up huge stats and starting in Boston is behind two potential lottery teams.

I love Tatum, and he will get playing time, but the Celtics play a very team oriented game, and he will not see the shot attempts or get the ball enough to compete with two guys who will be putting up triple-doubles throughout the season. The Celtics would need to challenge for the #1 seed in the East with Tatum playing a major role just for him to even be in consideration imo.

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2017, 10:24:36 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Whether its Bledsoe or Earl Watson being gone, or both, the Suns look like a whole new team, like they have been let out of prison or something. They are balling right now agains the Kings.

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Serge Ibaka 46 year old .

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Whether its Bledsoe or Earl Watson being gone, or both, the Suns look like a whole new team, like they have been let out of prison or something. They are balling right now agains the Kings.

PHX players are all hoping to be included in any Bledsoe trade. PHX vying with the NYK for #1 ClusterF front office.

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
This Suns/Kings game is almost unwatchable.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2017, 02:20:37 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

PHX players are all hoping to be included in any Bledsoe trade. PHX vying with the NYK for #1 ClusterF front office.

The Bulls and Kings have something to say about that.

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2017, 02:22:39 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Gia may very well win MVP.

Wowza!

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Whether its Bledsoe or Earl Watson being gone, or both, the Suns look like a whole new team like they have been let out of prison or something. They are balling right now against the Kings.
We (Euros) call it shock-therapy. It lasts for several games after the coach is suddenly fired. A tactic that is often used in team sports. I think it is so because its easier to fire one guy than to trade/sell contracts of some 15-20 guys.

One more aspect of this practice is that team pres./GM sends a signal that the coach was incompetent/"the rotten apple", not him and the weak talent that he picked/bought to produce results.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:17:17 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2017, 04:21:00 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Whether its Bledsoe or Earl Watson being gone, or both, the Suns look like a whole new team like they have been let out of prison or something. They are balling right now against the Kings.
We (Euros) call it shock-therapy. It lasts for several games after the coach is suddenly fired. A tactic that is often used in team sports. I think it is so because its easier to fire one guy than to trade/sell contracts of some 15-20 guys.

One more aspect of this practice is that team pres./GM sends a signal that the coach was incompetent/"the rotten apple", not him and the weak talent that he picked/bought to produce results.

It's p standard in the Euroleague. eg last year Pedoulakis resigned in mid-October from Panathinaikos' HC. I think it brings good short term results, but the long term benefits are debatable (unless the coach happens to be as bad as Pedoulakis, in which case you don't have to think about it twice).

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2017, 05:14:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

See it regularly here in Australia with the AFL, where players panic a bit when a coach gets fired and perform above their normal level in order to ensure their spot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)