Author Topic: Trade Idea: Rozier to Orlando  (Read 1806 times)

Trade Idea: Rozier to Orlando
« on: October 26, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
With Baynes, Morris, Theis set to become free agents, we need more big men reinforcements. Also, it will be hard to pay Terry as has been discussed.

Trade Rozier and Morris with a future pick for Jonathan Isaac and Jerian Grant?  I'm sure Orlando would want either the Memphis pick or the Clippers pick. Would that be enough to make them do it? Isaac is still under control for a few years.

Our core will still be here next year, but our bench will be vastly different. Smart is coming back and this would give us Isaac off the bench to go with Yabusele and Williams.

Re: Trade Idea: Rozier to Orlando
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Orlando says no without hesitation even with the extra pick IMO.  Isaac fits the ideal mold of the modern two-way player.  His upside + rookie contract are far more valuable to Orlando than Rozier and Morris. 

The Sacramento pick could be tempting but they would essentially need to commit to Rozier long term.  I'm not convinced they would be willing to do it.  Orlando probably asks for two picks.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
I like Isaac, but I think we would lose this trade, especially the way Morris is playing right now. He is the only one scoring consistently in the bench unit. Isaac would not start for us and would not be the scorer we need from the bench.

I still think Rozier will get traded before the deadline, I'm guessing he goes to the Bulls in exchange for Bobby Portis, allowing Jabari to start at PF.

A lot of people wanted this at the draft. It's just happening a little late. Haha
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I like Isaac but he is a win later move. I also don't think Orlando does this unless they are crazy in love with Rozier.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 04:34:06 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Its certainly a move for the future, not for this year. This year, moving Morris would take a way a luxury but at the same time it would open up more opportunities for Brown and Hayward to get shots.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Another Rozier trade proposal, one that probably has been mentioned before, but also a proposal that can have huge significance. Why? Since the target (Augustin) is the perfect salary filler in a trade for Davis.

To Boston: D.J. Augustin
To Orlando: Terry Rozier, Guerschon Yabusele, Jabari Bird

Then you have 7,25 million as salary filler, which is exactly enough to prevent to have to trade Brown, Smart, Hayward or Horford for salary matching purposes. And with that expiring contract he's a neutral piece for New Orleans.

Also I think it helps us this season, since Rozier is clearly unable to perform at his best as a bench player, while Augustin has shown that he can adapt to any role or team. Yabusele has become better lately, but not enough that his loss is a big deal.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 06:35:01 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Expiring contracts (19-20 for Augustin) are overrated now imo

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
If the Celts are going to trade with Orlando, the guy they should go after is Vucevic.

Inside scoring and a lot of rebounds, that's what Vucevic gives you and that's what the Celts are lacking right now.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 07:44:26 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
Expiring contracts (19-20 for Augustin) are overrated now imo

But getting Augustin helps us to avoid to trade Smart, Hayward or Horford this summer for Davis.

That's huge for us!

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 07:47:41 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
If the Celts are going to trade with Orlando, the guy they should go after is Vucevic.

Inside scoring and a lot of rebounds, that's what Vucevic gives you and that's what the Celts are lacking right now.

Vucevic is an expiring contract this season. Trading for him means we lose valuable salaries (and players) that could be used for a trade for Davis.