Author Topic: Chris Wilcox was supposed to be traded over collins.  (Read 7387 times)

Chris Wilcox was supposed to be traded over collins.
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Re: Chris Wilcox was supposed to be traded over collins.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 10:31:28 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/celtics-originally-tried-to-trade.html Thoughts?

I'm glad they kept Wilcox. He's one of my favorite players, and offers more than Collins.

TP for the find.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Glad that he stayed over Collins. Not much to add to it. I wonder if it was the Celtics that preferred Collins over Wilcox or if the Wizards were insisting on Wilcox over Collins though.

Whatever the case may be, Wilcox is better for us than Collins is, and the way Doc has been using Collins hasn't been one of his brightest moments this year.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:37:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wilcox is the better player. But not much difference either way.
I'd rather that we didn't have to trade a healthy body, but perhaps the salaries didn't work.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:39:11 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think Wilcox is the better player, but I think Collins may have been more what our team needed, especially without Rondo (who makes Wilcox much more effective).
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
We want Collins, lets get Jarron! Jk
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
At least Wilcox is functional on the court....all I  saw from Doc was that Collins was good in the locker  room

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I think Wilcox is the better player, but I think Collins may have been more what our team needed, especially without Rondo (who makes Wilcox much more effective).

Rondo doesn't make Wilcox much more effective. Don't know what Collins brought that was so much needed than Wilcox.

Everyone mentioned, "duh, defense"... well, Collins sucked defensively, and was incredibly hurtful on offense.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Wilcox is more valuable than Collins. Pleased Wilcox was the one to stay.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 10:57:57 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Rondo doesn't make Wilcox much more effective. Don't know what Collins brought that was so much needed than Wilcox.

Everyone mentioned, "duh, defense"... well, Collins sucked defensively, and was incredibly hurtful on offense.

Coillins is better on defense than Wilcox is, even if you want to knock Collins which I am more than willing to do.  And he has size to match up with centers.  He is better man to man and better on rotations.

And how does Rondo not make Wilcox better?  All Wilcox is offensively is catch and finish and Rondo is the best passer in the league...  Confusing why you would say that.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Happy he stayed but confirms just how awful he is

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Coillins is better on defense than Wilcox is, even if you want to knock Collins which I am more than willing to do.  And he has size to match up with centers.  He is better man to man and better on rotations.

And how does Rondo not make Wilcox better?  All Wilcox is offensively is catch and finish and Rondo is the best passer in the league...  Confusing why you would say that.

Because Wilcox's production hasn't changed with or without Rondo. He feeds off well off Pierce as well, from the improved ball movement we have been seeing since Rondo is out, and from running the floor.

The believe that Wilcox is only an asset offensively because of Rondo is a completely flawed premise.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The believe that Wilcox is only an asset offensively because of Rondo is a completely flawed premise.
Wilcox is only an asset when he gets open dunks. Glad this continues without Rondo :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Because Wilcox's production hasn't changed with or without Rondo. He feeds off well off Pierce as well, from the improved ball movement we have been seeing since Rondo is out, and from running the floor.

The numbers are pretty similar I'll give you that.  Losing your best passer hurts him though, to me.  You should just say the production though, because how would losing your best passer hurting a guy who basically only scores open dunks be a "flawed premise"?  I would say the premise is quite sound.

And his defense is worse than Collins' and he doesn't have the size.  So that hurts you.  We need inside scoring but we need size VERY badly.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Wilcox is only an asset when he gets open dunks. Glad this continues without Rondo :)

And I'm more than fine with that, it's why he's a role player.

It means defenders can't cheat off him, and if they do, he'll make them pay. With Collins you didn't have that, in fact, it's part of what killed us in when he was subbed to guard Howard. Dwight stopped guarding Collins at all, and bothered all our efforts to penetrate and post Green who had an advantage.