Author Topic: My Turn Offense  (Read 2206 times)

Re: My Turn Offense
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 12:35:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I don't know if it's the players or Brad - but this team has a bad case of taking turns going 1 on 1 (usually launching a 3 or dribbling right at 3 defenders in the lane).  It was evident in the Miami series and most of the time we are losing late in games and pressure is on. 

What is the solution here - how do we get the big 3 to take advantage of each other's presence, rather than simply going 1 on 1 all the time?  Using Tatum/Brown in the post? Should Kemba be the 6th man point, and off the ball in the 4th so we can use a true pg?   I don't feel we can advance past good teams unless this is resolved.

Kemba is not a point guard. He’s looking for his own shot 90% of the time and does not get his teammates involved. Think he had 2 assists yesterday. If he’s not making shots, he just a liability out there, since he’s doesn’t do anything else at a high level. Defense is suspect too. Not due to effort, just a lack of size.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: My Turn Offense
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I don't know if it's the players or Brad - but this team has a bad case of taking turns going 1 on 1 (usually launching a 3 or dribbling right at 3 defenders in the lane).  It was evident in the Miami series and most of the time we are losing late in games and pressure is on. 

What is the solution here - how do we get the big 3 to take advantage of each other's presence, rather than simply going 1 on 1 all the time?  Using Tatum/Brown in the post? Should Kemba be the 6th man point, and off the ball in the 4th so we can use a true pg?   I don't feel we can advance past good teams unless this is resolved.

Kemba is not a point guard. He’s looking for his own shot 90% of the time and does not get his teammates involved. Think he had 2 assists yesterday. If he’s not making shots, he just a liability out there, since he’s doesn’t do anything else at a high level. Defense is suspect too. Not due to effort, just a lack of size.

But it’s kemba walker...the guy that saved uconn.  Seriously I like Kemba but if it’s not working it’s not working.  I kinda wonder if these high profile guys aren’t just to put butts in the seats.  I hope the ship get righted but I’ve watched this movie too many times to not know how it’s gonna end