Author Topic: The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point  (Read 8452 times)

Re: The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 05:09:35 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Season from Hell?

How about 1987 for 1000, Alex....

This was right after Bias passed....Man I was still a bit hopeful for our C's but you could just FEEL that there was a dark cloud forming over the team even then...

They ALL seemed older...slower......this was RIGHT AFTER they had won Banner 16 and drafted Bias.........

But they DID....they barely beat DET - if not for Larry and DJ's MIRACULOUS "STEAL BY BIRD!!!!"

Then The Lakers....Man they seemed SO MUCH FASTER than us...Michael Cooper was giving Larry fits....Magic seemed to float on air...Worthy's first step was DEADLY....Kareem's sky Hook RARELY missed.....

That heartbreaker was THIS SHOT...

Over the outstretched hands of two of the best defenders in the game.

So take THAT gut punch from Magic, add in the cloud of Bias...yeah "THAT" - IMO - was the season from Hell. You could just SENSE the foreboding and the decline and there was not a THING we could do about it.
For me the season from hell was 1993-94. Reggie died in the summer. The league gave the Celtics no cap help to help replace Lewis. And the team was awful and played with absolutely no passion all year. I was a gigantic Reggie Lewis fan. My heart hurt all that year.

Reggie was my favorite player at the time.  He even lived a few minutes down the road from me.  I will never forget finding out about his passing during a Sox broadcast.  Absolutely gutted.  Perhaps a big reason why I don't remember much of the following season.

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 05:30:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am always glad when the Celtics are in basketball season...

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 05:30:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Amen.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Amen!  The off-season for any other sport always seems to go by in a blink of an eye, but August and September are brutal waiting for the NBA season to start.

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Season from Hell?

This was right after Bias passed....Man I was still a bit hopeful for our C's but you could just FEEL that there was a dark cloud forming over the team even then...

They ALL seemed older...slower......this was RIGHT AFTER they had won Banner 16 and drafted Bias.........

But they DID....they barely beat DET - if not for Larry and DJ's MIRACULOUS "STEAL BY BIRD!!!!"

Then The Lakers....Man they seemed SO MUCH FASTER than us...Michael Cooper was giving Larry fits....Magic seemed to float on air...Worthy's first step was DEADLY....Kareem's sky Hook RARELY missed.....

So take THAT gut punch from Magic, add in the cloud of Bias...yeah "THAT" - IMO - was the season from Hell. You could just SENSE the foreboding and the decline and there was not a THING we could do about it.
For me the season from hell was 1993-94. Reggie died in the summer. The league gave the Celtics no cap help to help replace Lewis. And the team was awful and played with absolutely no passion all year. I was a gigantic Reggie Lewis fan. My heart hurt all that year.

I have to admit - I was dead as a Celtic fan by 1993.

I was on my first Navy ship, The Briscoe....there was an Engineer on there - talented and skilled sailor but BOY he gave me the business for loving the Celtics.

I'd walk on the mess decks to eat...I was already struggling from sea sickness but this dude didn't care.

He'd scream REALLY LOUDLY - for everyone to hear:

"Man you like THE CELTICS???" I'll never forget the howls of laughter. Dude was LOUD........

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2019, 05:57:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Give me these up and down Celtics ANY DAY...don't want to go through the late 80's, 90's or early 2000s EVER again.

Gut punch from Bias..upper cut from Lewis...buried by David Stern, at least for some time.

This is NOW BOS's time. I really believe that.

We got a small taste of our greatness back starting with Pierce and Toine....then KG and Ray...Rondo helped considerably....then IT4..

Now it's Smart's, Big Al's, Kyrie's and GH's turn.

This team is NEVER going back to mediocrity.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:04:24 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:05 PM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 6
I really couldn't possibly care less what happens in the offseason, who we keep, wo leaves, who we draft...….. I'm so frustrated, bored, and sick of this team, it's coaches, it's players, literally, everything about it, that I think I prefer they get swept in the first round and become the biggest embarrassment/laughing stock of the NBA and it's postseason. This is the least fun I've ever had as a fan, I mean I had more fun and more interest in the Celtics back when we were the laughing stock of the NBA with Dana Barros leading the team in scoring and getting beyond shafted in the lottery. This team sucks, the coaches suck, and every day it becomes clearer and clearer that Danny -- you guessed it -- sucks.

