Author Topic: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!  (Read 69763 times)

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2020, 02:01:07 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Number 11!

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2020, 03:01:58 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Dellavedova with a better offensive game

« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2020, 03:06:39 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Dellavedova with a better offensive game

Delly is a much more accomplished defender than Payton.

If he could turn into even a VanVleet lite, would be huge.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2020, 04:12:04 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but a work out by Pritchard working on his handles (quite impressive):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQvDAsBZLUY

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2020, 07:56:44 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but a work out by Pritchard working on his handles (quite impressive):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQvDAsBZLUY

He is growing on me.

IF, and a big IF, he becomes a FredVV type of player, or even 90% FVV, he would be an interesting option going forward. Combined with Nesmith become a dead shooter who still defends.
PP
Nesmith
Brown
Tatum

is the start of something special long term
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2020, 08:43:51 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
2 words : Steve. Nash.

:)

make it happen payton!!

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2020, 09:43:51 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I am here to tell you all.  This is one of the best picks in the draft.  I take it that many of you don't stay up to watch PAC12 basketball. It is not often that you can get a player at 26 that is as accomplished and has as many elite skills/traits that he has. 

1.  He is easily one of the best shooting PGs in this draft.  His range is limitless.

2.  His handle is tight.  Super shifty and crafty with the ball in his hands and generates space to get shots off and make plays.

3.  Ultimate competitor and clutch as hell. 

They say size is a detriment but he is 6'2 not 5'10.  I have watched alot of his games and he was very high on my board.  You will love him.  Just watch his highlights and you will quickly change your minds.

As a UW alum (and someone who travels to the west coast a lot) I DO stay up and watch a fair amount of pac-12 games.

I hated this guy.

But I love this pick.

I hated this guy because he was that guy on Oregon who simply made every freaking ridiculous play against my team and whatever other team I saw them play against.   Does anybody else remember how irritating it was to watch Rick Barry?   How he always made tough, gritty play after play that had no business happening?   That's this guy.

Pritchard is a baller.   Best point guard in the NCAA this last year.

No, he doesn't have elite size & athleticism and he's a senior and thus probably has limited 'upside'.   Not the highest "ceiling".   But he's got probably the highest "floor" of any player in this draft.   

His skills are rock solid on just about everything you could want from a point guard.  He's wicked basketball-smart and dominated the floor for Oregon this last year, carrying that team to a 24-7 record (no other player averaged even 13 points on that team) and he did it not just with shooting, but by dealing a ton of assists and just plain making smart play after smart play.

He'll be a fan favorite very quick and I will be shocked if he doesn't earn legit minutes very quick.

He was clearly picked to be a 'safe', ready-to-play pick.  This pick and the signing of Teague are almost certainly because Danny wants to manage Kemba's minutes.

Wanamaker was a solid guy for us last year, good shooter and tough defender, but his turnovers were killer.  Both Teague and Pritchard have much, much better handles and are better playmakers.

I don't believe Pritchard will ever be a "star" - he'll probably never sniff an All-Star invite.  But he's the kind of player who will probably have a JJ Barea type career.   Stays in the league for a decade, moving across a few teams, some good some bad, and at every stop ending up being far more important to the rotation than expected.   He's actually a lot like JJ except he's much bigger and a lot, lot better shooter.

Great pick by Danny at #26.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2020, 09:46:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
-Pritchard is going to wear #11

-Nesmith wore 24 at Vanderbilt. But that number is retired

-Teague likes 00 or 0. Retired and Tatum number

- #13 available and likely for Thompson

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2020, 02:12:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I am here to tell you all.  This is one of the best picks in the draft.  I take it that many of you don't stay up to watch PAC12 basketball. It is not often that you can get a player at 26 that is as accomplished and has as many elite skills/traits that he has. 

1.  He is easily one of the best shooting PGs in this draft.  His range is limitless.

2.  His handle is tight.  Super shifty and crafty with the ball in his hands and generates space to get shots off and make plays.

