Author Topic: Why is Jaylen always getting yelled at?  (Read 5379 times)

Why is Jaylen always getting yelled at?
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:55:44 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
This was the latest example of someone yelling at Jaylen Brown, Smart was mad because Jaylen tried to go 3 on 1 when he was open in the corner:

https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1100575094416510976

Prior to that there was also this a couple months ago with Morris after Jaylen was slow to run back on transition after missing a layup:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1083561838107738112

Jaylen seems to get yelled at a lot. I don't see JT or Rozier getting yelled at anywhere near as much.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Why is Jaylen always getting yelled at?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:58:07 AM »

Offline BigHam

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • 7' 2" 330 lbs
Mistakes are going to happen every game by everyone. Kyrie has built a culture where they are publicly called out for it, his daddy LeBron taught him that.
Waking up from a slumber to misunderstand another.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:05:50 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Things can change during the playoffs, I've seen it. I think they've settled on the 4th or 5th seed and know they can beat the Sixers in a series.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:23:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This happens on every team. Kyrie got mad at Hayward, for instance.

It was an overreaction by Marcus here, but also a bad decision by JB.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:26:29 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Things can change during the playoffs, I've seen it. I think they've settled on the 4th or 5th seed and know they can beat the Sixers in a series.

Possibly I think that that the people that are thinking that the Celts are suddenly going to turn it on come playoff time are going to be really disappointed. This is a very dysfunctional looking team to me, I doubt they are going very far.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 07:30:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I know how it happens on every team, God knows what the cameras don't catch...just seemed to be happening to Jaylen more than anyone else. It was making me think maybe they have it in for him or something.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:55 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
This happens on every team. Kyrie got mad at Hayward, for instance.

It was an overreaction by Marcus here, but also a bad decision by JB.

JB has the ability to drive and finish, he just made a wrong read. Marcus and Morris, and even Kyrie, take bad shots all the time and noone throws a fit. Its clear that they are trying to keep Jaylen in the dog house because they know he is more talented, and chances are that they will never get their spots back if JB starts again. Morris is a Cancer to this organization, and never gets called out. Dont be upset if we lose JB to Atlanta.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 07:36:38 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I know how it happens on every team, God knows what the cameras don't catch...just seemed to be happening to Jaylen more than anyone else. It was making me think maybe they have it in for him or something.

After a slow start, fans are generally satisfied with Jaylen, but he does seem to be the team's punching bag. His coach not only won't start him again, but his minutes are also unspectacular for a player of his age and shape.

As for Smart, I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on when it comes to shot selection. This has to be a weird year for Brown. He was a featured player on a successful team last year and is sort-of an afterthought on a disappointing team this year.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 07:43:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

After a slow start, fans are generally satisfied with Jaylen, but he does seem to be the team's punching bag. His coach not only won't start him again, but his minutes are also unspectacular for a player of his age and shape.

As for Smart, I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on when it comes to shot selection. This has to be a weird year for Brown. He was a featured player on a successful team last year and is sort-of an afterthought on a disappointing team this year.
Imo he's been playing well these couple of months, Smart and Morris should shut the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. up and fix their own issues, they're the underperforming ones recently.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 07:44:48 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Because Brown has an indifferent personality. His personality was a question when he was drafted and it still is a question. I don’t think Brown has great basketball 8nstincts and it shows.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Jaylen is the whipping boy. Every team has one. Glen Davis was the whipping boy when KG was here. I remember Luc Longley used to get yelled at by everyone on those Bulls teams (95-98).

Jaylen rarely shouts back. I think that is part of the reason it keeps happening. He doesn't have the cache that Tatum has either (as future of the franchise). So players feel more enabled to go after him.

I don't like it but I don't think it is a big deal.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Jaylen is the whipping boy. Every team has one. Glen Davis was the whipping boy when KG was here. I remember Luc Longley used to get yelled at by everyone on those Bulls teams (95-98).

Jaylen rarely shouts back. I think that is part of the reason it keeps happening. He doesn't have the cache that Tatum has either (as future of the franchise). So players feel more enabled to go after him.

I don't like it but I don't think it is a big deal.

Jaylen was the only person to challenge Smart as a rookie, and he also challenged Morris this year. They took an opportunity to tag team him publicly as if they werent in a hole before he entered the game.

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 07:56:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Because Jaylen makes a lot of bad basketball decisions, for someone so smart, he does not have a good basketball IQ.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 08:11:31 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I don't really know why, but I know he looked really mad about it last night. I thought he was playing really well until that point and than not so much. I think he's a pretty emotional guy and does not take getting yelled at well. Some guys respond well to that and some don't.
For someone who takes so many awful shots, and complained that the team wasn't playing together after the game, Smart has a lot of nerve. While I understand it wasn't Brown's smartest play of the game, at least he was trying to play aggressive and go to the rim.
On a team full of guys who like nothing better than chucking up 3's, I find it refreshing.

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 08:12:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Because Jaylen makes a lot of bad basketball decisions, for someone so smart, he does not have a good basketball IQ.

he may think too much , plus osme guys need alot of court time to build their court IQ .  He probably would do better with starting and playing tons of minutes . I feel he regresses everytime he sits .