Poll

Who Is Paul George Playing For In 2018-2019 Season?

Oklahoma City Thunder
6 (13%)
Philadelphia 76ers
5 (10.9%)
New Orleans Pelicans (Via Sign & Trade)
2 (4.3%)
Washington Wizards (Via Sign & Trade)
0 (0%)
Utah Jazz (Via Sign & Trade)
0 (0%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (69.6%)
Other (Comment Below!)
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Poll: Paul George's Next Team?  (Read 3751 times)

Poll: Paul George's Next Team?
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
OKC's season is over, and now George is officially a FA heading into the summer.

It's widely assumed George will be the second best Free Agent available (behind Lebron, and also assuming guys like Durant, CP3, etc. stay put), and probably the third best player available in the FA/Trade markets this summer (behind Lebron and Leonard). So his decision could also have some impacts on the NBA landscape.

I'm surprised Philadelphia isn't talked about much as a George landing spot to be honest. IF Lebron doesn't go to PHI, and Leonard is traded elsewhere (or SAS aren't high on a PHI package headlined by Fultz), then George is their next best option. A legitimate two-way scoring wing that PHI could really use to form a "Big 3" of Simmons/George/Embiid.

Or maybe a S & T with WAS involving Beal (w/Beal going to OKC), or some sort of S & T with the Pelicans (if Cousins bolts/leaves NOP in FA), or maybe involving Cousins (if OKC wants to take a chance on him). Something along those lines.

Of course though, it is possible PG13 goes home to the Lakers, which has ALWAYS been the prediction it seems. Guess that will also be contingent on if LAL trades for Leonard or signs Lebron. George may want to go home, but only if there's another proven star going there too this summer.

So where do you all think he ends up going?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Poll: Paul George's Next Team?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 02:22:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Philly.

Simmons - George - Covington - Saric - Embiid

Get ready for the biggest lineup ... ever?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:30:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I think he’s going home to LA. Too much noise around it not too happen, and at least some of that noise was from George’s camp.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 02:40:39 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
I think he'll go to the Lakers.  The Sixers need to make it to the finals to have a good shot of getting him. 

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 02:44:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I don't think P.George goes to LAL. The team is too bad. Unless someone like LeBron agrees to go with him. George needs some hand-holding. To be told and made to feel everything will be okay. He needs a star talent to do that. LAL doesn't have that.

Philly makes a lot of sense. I'd like to see that one happen.

Oklahoma looks as good as if not better than the other alternatives. Not a great market for P.George or LeBron. Two guys who clearly would be happy to be elsewhere. Just not shaping up to have many enticing situations in free agency this year. Poor whining babies.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Philly.

George isn't a shooting guard, though. Indiana tried to put him at the two in his second season when they still had Granger and it just didn't work. Now, obviously, PG has certainly developed since that time, but I'm just not sure that that would, well, work in Philadelphia. Why not just put him at the three and move Covington to the bench?

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Philly.

George isn't a shooting guard, though. Indiana tried to put him at the two in his second season when they still had Granger and it just didn't work. Now, obviously, PG has certainly developed since that time, but I'm just not sure that that would, well, work in Philadelphia. Why not just put him at the three and move Covington to the bench?

Covington spent a majority of his possessions this year defending guards.  So I guess he'd be the SG.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
If he wants the best chance to win and get paid then he should go to the 76ers.  Philly would allow him to utilize his strengths without being relied upon to shoulder too much of the load.

It really boils down to his priorities.  If he chooses the Lakers then I'm assuming that winning isn't very high on the list.  I don't envision an off-season where the Lakers could land enough pieces to contend with Houston or Golden State. 

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I would love to see OKC and NO work out a sign and trade for George and Cousins. I don't see it happening but adding Paul George to this NO team that ripped through Portland in round one would be cool. It would give Anthony Davis a real chance and contention, which would be great to see.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
I would love to see OKC and NO work out a sign and trade for George and Cousins. I don't see it happening but adding Paul George to this NO team that ripped through Portland in round one would be cool. It would give Anthony Davis a real chance and contention, which would be great to see.

NOLA would be an excellent fit for PG.  On the other side the combination of Cousins, Melo, and Westbrook would be endless drama.  I'm almost rooting for it to happen lol. 

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
NOLA would be an excellent fit for PG.  On the other side the combination of Cousins, Melo, and Westbrook would be endless drama.  I'm almost rooting for it to happen lol.
Can't see Cousins agreeing to a sign and trade that sends him to OKC.  Can't see OKC wanting an injured Cousins at all. 

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
Can't see Cousins agreeing to a sign and trade that sends him to OKC.  Can't see OKC wanting an injured Cousins at all.

You are right.  It's an absolute pipe dream.  Cousins was already damaged goods before the injury.  No smart franchise will offer him anything close to a max contract.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
Someone else mentioned that it would be cool to see him return to the Pacers.  They have the cap room to make it work.

As an NBA fan I would love to see George return to Indy and commit to "giving the game what it needs".  He can no longer be the best player on a deep playoff team.  A renewed commitment to defense and team basketball would do wonders for his career.  Unfortunately I'm not sure he has the self awareness to make something like this work. 

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Someone else mentioned that it would be cool to see him return to the Pacers.  They have the cap room to make it work.

As an NBA fan I would love to see George return to Indy and commit to "giving the game what it needs".  He can no longer be the best player on a deep playoff team.  A renewed commitment to defense and team basketball would do wonders for his career.  Unfortunately I'm not sure he has the self awareness to make something like this work. 

You're talking about George as if he were 35 years old.

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think he’s going home to LA. Too much noise around it not too happen, and at least some of that noise was from George’s camp.

yup......he made it clear he wanted to go HOME .

Id be shocked if he stay d at OKC .

Lastly ...i want him on the Lakers .  He has all the makings of another Melo as he ages ,  jplaying good enough to pick up the big contract .

Without Lebron , Lakers own't be better than 5-6 in the West with just George.