Just get this wretched conglomeration of clowns off our court and out of our uniform and out of town. It makes me sick this circus show is representing such a storied franchise and city. I don't even have hope in the slightest in any of our younger supposed potential-filled "stars-in-the-making." Get them the eff out of here too and put some players on the floor who will bust their ass for this city, organization,and fanbase and take pride playing here for us and this organization. I'm sick of the stupid phrase "potential" and , never mind, I'm just so sick of it all. I'd rather them get totally humiliated in the 1st round of the playoffs(que Jim Mora) and ownership completely clean house from top to bottom and even bring in the Harlem Globetrotters or 14 random guys from a ruckers park pickup game and roll them out next year and every single player from this years team(and all the coaches) be so humiliated from this entire season and playoff exit that their careers all go down the toilet into the biggest septic tank in Boston or wherever they end up, which is where they belong.

The organization should be paying random homeless people off the streets of Boston to show up at the Garden for home games and sit there not even cheering or paying attention to this abomination of a bum circuit and rather let them sit in the seats drinking or shooting their drugs instead of fans having to pay to watch this wannabe spin off of Barnum and Bailey's.

Icing on the cake is to completely bomb every draft choice they get this year, which wouldn't be far from Danny's norm in the first place. Just get this awful season over already and this entire clown show out of this city. I don't even have faith in Jaylen or Jayson ever turning into much of anything at this point. This whole team sucks. BOUNCE. JUST GET OUT OF HERE!

That was a good one, legitimately laughed out loud

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Give me these up and down Celtics ANY DAY...don't want to go through the late 80's, 90's or early 2000s EVER again.

Gut punch from Bias..upper cut from Lewis...buried by David Stern, at least for some time.

We got a small taste of our greatness back starting with Pierce and Toine....then KG and Ray...Rondo helped considerably....then IT4..

I wish I shared your enthusiasm.

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2019, 06:30:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I wish I shared your enthusiasm.

Isn't it ironic that the frog's color is Green.

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 07:13:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Look, when they make a MOVIE after your team when things are SO BAD...

The ironic thing here is that we'd go on to "kidnap/steal" ANOTHER Jazz player from Utah nearly 20 years later......

Again I'll take THIS Celtics Team EVERY Day and TWICE on Sundays.

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I am surprised they are still playing the game tonight given how bleak everything is..

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Look, when they make a MOVIE after your team when things are SO BAD...

The ironic thing here is that we'd go on to "kidnap/steal" ANOTHER Jazz player from Utah nearly 20 years later......

Again I'll take THIS Celtics Team EVERY Day and TWICE on Sundays.

OMG, lol, what a classif and so ironic. Id give you 10 TP's for that but I have to wait 30 min since giving you one from your previous post. I can't believe id forgotten about that movie and the irony involved in us getting Hayward from them, essentially viewed as stealing him from them by Utah fans.

Oh man, the memories. What a blast to my past/youth. Haha, good stuff brother.

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 08:25:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What is wrong with people.

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2019, 11:06:10 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Season from Hell?

That was my worst season as a Celtics fan too. I was gutted by Reggie's death.

The Pitino years sucked too but at least I wasn't expecting them to win.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2019, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Some epic rage here  :angel:

I've been watching the Celtics since 1986 and can think of any number of seasons that were worse/more disappointing than this. I guess sports fans in Boston are pretty spoiled.
I always judge a season by whether a team underachieves or overachieves.  That's what makes this season so frustrating. What appeared to be a championship contender now may not get out of the first round - and if they do they get Milwaukee so their playoff stay is likely to be short.

I can't remember a Celtics team that has underachieved to the degree that this one has.  Maybe that season where Bird's Celtics went out early vs Milwaukee, or the season when Ainge rolled the dice and traded Perkins to OKC, but those are the only ones that come to mind. 

On a lot of nights, they've just gotten outworked.  It's been hard to watch at times - too many times.