Author Topic: Why is Jaylen always getting yelled at?  (Read 5376 times)

Re: Why is Jaylen always getting yelled at?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »

Offline Remember33

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
Marcus and Marcus seem like big time bullies.

If I'm Jaylen, I can't wait to get out of Boston.

You can get mad at your teammate the right way, but Marcus reaction was over the top and not helping any, I see it in sports all the time with youth, you beeade your teammate it does nothing to help.

This team is ready for the breakup, saldy they have to wait until the offseason

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2019, 06:04:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Because he is making costly mistakes. Last nights game he played minimal at the end of the third and beginning of the fourth because he was a walking disaster. Stevens had to call a timeout to get him off the floor he was hurting us so bad.

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2019, 06:10:58 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Dude has a bad game and people are flying off the handles again, lol.

He sucked last night.  He made a couple of mistakes and got frustrated, and it snowballed on him.  He’s been good for the last three months.  He needs to recompose himself, clear his head and get back at it.

I expect him to bounce back and be a weapon for us against Philly.

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2019, 06:25:55 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
As smart as everyone says he is, he makes too many mistakes, especially on defense. Missed assignments, wrong position, late recognizing switches, sometimes he looks like he's just learning the game. He has 3 years under his belt now, some of these veterans must be growing tired of excepting these mistakes.

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2019, 06:37:27 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

You can get mad at your teammate the right way, but Marcus reaction was over the top and not helping any, I see it in sports all the time with youth, you beeade your teammate it does nothing to help.

He is yelled at because his mistakes is over the top,game-causing mistakes
He won't be missed a bit if traded for Davis

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2019, 06:39:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He is yelled at because his mistakes is over the top,game-causing mistakes
He won't be missed a bit if traded for Davis
They most certainly are not. He makes less mistakes & lesser mistakes on both ends than Morris, Rozier, Tatum and Theis
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Why Brown is in the doghouse
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2019, 06:54:54 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So I've wondered why Brown is always in the doghouse, and why his leash seems so much shorter than others.  Last night for example, only playing 19 mins after scoring 20+ in 3 straight games, as well as other instances throughout the year.  I've definitely wanted to see Jaylen get more minutes all season.

Well Jay King had a tweet today that maybe points out why.

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1107900985790423045

Jaylen Brown was beaten backdoor on the final play of the third quarter, then allowed this easy layup shortly into the fourth. Al Horford looked irritated as hell with the breakdowns when the Celtics called timeout.

And here's video of those plays:

End of 3Q play.

4Q play at 10:36.

Do Tatum and Morris make the same/similar mistakes?  Maybe, I don't watch a lot of the games that closely.  But that's the same mistake twice within about 90 in game seconds of each other.  I have to imagine somebody scolded Jaylen between quarters, only for it to happen again a minute later.

This probably cost him 5+ minutes of action in the 4th.

So maybe Brad knows what he's doing after all in regards to Jaylen's minutes.  ;)

Still would like to see Jaylen get more minutes, but having these plays pointed out to me, ya I get it.

I called those incidents out in the game thread, in between that he had also been called for a non-foul on a legitimate steal and he started going off at the referee, I thought he was going to get T'd up. It showed me that his mind wasn't in the game and so after he gave up the layup he was pulled.

I think Jaylen tends to lose concentration easily especially if he's not featuring in the offense much, particularly on defense. Tatum does too, and he gets yanked when he has defensive lapses, and same with Terry, but for whatever reason Jaylen seems to be the whipping boy.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:04:31 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Tatum never plays defense.

Someone should yell at him.

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2019, 08:15:00 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Because Jaylen makes a lot of bad basketball decisions, for someone so smart, he does not have a good basketball IQ.

Ya I don't really think he makes any worse or more numerous mistakes than Terry, Tatum, Morris or really any one else on this team for that matter. I actually like his basketball IQ, he takes far fewer bad shots than most of his teammates. He Has a very low turnover percentage, his shots profile (mostly threes and at rim) is good, he fouls less than he used too, he is one of our three best defenders.  He's not a good passer but even that has gotten better this year. So I'm not sure what people reference when they say he has a low basketball IQ, to be he usually makes the right play. He des make mistakes, but so does pretty much every player on a rookie contract.

To the OP"s point I think he gets yelled at a lot because A) Considerably more is expected of him on the defensive end than Tatum, Rozier, ect. He is a better defender than those guys, more natural talent in that area, and so the guys on the team expect him to be good at it and get on him when he messes it. Its the old "tough love" approach. In this way I dont think its a bad thing. B) He's a young guy. Hayward is not gonna generally get yelled at, he's a vet coming back  from injury. Kyrie was awful for all of February on defense and didn't get yelled at, he's a star. Morris is a vet who other vets wont call out, as is Smart and Horford (and they dont make many mistakes anyway). The point is vets dont generally ride on other vets, young guys C) Personality. Jaylen is quite guy, the quiet guy is naturally gonna get yelled at more by the loud and annoying guys (like Smart and Morris), doesn't mean its right or fair, Morris for example messes up more on defense than anybody but Jaylen isn't gonna yell at him, he's not a yeller.

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »

Offline Remember33

• Open Roster Spot
Marcus Smart throws the ball directly to the other team, somehow the Celtics steal it back , he pulls up for a wild 3 pointer , they get the rebound back and he proceeds to shoot a sky hook styled out of control layup

Then they come down and drill a 3

Not one peep in the game thread.

That's all you should need to know.

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2019, 08:49:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Marcus Smart throws the ball directly to the other team, somehow the Celtics steal it back , he pulls up for a wild 3 pointer , they get the rebound back and he proceeds to shoot a sky hook styled out of control layup

Have your first TP. That sequence by Smart was totally unacceptable. Luckily he has fewer bonehead plays and generally takes better shots this season.

As for Jaylen, I agree that it is probably a combination of his personality, his youth, and what is expected of him. Those were mental mistakes that shouldn't have happened, but if Tatum hits that super-wide open 3 to put us up by 8 at the end of the 3rd or Morris doesn't throw the ball out of bounds at a point where you have to make sure somebody inbounds touches it, then Jaylen's mistakes never happen at all.

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »

Offline Remember33

• Open Roster Spot
Look at the end of the 3rd play

Two things come to mind

If that player stepped out of bounds , is he allowed to catch pass ?

2nd, why is Theis not on the inbounder? I can understand that they are worried about jokic or the pick he is setting , but it makes no sense with one second. You.sjould always have a guy on the inbounder with that much time left. Could have easily saved a bucket as well. Not that jb wasn't caught sleeping , but man be honest , was anybody else shocked by ot as well, took me a couple seconds to even realize what happened , I bet Stevens didn't know what him either , great play

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2019, 09:11:05 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I'm pretty sure I commented on that  :laugh:

Smart needs to calm down a bit

It was after that sequence you mentioned when he took the wild shot instead of waiting for more support to arrive.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D