Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 23078 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 02:42:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I keep hearing rumblings that Jabari Parker could be had for the right price.   

Chad Ford via Insider: 
Question:  "Which likely lottery team in the East should look to sell?"  Ford: "The Bucks, although I would say "will" more than "should." Jason Kidd is unhappy with his team's performance and has the authority to make moves. In play are Michael Carter-Williams (acquired a year ago), Greg Monroe (signed in July) and Jabari Parker, who arrived via the 2014 draft and was immediately designated a franchise savior."

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 02:46:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I keep hearing rumblings that Jabari Parker could be had for the right price.   

Chad Ford via Insider: 
Question:  "Which likely lottery team in the East should look to sell?"  Ford: "The Bucks, although I would say "will" more than "should." Jason Kidd is unhappy with his team's performance and has the authority to make moves. In play are Michael Carter-Williams (acquired a year ago), Greg Monroe (signed in July) and Jabari Parker, who arrived via the 2014 draft and was immediately designated a franchise savior."
I always thought that the idea that Parker could be had was ridiculous, until reading this article this morning.

I'd give our Nets pick this year, plus anyone besides Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, or Thomas.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 02:52:21 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Wait until the offseason.  He's good but I'm not sure if he is going to dramatically outplay KO or Sully in the frame of the team without an offseason to work in Stevens' system, so getting him now to improve ourselves seems a little dubious.  The cost of getting him now is going to be a lot higher than this offseason, too.  So why overpay now when we won't even really get a benefit from it?  It will kill our minutes distribution. Plus, what if a better 4 becomes available or we get the #1 pick and can draft Simmons?  There doesn't seem to be any reason to move on him in particular now.

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 02:59:48 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
"My offer is this -- nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally."
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The ACL tear has him clearly in a regression, not to mention  him being burryed in the depth chart(currently playing out of position). At this point I wouldn't give up the Brooklyn pick for him. Maybe something on the lines of AB, and our 2016 1st

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2016, 03:18:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Bucks aren't using him properly. 

Where would Jabari go in this draft ? 

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2016, 03:21:28 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
all of our first but the nets pick and all our second this year

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Where does me make us better? Scorer off the bench? We'd have to give up too much to justify that role.

Let me suggest something else... John Henson. The Bucks winning % goes WAY up when Henson plays 20 mins or more. Send Sullinger somewhere, and buy on Henson.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2016, 03:24:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Where does me make us better? Scorer off the bench? We'd have to give up too much to justify that role.

Let me suggest something else... John Henson.

Fact: The Bucks have won every game this year when Henson plays 20 mins or more. Send Sullinger somewhere, and buy on Henson.
The idea behind acquiring Parker isn't to make us better now, it's to make us better long term.

Long term he would make us better by becoming a go to scorer. With his injury last year he's essentially in his rookie year this year, he has a ton of room for growth.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
For everyone who wants to protect the Brooklyn Pick: that is not allowed. I'd have two offers:

Jabari and 2016 Bucks 1st for 2016 Nets Pick (or swap rights if need be), 2016 Dallas Pick, and Jared Sullinger

Jabari Parker for 2016 Dallas Pick, 2016 Boston Pick (top 3 protected), and Sully or Zeller
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Let me suggest something else... John Henson. The Bucks winning % goes WAY up when Henson plays 20 mins or more. Send Sullinger somewhere, and buy on Henson.
I think Jabari can be a go-to scorer. 

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2016, 03:27:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

The idea behind acquiring Parker isn't to make us better now, it's to make us better long term.

Long term he would make us better by becoming a go to scorer. With his injury last year he's essentially in his rookie year this year, he has a ton of room for growth.

I've stated my feelings on Parker before. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA. I don't believe he can be a go to scorer in the half-court.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2016, 03:27:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
This is why I want to know where you guys think Jabari would go in this draft.  2nd?  3rd at worst ?  If that Brooklyn pick stands where it is, it's most likely not ending up top 2.  Wouldn't you have to give up that pick for Jabari if the Bucks wanted it?

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
"My offer is this -- nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally."

My favorite movie, padrino....TP.

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I think Jabari can be a go-to scorer.

How, when he has no range? Teams are just sagging off him right now because he's only capable of scoring at the basket. And he does virtually nothing else well.

Is your contention to teach him to shoot? Why wouldn't MIL just do that, if they felt they could?

As for where Parker would go in this draft.... which Parker? Are we time-warping to Parker's last season at Duke? Or are we realistiically looking at the current players value, after a serious knee injury, and the warts of his game have been exposed in the NBA?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)