Author Topic: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20  (Read 63852 times)

Re: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20
« Reply #1170 on: September 19, 2020, 03:56:39 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
The NBA has an agenda and it is as follows:

Crown the Lakers champions now that Kobe has passed. Not to mention James is involved and all things in the NBA must pass through him.

A Miami LA final would please the NBA. PR against his old team.

As far as the Celtics:
BS has no balls. He is good with x's and o's and no more. He doesn't have the ability to light a fire under his team.
Hayward would have been the difference in this series but he is injury prone and soft and butter.

So that's it for this year. A 44 win team in Miami is going to face the Lakers in the Finals. Maybe next year.
Hahahaha, this whole conspiracy theory makes no sense. It would be so much better for ratings if it was LBJ and the Lakers vs his old rival, and the Lakers' old rival in Boston.

Laugh all you want. Celtics/Lakers was an 80's thing. Celtics vs James has been done before too. It's time for some fresh ratings. Lakers vs their former coach. And everybody wants to see James talk about Kobe and how they won it for him when they win it this year.
Except for the fact that the Lakers and the Celtics have met in two Finals series' in the last 12 years, splitting them. The Lakers v Pat Riley heat was at its prime in the mid-2000s with Shaq, it's literally not even a storyline at all now.

Not even comparable. There is nothing to support your claims

I do agree with his idea that the NBA would love the storyline of the Lakers winning the title the year after Kobe died, and how that would tie the Lakers with the Celtics for titles, and LeBron winning another title, yada yada. That part makes perfect sense to me.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1171 on: October 11, 2020, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

Crown the Lakers champions now that Kobe has passed. Not to mention James is involved and all things in the NBA must pass through him.

As far as the Celtics:
BS has no balls. He is good with x's and o's and no more. He doesn't have the ability to light a fire under his team.
Hayward would have been the difference in this series but he is injury prone and soft and butter.

So that's it for this year. A 44 win team in Miami is going to face the Lakers in the Finals. Maybe next year.
Hahahaha, this whole conspiracy theory makes no sense. It would be so much better for ratings if it was LBJ and the Lakers vs his old rival, and the Lakers' old rival in Boston.

Laugh all you want. Celtics/Lakers was an 80's thing. Celtics vs James has been done before too. It's time for some fresh ratings. Lakers vs their former coach. And everybody wants to see James talk about Kobe and how they won it for him when they win it this year.

Told ya.  ;) ::)

« Reply #1172 on: October 12, 2020, 12:13:05 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

As far as the Celtics:

People are laughing at NBA's abysmal ratings. I hope Silver and the crew are enjoying the way they laid the red carpet for the Lakers. Celtics-Lakers Finals could have at least increase the ratings. But thanks to this, salary cap will dramatically decrease next year.

« Reply #1173 on: October 12, 2020, 12:34:49 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

As far as the Celtics:

People are laughing at NBA's abysmal ratings. I hope Silver and the crew are enjoying the way they laid the red carpet for the Lakers. Celtics-Lakers Finals could have at least increase the ratings. But thanks to this, salary cap will dramatically decrease next year.

Good. I did not watch a single second of the Finals. I hope the NBA lose a lot of money. I only root for the Celtics, and only for the Celtics. Not for the NBA, and most definitely not for LeBron and his clowns and narratives.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1174 on: October 12, 2020, 01:05:38 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

As far as the Celtics:

Good. I did not watch a single second of the Finals. I hope the NBA lose a lot of money. I only root for the Celtics, and only for the Celtics. Not for the NBA, and most definitely not for LeBron and his clowns and narratives.

Right there with you. I didn't watch a minute of the playoffs once the Celtics were out.

« Reply #1175 on: October 12, 2020, 04:15:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

As far as the Celtics:

Yeah, except you got it 100% wrong, lol. This Finals was one of the lowest rated Finals of all time
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1176 on: December 16, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
(Sorry ignore)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1177 on: December 16, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Does anyone know why the Celtics only have two preseason games?  Don't a lot of teams have 4?
Yup

« Reply #1178 on: December 16, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Does anyone know why the Celtics only have two preseason games?  Don't a lot of teams have 4?

I think teams basically got to choose how many they wanted to play (minimum one home and one away). Celtics apparently chose to play the minimum, some chose the maximum (four). I could be mistaken, but I thought I read something like that.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1179 on: December 16, 2020, 01:14:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I think teams basically got to choose how many they wanted to play (minimum one home and one away). Celtics apparently chose to play the minimum, some chose the maximum (four). I could be mistaken, but I thought I read something like that.

Thanks

Have your thousandth TP on me!
Yup