Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484598 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #705 on: February 17, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Great trade for Atlanta. They already had the 5th pick and now the 9th and 16th while simultaneously getting rid of Smith.

First 16 picks are going to have the most transcendental stars as well as the biggest bargains for talent in the draft.

Rondo made the right move and got the best out of this trade. Question for ronaldo, what is so special about Josh Smith to give up those first rounders? Are you really better off now that Bynum and your first rounder are gone or with Smith and no first rounders?

I'm leaning towards rather having Bynum because I just don't see Philly as being a contending team and think building towards next year would be better, but maybe not. What's everyone else think?

Was Philly better off Bynum/Holiday/original picks or Smith/Holiday/3 2nd rounders? I guess an argument can be made for both.

I think Ronaldo did pretty well on the Bynum deal.  Bynum has great skills, but he's had major injuries in 5 out of 6 seasons, including missing every game this year.  How can any team realistically rely upon him for anything?  Plus, he's a punk.

In the Smith deal, I don't know because I haven't mapped out the non-keepers left over.  It all depends upon what's left over at #9.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #706 on: February 17, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Great trade for Atlanta. They already had the 5th pick and now the 9th and 16th while simultaneously getting rid of Smith.

First 16 picks are going to have the most transcendental stars as well as the biggest bargains for talent in the draft.

Rondo made the right move and got the best out of this trade. Question for ronaldo, what is so special about Josh Smith to give up those first rounders? Are you really better off now that Bynum and your first rounder are gone or with Smith and no first rounders?

I'm leaning towards rather having Bynum because I just don't see Philly as being a contending team and think building towards next year would be better, but maybe not. What's everyone else think?

Was Philly better off Bynum/Holiday/original picks or Smith/Holiday/3 2nd rounders? I guess an argument can be made for both.

I think Ronaldo did pretty well on the Bynum deal.  Bynum has great skills, but he's had major injuries in 5 out of 6 seasons, including missing every game this year.  How can any team realistically rely upon him for anything?  Plus, he's a punk.

In the Smith deal, I don't know because I haven't mapped out the non-keepers left over.  It all depends upon what's left over at #9.

it will all depend on who he drafts with 1.9, 1.16 and who i draft with 2.5 and 4.5

« Reply #707 on: February 17, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

it will all depend on who he drafts with 1.9, 1.16 and who i draft with 2.5 and 4.5

Yes and no.  If Rondo screws the pooch and drafts Greg Oden and Jason Collins in the first round, it doesn't mean it was a good trade for you. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #708 on: February 17, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Maybe it's just cuz this is the first time I've drafted in the second half of the Pick 2 draft, but anyone else feel like there's less good players available?
Yeah, I picked late in draft (last five picks) last year and was surprised how little talent was available by that late stage of the round. 2nd round too.

Very few difference makers available.

« Reply #709 on: February 17, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Thanks guys, I think I should be able to build a pretty good team with horfod and 3 firsts
I didn't even cop on to the fact you still had your own first round pick. Horford and three firsts. Wow, that is fantastic.

The fifth pick in the first round too. And the 9th. Two high first rounders. You can bring in two very strong players there. 16th should be a very good place to pick too. Mid first rounder. Strong picks.

Very much looking forward to seeing how this Atlanta team looks by end of Monday.

« Reply #710 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:44 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Always protect your 1st round picks like they are gold!

« Reply #711 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Thanks guys, I think I should be able to build a pretty good team with horfod and 3 firsts
I didn't even cop on to the fact you still had your own first round pick. Horford and three firsts. Wow, that is fantastic.

The fifth pick in the first round too. And the 9th. Two high first rounders. You can bring in two very strong players there. 16th should be a very good place to pick too. Mid first rounder. Strong picks.

Very much looking forward to seeing how this Atlanta team looks by end of Monday.

Too much pressure!  I'm sure I will disappoint you haha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #712 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Oh well people cant keep their word will have to re-evaluate my team and start from scratch

« Reply #713 on: February 17, 2013, 12:23:17 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Oh well people cant keep their word will have to re-evaluate my team and start from scratch

Dramaaaa
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #714 on: February 17, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Dramaaaa

« Reply #715 on: February 17, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
What type of team do you build around Jrue and Smith?

« Reply #716 on: February 17, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Like I said in PM, I think you look for a big who is quazi capabale offensively (a Perkins wouldn't work) and then fill your wings with shooters (preferably athletic ones)

« Reply #717 on: February 17, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Like I said in PM, I think you look for a big who is quazi capabale offensively (a Perkins wouldn't work) and then fill your wings with shooters (preferably athletic ones)
Unfortunately, that's about all that MIGHT be left by the time you draft ronaldo, Perk like bigs and one dimensional role players.

Remember something about the Pick 2 draft that is different from the CB Draft, round 2 in the Pick 2 is really round 4 in the CB Draft. By round 4 of the CB Draft, you're looking for role playing starters not difference makers.

« Reply #718 on: February 17, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Going to chat if anyone wants to talk trade

« Reply #719 on: February 17, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I wonder about sliding Josh Smith back to SF and putting in a Bargnani type player at PF.

If scorers aren't available, that could be a good way to boost your offense.