Author Topic: Let The Rookies Play  (Read 3052 times)

Let The Rookies Play
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I think we need some fresh energy in our team. At least give it a try, you can't lose much. Both Giddens and Walker are energy guys and sometimes when TA's game looks like a 12-year-olds why not experiment.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: Let The Rookies Play
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd prefer to give Pruitt some minutes instead of the rookies.  If Giddens/Walker are playing better than TA in practice, then yeah.  But I kind of doubt that is happening.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

i agree, makaveli. The team seems kind of dead at times, especially on the second unit. I think occasionally they could use a spark that can only be provided by an unproven guy. I'd be curious to see what walker or giddens could offer. Last year, baby's enthusiam and hustle paid off well in some games, i think they could do the same.

pruitt seems really similar to eddie, as far as being a good shooter. I don't know if he'd be much of a change, but I guess he deserves a shot too, anything to shake up the regulars would be good i think.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think we need some practices.

I don't see the point of shaking things up when you are 8-2 with a relatively high strength of schedule.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Maybe its has already been posted but i heard on my car radio a few minutes ago that JR.Giddens has been sent to the developmental league(Utah Flash)today.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I don't see the point of shaking things up when you are 8-2 with a relatively high strength of schedule.
Of course we will have 55-60 wins playing like this but we need to have HOME COURT ADVANTAGE, who knows how will the series against Bron, DET or Lakers end up in a 7 game series.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

we do need home court, and i'm already worried about fatigue on the big 3. the whole bench has been hit or miss, they need to provide some real rest for the starters.
 it will help when the schedule gets a little easier too, they need some blowouts.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:34:37 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

Of course we will have 55-60 wins playing like this but we need to have HOME COURT ADVANTAGE, who knows how will the series against Bron, DET or Lakers end up in a 7 game series.
Another thing is if the Hawks keep on pace on the way they are playing right now they may be at the top heap in wins this season also.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 06:22:01 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The minutes for Garnett, Pierce and Allen remain my biggest worry. We cannot have many games like last night when the bench was incredibily inept, and in fact lost the ballgame.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Another thing is if the Hawks keep on pace on the way they are playing right now they may be at the top heap in wins this season also.

Atlanta looks like theyve been knocked off their high horse after losing to us.  Theyve dropped 3 in a row now.
Greg

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
actually, i hope danny finds a couple veterans for this team down the stretch.  i don't want to see the pups play.

this team is too good to experiment with the kids as there is too much at stake (ie. another championship).
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
actually, i hope danny finds a couple veterans for this team down the stretch.  i don't want to see the pups play.

this team is too good to experiment with the kids as there is too much at stake (ie. another championship).
Ditto. Been saying the same thing since summertime.

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 06:21:14 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Ditto. Been saying the same thing since summertime.

+1. An Internet fascination with new toys doesn't win championships.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I have no idea how this is a response to my post, unless you are just responding to the Lakers (and only the Lakers) having a better record than us. The Lakers have had a lesser strength of schedule and did not have 8 games in 12 days.

Putting in the rookies is the opposite of trying to get home court advantage.

I will repeat my point. The problem isn't who isn't playing. the problem is the same as what we experienced at times last year. Sometimes we have problems fitting in practices due to our schedule, and our play gets very sloppy.

I don't see experimenting with rookies making the team sharper. I can see playing Pruitt or Cassell, or even Scal, since they know the system from last year.