Author Topic: Ben McLemore available  (Read 620 times)

Ben McLemore available
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:16 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd like to see the Cs pursue him. Per this article, they want immediate help (not picks). If be very tempted to trade Sully for him -- particularly if they relocate Koufos to CLE.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4297/trade-chatter-is-kevin-love-untouchable
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Ben McLemore available
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:00:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Would you trade Turner for him?   I probably would take the gamble.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If its Sully for Mclemore that trade hurts us today and doesnt necessarily help us tomorrow.

I mean arguably our two biggest wins this year are the Clips and Cavs wins of the past few weeks and Sully played terrifically in both games. Sully is a gamer and our best rebounder.

Now if you make the trade and all of a sudden Ben is in a good system with a good coach and he develops into the bordelrline star he looked like he could be when he was drafted then you look like a genius, but if you make the trade and he ends up just being an impetus for Young Rozier and Hunter and then we lose a playoff series because we get bullied on the glass this year then you look like an idiot.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Would you trade Turner for him?   I probably would take the gamble.
man thats tough. Turner has been really valuable for us lately.

I really believe Boston has turned the corner to win-now without sacrificing the future.

I think the goal for this team to try to attack the 3 seed and a trip to the ECF. Unless Danny can get a stud prospect ala Jabari Parker or Noel he isnt hurting this team to pick up a lotto ticket at a position we have depth at.

Again I like Ben, but I dont want to hurt the current Cs just to get a guy who at this point in his career projects to be something resembling a lesser AB.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 05:07:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If its Sully for Mclemore that trade hurts us today and doesnt necessarily help us tomorrow.

THink of it in context with the roster and additional moves.   McLemore shoots 45% (37% from three).  I think he'd be a beautiful fit.  We could use his shooting.   Losing SUlly would mean additional minutes for Olynyk and probably Mickey (who could still surprise).   ALso, there's a chance we pull off another trade for a big like Horford... so you might have Horford and Amir getting the bulk of minutes at the big... do you really need Sully as well?   

Also, McLemore has another year on his rookie deal, right?   We'd have to spend a lot of money to keep Sully this Summer. 

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Short of a major deal, I think Ainge cares little about The Now. He knows we're not a champ team. And Ainge is all about value -- McLemore was a top pick, now toiling in a poor franchise changing coaches too often.

If he'd prefer to develop and pay McL his next contract over Sully, then I think he'd pursue it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:21:59 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)