Author Topic: (Update: It Wasn't Paved) Celtics May Be "Paving Way" For Christian Wood S&T  (Read 10645 times)

Re: Celtics May Be "Paving Way" For Christian Wood S&T
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2020, 04:52:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Christian Wood? Who’s that?  Any good?
He was a decent 13/6 guy last year, but once Andre Drummond left he averaged 23PPG and 10RPG with elite floor-spacing. Reminds me of John Collins

Then we should just go get Collins. Atlanta has added Capella and Kong in the past 6 months and are linked to Gallo...seems like Collins has fallen out of favor and is not getting the max from Atlanta

Has anyone seen any solid reporting that Collins is not "in favor" with ATL? That he's actually on the block? I'd bet they're more likely to trade Capela than Collins.
Pretty sure there was a fair deal of reporting of his availability at the trade deadline, but not much since
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
He was a decent 13/6 guy last year, but once Andre Drummond left he averaged 23PPG and 10RPG with elite floor-spacing. Reminds me of John Collins

Part of a year on a losing team. He just put up empty numbers. Someone will overpay him but I hope it’s not the Celtics.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
His game offensively is made for steven's vision, but still not alot of rim protection.  Another Big talented body.  More than we have now.  I can see him hitting allot of trailing threes from the top of the key in boston while the other 4 drive into the lane to collapse the D. 

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 05:30:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Watching Wood towards the end of last year, he reminded me a bunch of Rashard Lewis. Wood would be good at PF in a two big lineup

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
Wood
Theis

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Part of a year on a losing team. He just put up empty numbers. Someone will overpay him but I hope it’s not the Celtics.
I don't know if it's empty numbers - he put up pretty good numbers in New Orleans last year when he was given the chance. But I view him as a power forward.

Nick's comparison of Rashard Lewis is bang on the money

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2020, 05:40:40 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I don't know if it's empty numbers - he put up pretty good numbers in New Orleans last year when he was given the chance. But I view him as a power forward.

Seems like kinda' a Hassan Whiteside career trajectory, but his play style is like a JV Anthony Davis.

I remember looking at him in the draft and thinking he was a first round talent. Why did he go undrafted? Why has he tantalized with skills in multiple places around the league but not been able to stay anywhere? Why were there rumors that Detroit was fielding offers for him at the trade deadline?

Don't these things hint at some personality issues? I don't know him. But if I was an HR rep looking to hire someone, that work history would make me ask questions.

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Seems like kinda' a Hassan Whiteside career trajectory, but his play style is like a JV Anthony Davis.

I remember looking at him in the draft and thinking he was a first round talent. Why did he go undrafted? Why has he tantalized with skills in multiple places around the league but not been able to stay anywhere? Why were there rumors that Detroit was fielding offers for him at the trade deadline?

Don't these things hint at some personality issues? I don't know him. But if I was an HR rep looking to hire someone, that work history would make me ask questions.
It's certainly weird. Like, he has the ideal makeup of a modern NBA 4/5 combo big. Athletic, can shoot and dribble, shows some alright defensive ability. Yet he can't stick anywhere...

I know he had questions over his personality when he first got started, but according to some has grown up. To what extent?

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2020, 05:47:56 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

It's certainly weird. Like, he has the ideal makeup of a modern NBA 4/5 combo big. Athletic, can shoot and dribble, shows some alright defensive ability. Yet he can't stick anywhere...

I know he had questions over his personality when he first got started, but according to some has grown up. To what extent?

Apparently he was showing frustrations about not winning more in Det. If thats the issue, I'll take it. Need more of that.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 06:12:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Chauncey Billions got traded around a ton before coming into his own in Detroit, the 5th team he was on in 6 years

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Detroit signing center after center after center.

Perhaps they know Wood is leaving?
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 07:11:25 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Can we afford Wood irregardless of whether we end up with Turner or Hayward?

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 07:12:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Someone is going to overpay wood....

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 07:16:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Someone is going to overpay wood....

Not us.  We have enough centers, especially if we get Baynes. And/or Turner. 

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 07:17:18 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Adding wood or turner would make me very happy
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Then we should just go get Collins. Atlanta has added Capella and Kong in the past 6 months and are linked to Gallo...seems like Collins has fallen out of favor and is not getting the max from Atlanta

Has anyone seen any solid reporting that Collins is not "in favor" with ATL? That he's actually on the block? I'd bet they're more likely to trade Capela than Collins.
Pretty sure there was a fair deal of reporting of his availability at the trade deadline, but not much since

Collins wants big $$ which is why they probably drafted Okongwu.  My guess is they will move Collins before the trade deadline.  They're about to make  a big offer to Boggy.