Author Topic: Celtics sign Gerald green  (Read 15601 times)

Re: Celtics sign Gerald green
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Green was the lowest basketball IQ I've ever seen in a Celtics uniform. Hopefully he's figured out the game a little bit by now.
instead of just wondering out loud you can check his stats here and find out how he did since reentering the nba.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenge01.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2016, 02:04:27 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Ah, now I know the excitement that the Weasley brothers felt when Harry got sorted into Gryffindor.

Mike

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Salary
Steve Bulpett: Per sources, Gerald Green to get 1 yr deal at vet minimum (little more than $1.4 million); Zeller 2 yrs at $8 mil per, only 1st guaranteed.

Crazy that Green isn't offered more than the minimum :o

I have to imagine he was. Not that there were any mega-deals out there for him or anything. This seems more like Green begging to be a part of the Cs because he really liked it here before. Danny probably looked around for better options and was finally like, "fine, dude, you can play for us, but only at the minimum." I think Green just wanted to find a comfortable position.
The last part seems to be spot on ;D:
Mike Petraglia: Gerald Green appears to be "fall-back" signing at this point according to a league source.

Maybe Gerald thinks that he can get the Evan Turner bump.

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Kind of ironic that Gerald Green's career is lasting longer than Danny Granger, who was the pick right before him (and was adarn good pro for many years). What happened to him?

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Fireworks

Puff ...fizzle.

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2016, 02:12:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kind of ironic that Gerald Green's career is lasting longer than Danny Granger, who was the pick right before him (and was adarn good pro for many years). What happened to him?

Degenerative knee issues.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This guy has sucked eggs for two straight seasons. Frankly, he's essentially only had one good year in his career. He's been a huge negative for most of his career. Not a fan but at least it'll only be for a year.

You are TOTALLY wrong!!  He PER in 2014-2015 was 15.5 and it was 16.2 in 2013-2014.  Both hare above the average PER for NBA players!!

Smitty77

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I really dig the signing. It shores up our SF and gives us some much needed shooting/offense. Green is not an all-star, but jeez, what do u expect? He's playing for the minimum! 
- LilRip

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2016, 02:56:52 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Gerald Green is a pretty good shooter. That's why he's here.

He'll probably just play some spot minutes here and there for shooting. Not good news for RJ and James Young. I wonder how that effects Brown's role this year.

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2016, 03:01:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
love it. Athletic guy whos a career 36% shooter who can play the 3. Ideally he ends up a back of the bench guy, but if Brown is really not ready, hes capable to come in and give you 20 minutes at the wing.

He was my first favorite player. As a really young kid, I always loosely followed the Cs. I have vague memories of Antoine Walker and of pre Big3 Paul Pierce, but the first season I really watched was 2006-2007 and I fell in love with Gerald Green's dunks and 3 pointers. When I heard we traded for Garnett the first question I asked myself was "did we get to keep Gerald Green?"

Now years later I know much more about basketball. I know now that my favorite player had no idea what was going on on the court, and was a pretty big negative to the team despite his freakish athleticism. However, Ill always remember Green and Im excited to see him back with the Cs.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2016, 03:02:20 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think Brown is going to prove his value over Green on defense (and Stevens values that) and get his minutes.  Green probably won't play a ton.  He wasn't so hot last year.  I think he could be better here but still.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2016, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

He'll probably just play some spot minutes here and there for shooting. Not good news for RJ and James Young. I wonder how that effects Brown's role this year.
Actually I think he's in the rotation and getting consistent minutes every game at least to start.  They probably hope Brown can take his minutes 2nd half of the season but right now he's taking Turner's spot.

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
It is amazing to me that Gerald Green is 30 years old and that he's been gone for almost 10 years.  Man does time fly.

Yeah, I feel the same way!

Let's finish our pre-KG era Celtic reclamation projects by signing Greg Oden and calling it an offseason  :D

Too Bad we couldn't have signed Al Jefferson and Ryan Gomes!

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2016, 03:04:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

A major upgrade over James Young and probably RJ. Perhaps we can trade Young for a rack of practice balls.

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2016, 03:06:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
we are athletic as hell this year...all of a sudden we have depth at the wing position.
Rozier Green and Brown all would have been the most explosive guys in the rotation last year(Bradley would be right there with them). Not to mention Horford is more athletic than Sullinger.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.