Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 394039 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #1020 on: December 07, 2019, 09:37:28 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
So the Bucks are on a 14 game win streak huh? Yeah, I'm not buying that this season. I don't care how good they look in the regular season. Unless Giannis shows that he can't be game planned against I think the C's can beat them. People are still sleeping on this C's team, and I like it.  :D
The Bucks were the best team in the league last year as well.  Not sure why you wouldn't buy them as the best team in the league.  And this game planning against Giannis just isn't reality.  Yes, Kawhi did an excellent job on him, but the Bucks lost that series because their other guys stopped hitting shots which they had been hitting all season long.

They remind me of those LeBron led Cavs teams a decade ago. No I wouldn’t trust their role players to step up when Giannis starts getting surrounded in the paint.

They have less talent this year than last. Losing brogdon...on a whole I would say Kemba/Brown/Hayward/Tatum > Giannis/Middleton

« Reply #1021 on: December 07, 2019, 04:31:12 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Starting to believe Luka could be the G.O.A.T. at this rate. Dallas have the best offense in the NBA.

« Reply #1022 on: December 07, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
So the Bucks are on a 14 game win streak huh? Yeah, I'm not buying that this season. I don't care how good they look in the regular season. Unless Giannis shows that he can't be game planned against I think the C's can beat them. People are still sleeping on this C's team, and I like it.  :D
The Bucks were the best team in the league last year as well.  Not sure why you wouldn't buy them as the best team in the league.  And this game planning against Giannis just isn't reality.  Yes, Kawhi did an excellent job on him, but the Bucks lost that series because their other guys stopped hitting shots which they had been hitting all season long.

They remind me of those LeBron led Cavs teams a decade ago. No I wouldn’t trust their role players to step up when Giannis starts getting surrounded in the paint.

They have less talent this year than last. Losing brogdon...on a whole I would say Kemba/Brown/Hayward/Tatum > Giannis/Middleton

Brogdon was a Celtic killer when he was with the Bucks.

Always played well against the Celts.

I'm glad he left Milwaukee.

« Reply #1023 on: December 07, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Starting to believe Luka could be the G.O.A.T. at this rate. Dallas have the best offense in the NBA.

He makes everyone better. Everyone has to have eyes in the back of their head with his passing, like playing with Bird or Magic. Just an unreal talent.

Their roster isn't even that good. I shudder to think what he'll do when he was a legit running mate.

« Reply #1024 on: December 07, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Did Cleveland become a D-League team? What the Sixers are doing to them, without Embiid, is inhumane.

« Reply #1025 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He makes everyone better. Everyone has to have eyes in the back of their head with his passing, like playing with Bird or Magic. Just an unreal talent.

Their roster isn't even that good. I shudder to think what he'll do when he was a legit running mate.

I definitely think Porzingis is going to be a great 2nd banana next to him when he rounds into form. He's shown some flashes but he may not be back to 100% until next season - think Gordon last year.

What's scary about Dallas is that they can go out and get another high level player. They have financial flexibility with Luka still on his rookie deal and a few large expiring deals that they can be a factor in the trade market.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1026 on: December 07, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I definitely think Porzingis is going to be a great 2nd banana next to him when he rounds into form. He's shown some flashes but he may not be back to 100% until next season - think Gordon last year.

What's scary about Dallas is that they can go out and get another high level player. They have financial flexibility with Luka still on his rookie deal and a few large expiring deals that they can be a factor in the trade market.
Lee is the only large expiring contract.  Hardaway has a 19M player option. 

« Reply #1027 on: December 08, 2019, 12:29:15 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Due to Milwaukee's brutalization of the Clippers, Celtics are now 4th in net rating. Behind the Bucks who are outscoring opponents by margins similar to the 2014-15 Warriors, the Lakers and the Mavericks.
And we're now 6th in SRS with a darkhorse contender rating of 6.38. 5 is the general threshold for teams to be a contender (but that's reserved for teams like the LeBron Cavs who slug through the regular season), so we're in pretty good shape if we maintain this rating throughout the season. If we manage to get past the 7 (or even 8 ) SRS mark after the return of Hayward we'll very likely present a challenge to the Bucks (who're smashing it in SRS, they're over 10).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1028 on: December 08, 2019, 11:58:28 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
KAT is massively underutilised in the Timberwolves offence. The Wolves should be doubling down on a KAT centric offence, yet they are having him stand idly while legends like Jeff Teague, Josh Okogie and Andrew Wiggins isolate to create abysmal offence for their team. This reeks of a Garnett situation all over again, hopefully we can be the ones to benefit from it once more ;D
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1029 on: December 09, 2019, 12:41:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Which is fine for them, as there aren’t likely any difference makers in free agency next year, unless AD surprisingly decided to leave the Lakers.  It’s the max slot in two years that could set them up as a multi-year championship favorite. 

« Reply #1030 on: December 09, 2019, 03:59:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Which is fine for them, as there aren’t likely any difference makers in free agency next year, unless AD surprisingly decided to leave the Lakers.  It’s the max slot in two years that could set them up as a multi-year championship favorite. 
If they get a real 2-way wing that can defend as well, then they will be a contender.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1031 on: December 09, 2019, 08:42:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think Dallas should be making any big win now moves, I'm skeptical their bench play will hold up such that they're remain a fringe contender this year.

Luka's future is so bright, make sure you are building around him properly. Don't do what Cleveland did with LBJ and try to short circuit the process.

« Reply #1032 on: December 09, 2019, 08:49:02 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I don't think Dallas should be making any big win now moves, I'm skeptical their bench play will hold up such that they're remain a fringe contender this year.

Luka's future is so bright, make sure you are building around him properly. Don't do what Cleveland did with LBJ and try to short circuit the process.
Exactly, or as Nola "build" around AD
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1033 on: December 09, 2019, 09:01:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Exactly, or as Nola "build" around AD
TP for another great example.

Luka like AD/Bron has shown he's going to be an all-NBA level player for the foreseeable future at the very least. An offensive focal point you can truly build around.

« Reply #1034 on: December 09, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
With every Laker win the media frenzy increases

At this rate we'll be hearing tsunami alerts on BOTH coasts very soon.

A 200 foot tall Purple and Gold wave will threaten not only the US but the WORLD..............