Author Topic: Since the Laker's 139-107 blow out, Celtics have been elite, but how elite?...  (Read 4672 times)

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If Celts can beat the Bucks then the Celts will win a championship.

The Celts can beat any team in the west.

It's the Bucks that will be the problem.

Before we worry about that, I think the bigger issue is trying to get the 2nd seed.  If we have a much better chance at making the ECF if we can get to the #2.  I don't want Indiana or Philly in the 1st round.

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Today Sunday vs LA was impressive minus Walker on the road

After last season I thought Thies was done! These last few weeks I have been very impressed

Bench will bury this Team. It was evident today at the 5 and the Point

Would a buyout player help?

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

After last season I thought Thies was done! These last few weeks I have been very impressed

Would be tough to find anyone that can really fit into our system so quickly, and not be a liability on either ends.

Who were you thinking of, or have in mind?

And check it out,

StatMuse

@statmuse
Jayson Tatum, last 8 games:

30 PPG
8 RPG
50 FG%
47 3P%

We are only going as far as our big 4 takes us. Our bench are chock full of talent, and I see a lot of them having immense promise.

I always felt like the need for a dominant big man was such a false narrative. If both Williams reach their potential, and Theis/Kanter can stay healthy, our big man rotation would be set.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Keep in mind that Smart is technically part of our bench. He's started a lot of games because others have been injured. Same with Timelord, he should add some depth, especially since Kanter seems to be injured or out of sorts right now. So our bench is really the rookies and the guys who played in Europe (who are also rookies or second year players).

I'm not sure if a Lou Williams type player is available in the buyout market. The solution might be in front of us - Romeo was a scorer in high school and college, unfortunately with his injuries he never really got integrated into the team and it's only really been in the past month or so that he's been able to play with them. I'm hoping he could be our 1-2 punch with Marcus.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:21:30 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Before we worry about that, I think the bigger issue is trying to get the 2nd seed.  If we have a much better chance at making the ECF if we can get to the #2.  I don't want Indiana or Philly in the 1st round.

True.

I think sooner or later Toronto will start losing games.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

True.

Well, Raptors next game is against the Bucks. So one of them will have to lose, and it's much more favorable for Boston if the Raptors lose.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

True.

They have a stretch coming up where they mostly play playoff teams. Hope we outperform them through our own rough stretch so we can leapfrog them.

With how we are playing lately, including the Laker loss, I have faith we will pull through. This team doesnt seem to get rattled when the opposing team gets a bit of a momentum. A lot of times I thought the Lakers were gonna pull away, but the guys didnt panic and stuck with them. I think the only time I didnt see this was in the fourth against the Rockets when the Rockets start hitting their shots and the calls went in their favor.

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

True.

They have a stretch coming up where they mostly play playoff teams. Hope we outperform them through our own rough stretch so we can leapfrog them.

With how we are playing lately, including the Laker loss, I have faith we will pull through. This team doesnt seem to get rattled when the opposing team gets a bit of a momentum. A lot of times I thought the Lakers were gonna pull away, but the guys didnt panic and stuck with them. I think the only time I didnt see this was in the fourth against the Rockets when the Rockets start hitting their shots and the calls went in their favor.

Agree.

If it's Toronto vs. Boston in the playoffs, I think the Celts will win the series regardless of who has home court advantage.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

Kanter is banged up, and Smart was starting. Our bench isn't that bad.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

True.

Agree.

If it's Toronto vs. Boston in the playoffs, I think the Celts will win the series regardless of who has home court advantage.
TP for the positive attitude

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

I was surprised to learn that, per nba.com, the Celtics' bench has the 6th best net rating:

https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/?StarterBench=Bench&sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I was surprised to learn that, per nba.com, the Celtics' bench has the 6th best net rating:

https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/?StarterBench=Bench&sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

They do defend well. Also they mostly have a starter or two with them on the floor, so they mostly have been holding the fort while the starters get rest. Its when we get injured starters thatthe lack of bench scoring is noticeable, when we cannot effectively stagger ourstarters.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

They do defend well. Also they mostly have a starter or two with them on the floor, so they mostly have been holding the fort while the starters get rest. Its when we get injured starters thatthe lack of bench scoring is noticeable, when we cannot effectively stagger ourstarters.

Our bench has a lot of good hard nosed defenders and role players. Our 6th man is usually Smart or maybe Hayward/JT playing with the 2nd unit, so we can always slot Hayward/Jays or Kemba into any of the first or second units to give them some more offense. My only problem is we still need a player that can seriously drive inside and get fouls easily. JT/JB are on their way of elevating that part of their game.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different