Author Topic: The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point  (Read 8466 times)

The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:01:11 PM »

Offline pistal47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 6
I really couldn't possibly care less what happens in the offseason, who we keep, wo leaves, who we draft...….. I'm so frustrated, bored, and sick of this team, it's coaches, it's players, literally, everything about it, that I think I prefer they get swept in the first round and become the biggest embarrassment/laughing stock of the NBA and it's postseason. This is the least fun I've ever had as a fan, I mean I had more fun and more interest in the Celtics back when we were the laughing stock of the NBA with Dana Barros leading the team in scoring and getting beyond shafted in the lottery. This team sucks, the coaches suck, and every day it becomes clearer and clearer that Danny -- you guessed it -- sucks.

Just get this wretched conglomeration of clowns off our court and out of our uniform and out of town. It makes me sick this circus show is representing such a storied franchise and city. I don't even have hope in the slightest in any of our younger supposed potential-filled "stars-in-the-making." Get them the eff out of here too and put some players on the floor who will bust their ass for this city, organization,and fanbase and take pride playing here for us and this organization. I'm sick of the stupid phrase "potential" and , never mind, I'm just so sick of it all. I'd rather them get totally humiliated in the 1st round of the playoffs(que Jim Mora) and ownership completely clean house from top to bottom and even bring in the Harlem Globetrotters or 14 random guys from a ruckers park pickup game and roll them out next year and every single player from this years team(and all the coaches) be so humiliated from this entire season and playoff exit that their careers all go down the toilet into the biggest septic tank in Boston or wherever they end up, which is where they belong.

The organization should be paying random homeless people off the streets of Boston to show up at the Garden for home games and sit there not even cheering or paying attention to this abomination of a bum circuit and rather let them sit in the seats drinking or shooting their drugs instead of fans having to pay to watch this wannabe spin off of Barnum and Bailey's.

Icing on the cake is to completely bomb every draft choice they get this year, which wouldn't be far from Danny's norm in the first place. Just get this awful season over already and this entire clown show out of this city. I don't even have faith in Jaylen or Jayson ever turning into much of anything at this point. This whole team sucks. BOUNCE. JUST GET OUT OF HERE!

Re: The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 10:06:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm feeling pretty down on the team at the moment, but jeesh, I don't think it's worth this harsh a reaction
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:09:21 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
If I didn't know any better, I would think this is a copypasta! But seriously, if a HOBBY, yes, say it with me now, a HOBBY, is making you this miserable, why even bother caring this much? Just stop, since you aren't enjoying yourself.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline CelticsCeltics

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
Geez man take it easy.  It has been a frustrating season but this team is in a decent position going forward and to make some noise in the playoffs.  We’re in a better position than many other teams are and have been for years.  I seriously feel bad for some fan bases but not ours.

I do agree that this has been the least enjoyable season in quite some time and that there are some frustrating players and moments from Brad Stevens, but things could be much worse.  Worst case scenario Kyrie leaves this summer and we draft 3 times in this draft, have the Grizzlies pick coming up, Tatum and Brown who probably aren’t superstars but good enough players to inspire hope for a contending team in the future.

Danny Ainge does not suck.  He is one of the best at what he does.  If Hayward never got injured, we would not even be having this conversation and the Celtics would probably be like 58-14 right now or something.  Things could be worse. There’s still hope this season and beyond.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 10:15:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not a single thing that's salvageable, huh? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 10:17:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not a single thing that's salvageable, huh?
Things might not be great, but I can count on one hand the teams I like more than us (in terms of short-term outlook)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Go root for another team. Problem solved.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:19 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Or lay off the bottle.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:03 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Or lay off the bottle.
And move away from the cliff.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
This will never be more than entertainment.  If being a 5 seed - a 5 seed mind you, not out of the playoffs like a certain Western conference rival - is causing you so much distress, then you need to find a new hobby.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 10:40:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Some epic rage here  :angel:

I've been watching the Celtics since 1986 and can think of any number of seasons that were worse/more disappointing than this. I guess sports fans in Boston are pretty spoiled.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
All I can say is I remember sticking through all 67 losses back in 96 so, while this team hasn’t reached its expectations, we are still very much in a good position.  This team is RELEVANT and we have a legit chance to make some noise in the playoffs.  There is a lot to enjoy here.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hang in there.

Things can only get better, even if we don't succeed in the playoffs this season.

I am still appreciative of having a player the caliber of Kyrie on our team and hoping he comes back this summer. Hopefully we can also get Anthony Davis. But if neither happens, I am sure we'll still have a competitive, playoff caliber team next year as well.

I think all of us as Celtics fans get frustrated sometimes with the state of the team, but I don't think many are losing faith that another banner will be lifted (hopefully much sooner rather than much later.)

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 11:30:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I find it amazing that people call this season their worst Celtic season ever. They say this team is the hardest Celtic team to watch play EVER. They outwardly hope the team gets embarrassed in the playoffs. Amazing.

Now I don't know how old any of you are but, this team will be a 50 win team. They could, with some hard work and dedication, make the Finals. We don't know because the season is not over. There is still time and a chance to go all the way. A very slight chance, but a chance.

And since there is still a chance, there is no way this season is worse than say the 1977-1979 Celtics with just a host a scumbag players, guys ready to retire and the bad coaching carosel of Heinsohn, Sanders and Cowens. The Celtics had 4 losing seasons between 1950 and 1993. Yup, 4 losing seasons in 43 years. These two Celtic teams in 1977-78 and 1978-79 were two of those years. Those seasons with John Y. Brown buying the team getting Red threatening to leave to go work for the Knicks, still stands as two of Boston's worst seasons ever. Lived through them. They sucked.

Then you have the Pitino and M.L Carr years. All 6 of those years were painful to watch, especially towards the end when they became a three point chucking team.

And a lot of people that complain about this team, I think forget, at the turn of the century, the team chucking the most three pointers in the league was Boston.

Then there is that 1993-94 season, where Reggie Lewis died during the preceding summer and the entire team just mailed it in that year. It was difficult to watch that year.

Then there are those break it down and build it up years of Rivers and Stevens. Those years all sucked. Those teams were just awful.

Point is, this season isn't over, they still have a chance for a long long playoff run. And as frustrated as you may be, be happy to know this ACTUALLY isn't the worst Celtic season ever. There have many, many worse years than this one

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 11:46:56 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
LOL. Can we start a sticky thread that's like the opposite of the "pep-rally, feel good positive only" thread.

Just venting, hating on bench guys, hating on starters, hating on anything really.

(Sidenote: bring back rondo)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.