3.  Ultimate competitor and clutch as hell. 

They say size is a detriment but he is 6'2 not 5'10.  I have watched alot of his games and he was very high on my board.  You will love him.  Just watch his highlights and you will quickly change your minds.

As a UW alum (and someone who travels to the west coast a lot) I DO stay up and watch a fair amount of pac-12 games.

I hated this guy.

But I love this pick.

I hated this guy because he was that guy on Oregon who simply made every freaking ridiculous play against my team and whatever other team I saw them play against.   Does anybody else remember how irritating it was to watch Rick Barry?   How he always made tough, gritty play after play that had no business happening?   That's this guy.

Pritchard is a baller.   Best point guard in the NCAA this last year.

No, he doesn't have elite size & athleticism and he's a senior and thus probably has limited 'upside'.   Not the highest "ceiling".   But he's got probably the highest "floor" of any player in this draft.   

His skills are rock solid on just about everything you could want from a point guard.  He's wicked basketball-smart and dominated the floor for Oregon this last year, carrying that team to a 24-7 record (no other player averaged even 13 points on that team) and he did it not just with shooting, but by dealing a ton of assists and just plain making smart play after smart play.

He'll be a fan favorite very quick and I will be shocked if he doesn't earn legit minutes very quick.

He was clearly picked to be a 'safe', ready-to-play pick.  This pick and the signing of Teague are almost certainly because Danny wants to manage Kemba's minutes.

Wanamaker was a solid guy for us last year, good shooter and tough defender, but his turnovers were killer.  Both Teague and Pritchard have much, much better handles and are better playmakers.

I don't believe Pritchard will ever be a "star" - he'll probably never sniff an All-Star invite.  But he's the kind of player who will probably have a JJ Barea type career.   Stays in the league for a decade, moving across a few teams, some good some bad, and at every stop ending up being far more important to the rotation than expected.   He's actually a lot like JJ except he's much bigger and a lot, lot better shooter.

Great pick by Danny at #26.

TP for scouting report.  I think he will be an early contributor, and by the end of the season get more minutes as back up PG than Teague.  Kid is fearless.  Incredible 3 point range, Steph and Dame like.

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2020, 02:31:13 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Chief!  That reminds me of a funny story.  Back in the early 90s there was this "scandal" that broke about a group of high school kids from Lakewood High School in Southern California called "The Lakewood Posse".  I don't remember the details, and it probably wouldn't even be newsworthy today, but this group of kids would sleep with underclassmen, and then wear an NBA Jersey who's number reflected how many girls they'd slept with.

So, I'm on a plane with my boss at the time, and he brings this up and says "what is your jersey, Robert Parrish?".  It still cracks me up.

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2020, 02:36:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Chief!  That reminds me of a funny story.  Back in the early 90s there was this "scandal" that broke about a group of high school kids from Lakewood High School in Southern California called "The Lakewood Posse".  I don't remember the details, and it probably wouldn't even be newsworthy today, but this group of kids would sleep with underclassmen, and then wear an NBA Jersey who's number reflected how many girls they'd slept with.

So, I'm on a plane with my boss at the time, and he brings this up and says "what is your jersey, Robert Parrish?".  It still cracks me up.

Lol

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Wonder if Nesmith flips it and does a 42?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Wonder if Nesmith flips it and does a 42?

Well, 42 is the ultimate answer so... :D

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2020, 06:22:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Theres a video on youtube of Pritchard doing a staning dribbling drill. It's pretty sick, dribbles hard and quick with a lot of control. I know people are excited about him not being big or athletic, but he seems sneaky and smart, with a chip on his sholder. I love that.

« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2020, 07:03:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Theres a video on youtube of Pritchard doing a staning dribbling drill. It's pretty sick, dribbles hard and quick with a lot of control. I know people are excited about him not being big or athletic, but he seems sneaky and smart, with a chip on his sholder. I love that.

That’s a great video. Prichard has an elite handle and motor to go along with a beautiful shot. He brings a lot to the table.