Author Topic: NBA fines T-Wolves for resting player  (Read 1745 times)

NBA fines T-Wolves for resting player
« on: February 28, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
NBA fine Minnesota 25k for resting Russell.. why haven’t they fined the Clippers for resting Kawhi???
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: NBA fines T-Wolves for resting player
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:26:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Twolves should arbitrate this.  It’s complete selective enforcement.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I wonder if they didn't provide medical information to the league. It seems like the Clippers got out of any fines by e-mailing them some medical information for Kawhi. (which then got leaked by someone so that was fun)

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
76ers been resting Embiid for past 2 years..Kawhi did it in Toronto and now in LA

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 08:38:02 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I’ll always remember the first place I read the term load management. We were at a Subway trying to find WiFI for her work so I pulled out my phone and saw the term related to Lebron and I laughed and said “ Oh my god. Is this a term Lebron made up? Is this already used somewhere? This is hilarious.”
  But I’m  a hypocrite in some way. I won’t be complaining if it benefitted the Celts to a title.
    No doubt it stinks for the fans but just lie to us and don’t use the term. Pick a body part and add “cramping”. It’s less insulting to people that work really hard and barely get by.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 08:38:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
LeBron has a “sore groin” but was jumping and dancing last night against Golden State..

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
  I’ll always remember the first place I read the term load management. We were at a Subway trying to find WiFI for her work so I pulled out my phone and saw the term related to Lebron and I laughed and said “ Oh my god. Is this a term Lebron made up? Is this already used somewhere? This is hilarious.”
  But I’m  a hypocrite in some way. I won’t be complaining if it benefitted the Celts to a title.
    No doubt it stinks for the fans but just lie to us and don’t use the term. Pick a body part and add “cramping”. It’s less insulting to people that work really hard and barely get by.

I always thought it was common practice to make up an injury until Pop created DNP-OLD for Tim Duncan and people started thinking they could be honest. But now rest is more prioritized than in the past so there's more of it. Plus, with the push to legalize gambling, you can't make up injuries. So they're going to have to figure something out.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
If the team that pays the player wants him to rest nobody should have a say in this.

This is ridiculous.....

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Like all sports, the NBA was established as an entertainment product.  Put the greatest athletes in different venues and people will pay good money to be entertained watching them.  These performers serve no other great purpose to society.  They market themselves as entertainers and allow businessmen to get rich using their talents to attract fans who pay big money to watch.  So.........you are paid to entertain the fans......DO IT!
The league needs to make rules for players missing games.  I would favor a rule which requires a player to miss a MINIMUM OF 3 GAMES, if a player misses a game for ANY REASON!  You want to REST a player, fine, they rest for 3 games.  LeBron needs to miss a game for a "SORE GROIN", which happens to be against the lowly Golden St Warriors, fine, then he misses the nest two also, even if they're against, say the Clippers or Celtics! 
I believe this simple tweak would put an end to LOAD MANAGEMENT/RESTING PLAYERS, and "made up" injuries!

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This is why I dont think Kemba couldve sat the All-Star game if he didnt have a valid excuse.

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
They probably weren't smart enough about the whole thing...should have had DLo fake an injury or something. The whole thing is a bit of a joke and a farce the way it's enforced.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 01:56:54 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
This is why most teams list excuses for not playing (soreness, injury management, etc.) instead of just plain resting.

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i need speak to my boss about load mgmt  :)

please sir no,basketball for,two nights in a row....

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The Twolves should arbitrate this.  It’s complete selective enforcement.

sure it is ...they will never make the LA teams and their trove of super stars abide by the same rules.   Its all about the big market / money and catering to LA

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 03:31:01 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
James had “sore groin” against a bad Warrior team but play 2 days later..anyone with a groin injury know it won’t heal in one day... I don’t mind players sitting out but should be a rule..must sit 3 games