Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36687 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2019, 01:12:11 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
And just like that, he agrees to term with the Patriots per multiple Twitter reports.

Hope Bill knows what he's doing.

WOW this is crazy!!

SO crazy!! I'm shocked.

And just like that, he agrees to term with the Patriots per multiple Twitter reports.

you just beat me to it...Adam Schefter is reporting it.  Wow, I hope they signed him non guaranteed for 75 bucks and a pair of cooling socks.

This will save Edelman a lot of wear and tear. The potential of these receivers is insane.  I am skeptical if it works out but if it does, it makes the Gronk retirement more palatable.

It probably won't end up a best-case scenario, but dang! Brown/Gordon/Edelman could be a freakin gold mine!

Imagine spreading the field with Edelman, D. Thomas, A.B. and Gordon?  Devlin stays back to double protect.  It is unfair...

Don't forget James White out of the backfield! Defenses are gonna be like, uhhhhhhh ....
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2019, 01:15:29 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

This isn't really surprising. The minute he got released, I think everyone expected him to go to the Pats.

COMPLETELY surprised me. I never thought this was even a remote possibility. But I love it!

Gronkowski will want to get in on this.

I hope so!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2019, 07:49:26 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

WOW this is crazy!!

SO crazy!! I'm shocked.

you just beat me to it...Adam Schefter is reporting it.  Wow, I hope they signed him non guaranteed for 75 bucks and a pair of cooling socks.

This will save Edelman a lot of wear and tear. The potential of these receivers is insane.  I am skeptical if it works out but if it does, it makes the Gronk retirement more palatable.

It probably won't end up a best-case scenario, but dang! Brown/Gordon/Edelman could be a freakin gold mine!

Imagine spreading the field with Edelman, D. Thomas, A.B. and Gordon?  Devlin stays back to double protect.  It is unfair...

Don't forget James White out of the backfield! Defenses are gonna be like, uhhhhhhh ....

Still not as good as the Bears offense, though (at least according to one of the commentators ilon Thursday): they like to role out 3 WRs on one side, 1 WR and TE (Burton) on the other, and Cohen coming out of the backfield. No matter how good our players are, we just can't compete with a team starting 12 men
I'm bitter.

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2019, 08:09:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

WOW this is crazy!!

SO crazy!! I'm shocked.

Still not as good as the Bears offense, though (at least according to one of the commentators ilon Thursday): they like to role out 3 WRs on one side, 1 WR and TE (Burton) on the other, and Cohen coming out of the backfield. No matter how good our players are, we just can't compete with a team starting 12 men
You overestimate Mitch Trubisky ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Brown's skill as a WR should help make up for some of the loss Gronk but he isn't the same level of a offense addition due to Gronk being a huge factor in blocking and red zone threat. The Pat's offense will be the same in that it will be a run team still especially inside the ten yrd mark. I don't see Pats switching back to a pass team. Brady needs managment and the backup QB is a rookie.

I expect AB to only be at 700 to 1100 yrds, 60 to 80 catches and  7 to 12 Tds.

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2019, 10:54:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It amazes e when I see people write stuff like "I don't wnat AB, he's a cancer!" or "He is so much worse thank (insert name)!" or "He will bring this team down!" Like this team has had some bad apples whether its Moss, Dillon, or a literal murderer playing TE and yet as far as I can tell the organization didn't collapse into itself. The organization has had to deal with multiple cheating allegations/scandals/witch hunts and didn't collapse. Its been to NINE SUPERBOWLS in the last two decades and didn't collapse. You know why BB is the best coach ever? Because he's built and organization that no one guy could DENT, let alone destroy. There is no downside to this because AB is really good, like literally the best WR of the last decade.
Completely agree. It's why I said the Pat's should get him before he actually signed with the team. I mentioned that the locker room was sane and grounded. Your opinion that they are experienced in dealing with off court adversity, including everything you said, but on field suspensions and injuries too.

I bet Brown has an All-Pro type year which will open up everything for Edelman, Gordon, White and Michel.

Going to be Title 7 this year. 7 titles going to 10 Superbowls in 18 years. We are spoiled.

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does this lure Gronk or Bennett out of retirement?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2019, 11:17:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Brown will help but OL will be Patroits downfall
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2019, 11:34:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
That's my biggest worry for the Pats. They made some trades for a a few depth guys which only shows they didn't like what they had. Hopefully the OL can gel and stay healthy from here on out.

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2019, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This has the same feel as the beginning of the '07 season. 

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I seriously doubt that. Dante Scarnecchia has turned much less talented groups of offensive lineman into very good to excellent offensive lines time and again during his time with the Patriots. If there is one area I don't worry about, it's the OL. Dante is an OL coaching God. This line will be just fine.

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I seriously doubt that. Dante Scarnecchia has turned much less talented groups of offensive lineman into very good to excellent offensive lines time and again during his time with the Patriots. If there is one area I don't worry about, it's the OL. Dante is an OL coaching God. This line will be just fine.

Yes.  If past is an indicator, O-line will be fine. If the Pats can run, the line will have no problem with protection. And I think the signs are pretty good that this team will be able to run. I think we are going to see a solid run game complimented by Brady quick drop and throw and play action. Especially once AB is available.  Quick strikes will be available for the taking , and who is better at delivering that than Tom.   O-line will benefit; defenses off-balance all game.

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
When will he be available?

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
When will he be available?
Next week the earliest. They are playing Miami next week so Bill will throw him out there versus that horrid defense, doing simple stuff and gets some reps in in what should be an easy win.

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2019, 08:05:08 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618

Yes.  If past is an indicator, O-line will be fine. If the Pats can run, the line will have no problem with protection. And I think the signs are pretty good that this team will be able to run. I think we are going to see a solid run game complimented by Brady quick drop and throw and play action. Especially once AB is available.  Quick strikes will be available for the taking , and who is better at delivering that than Tom.   O-line will benefit; defenses off-balance all game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Oline be shaky to start the season but certainly by the time it really counts they will be a well oiled machine.