Author Topic: Bruins need offseason help  (Read 3732 times)

Bruins need offseason help
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:45:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its sad to see such a great season will pretty much mean nothing soon. We prob will win game 5 by a squeaker but thats about it. No chance when we go back to carolina. That place is insane and makes their players play on roids or something

Other than goaltending we need a little more help everywhere else. I really miss samsonov already because guys like that can stickhandle their way to get a goal for you when you desperately need it. We really don't have a guy like that on our team

We also need another good defenseman that can score

Goodbye montador, axe, recchi(did a good job) and i'd also like to get rid of bergeron, ference, snidy.

Signing krecji and kessel will be important with krecji first priority.

Re: Bruins need offseason help
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »

Offline pbak63

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Well, the Bruins are in a hole, but let's take 1 game at a time and see if we can turn things round.

The Canes haven't got 4 games yet !!!

I'll be watching tonight in England - 00:30 start but no work Monday so
I'll be shouting at the TV.

Pbak

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, the Bruins are in a hole, but let's take 1 game at a time and see if we can turn things round.

The Canes haven't got 4 games yet !!!

I'll be watching tonight in England - 00:30 start but no work Monday so
I'll be shouting at the TV.

Pbak

I agree.  It's not over yet.  As for the off-season, I don't think the Bruins need to make any major changes.  Having a healthy Sturm and Hunwick would have helped a little bit so far, and they should both be at full strength next season. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:31:08 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Goodbye montador, axe, recchi(did a good job) and i'd also like to get rid of bergeron, ference, snidy.

wait, you want to get rid of bergeron? why

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »

Offline noro

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
  • Welcome to the Loud House
Its sad to see such a great season will pretty much mean nothing soon. We prob will win game 5 by a squeaker but thats about it. No chance when we go back to carolina. That place is insane and makes their players play on roids or something

Other than goaltending we need a little more help everywhere else. I really miss samsonov already because guys like that can stickhandle their way to get a goal for you when you desperately need it. We really don't have a guy like that on our team

There aren't many guys that can stickhandle their way to the net and score on their own in the NHL. Samsonov is not one of those guys. You need a team with good passing players like Krejci and Savard to set up easy goals. The probability of a guy stickhandling through 3 guys and scoring on his own is very slim. While Samsonov can stickhandle tremendously, there is a reason he hasn't stuck with one team for the last 4 years or so, and that is his ability to put the puck in the net.

I also think we will resign PJ or he will retire.

Goodbye Manny, Hello Tuukka.

I think if we win tonight we have a 50/50 chance in Carolina, and if we win that we win the series.
2003 National Champions

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wow.. this has been a surprising series. Judging from game 1, you would think the Bruins would dominate.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
The Bruins need to win tonight.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »

Offline pbak63

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Well, I thought they played a great offensive game, and let the Canes know they were there for 60 minutes.

Now that Ward looks human in front of the net again, we can win on Tuesday in Carolina and get back to Boston for Game 7.

Go Bruins