Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347569 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1620 on: March 22, 2015, 02:35:48 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Nets vs Pacers what what are we hoping for an Indiana loss? Nets might be able to creep back into the race though

More worried about Pacers challenging us than Brooklyn, especially with George coming back.
Nets are out of the race IMO, so it would be great if they win.
As for George's return I am not sure how much it will help Indiana at least at the beginning.
Usually players do not perform well after returning from an injury + in the case of PG Vogel will have to rework a lot of his plans. Hopefully, it will disrupt more than help them.

Yeah, he'll definitely help them at least some, but you're right that in the amount of time left it will be minimal due to him getting back up to speed, building chemistry, etc.

« Reply #1621 on: March 22, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Lakers vs. Philly tonight.  The result of this game could potentially have huge implications on this years draft for both teams.  Who wants that loss more? 

« Reply #1622 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So Charlottes ahead of us for the 8th seed right? Playoff hopes slipping away with losses like tonight. We miss IT badly. 
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1623 on: March 22, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Celts green must make you look bigger because RR looks so skinny to me in Dallas.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1624 on: March 22, 2015, 10:45:36 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Celts green must make you look bigger because RR looks so skinny to me in Dallas.

Maybe that's the problem with Sully  ;D

« Reply #1625 on: March 22, 2015, 11:53:58 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Lakers vs. Philly tonight.  The result of this game could potentially have huge implications on this years draft for both teams.  Who wants that loss more?

Neck and neck for 3 quarters then Philly put down the hard tank in the 4th.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1626 on: March 23, 2015, 01:31:12 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Great! Lakers need wins to lose their pick!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1627 on: March 23, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Thing is, if Lakers fall out of top 5 it won't be beyond 6 or 7, in which case Philly is looking at two top picks to add to their pile of prospects. I'm not sure which scenario is worse.

« Reply #1628 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Thing is, if Lakers fall out of top 5 it won't be beyond 6 or 7, in which case Philly is looking at two top picks to add to their pile of prospects. I'm not sure which scenario is worse.

Give it to LA since Philly is in our division. 

« Reply #1629 on: March 23, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
In the next four days, the following matches happen:

Bos vs Nets
Hornets v Bulls
Rockets v Pacers

Heat v Bucks

Nets v Hornets
Pacers v Wizards
Heat v Celtics

Pacers v Bucks

So crazy. All of Milwaukee (34-36), Miami (32-37), Charlotte (30-38), us (30-39), Indy (30-39) and Brooklyn (29-39) are within 2 1/2 games of each other and playing each other multiple times this week.  We'll basically know if the rest of our team is going to be "injured" for the rest of the season by Friday.  It's kind of hard to win though when our three best players (Sully, IT and Smart) aren't playing..

« Reply #1630 on: March 24, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
James Harden is playing out of his mind.   Runaway MVP?
Also, what's that celebration thing he does after hitting a 3?  kinda looks like he's torching a bowl, as in 'red' hot LOL.

« Reply #1631 on: March 24, 2015, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Give it to LA since Philly is in our division.

Yea I have said this in other threads, but if you are seriously rooting for the Lakers to give the 6th or 7th pick to the 76ers you are not rooting for the Celtics best interests. We play Philly 4 times a year, they are in our division and we would be playing them every year in the playoffs potentially a few years down the line when all of our younger players are in their primes. The only way the Lakers impact us is two games a year and if we happen to make the finals. If we make the finals I would worry about their team then. When you take that all into account, it is pretty much a no brainer that we don't want Philly getting an extra huge asset.

Finally, the fact this pick gets delayed could have further indirect benefits down the line. If the 76er's keep sucking, maybe Massachusetts man Nerlens Noel decides he wants to head home as his rookie deal ends.

« Reply #1632 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't think anybody will runaway with it.  Harden, Curry, Westbrook, and even Lebron all have really strong cases. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1633 on: March 24, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yea I have said this in other threads, but if you are seriously rooting for the Lakers to give the 6th or 7th pick to the 76ers you are not rooting for the Celtics best interests. We play Philly 4 times a year, they are in our division and we would be playing them every year in the playoffs potentially a few years down the line when all of our younger players are in their primes. The only way the Lakers impact us is two games a year and if we happen to make the finals. If we make the finals I would worry about their team then. When you take that all into account, it is pretty much a no brainer that we don't want Philly getting an extra huge asset.

I am not worried about Philadelphia getting in the Celtics way in the least. Give the Sixers a half dozen top 10 picks and I bet they still screw it up, it's kind of what they do. Besides, I trust Ainge to build this team back to being competitive far more than Hinkle, who has proven absolutely nothing as a GM, other than that he is good at tanking.

On top of that, I am not worried about the Sixers winning any titles. If they do, good for them. Long way to go to catch the Celtics though. Which is the exact reason I would rather see Philadelphia get the Lakers pick, I don't want to see the Lakers acquire any assets that would help build a new title contender in LA. I am much more worried about the Lakers passing the Celtics in number of titles.

That would be a sad day, and a day I hope I never see.

« Reply #1634 on: March 24, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I don't think anybody will runaway with it.  Harden, Curry, Westbrook, and even Lebron all have really strong cases. 

Harden won't run away with the MVP, but he is the front-runner at this point, I have to believe. Besides the numbers he is putting up, the fact that Houston keeps winning despite all of their injuries has to help him tremendously in the eyes of most voters.