Author Topic: All-time greatest team (outside USA)  (Read 9835 times)

Re: All-time greatest team (outside USA)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Good list, but as always, it's not easy to cut it down, and of course, age bias makes me throw some objections  ;)

I miss a lot of great players from the 80s, IMO the biggest miss is Volkov. After him, you could name any of the Soviet Union guards (Kurtinaitis, Homicius, Iovaisha, Valters...), guys like Corbalan, Epi or Fernando Martin from Spain, Riva or Gentile from Italy, and Iannakis from Greece.

As good as Yamschi was, Miki Berkovitz was incredible, and the best player from those legendary Maccabi teams. I'd put Mirza Delibašić over any guard not named Drazen Petrovic, but that must be nostalgia. Mirza was the most incredible playmaker I've seen, and whenever I watch a Maravich video, I can't help but think about him.

About younger players, I'd put both Gasols over Radja, but that's me and my Spanish bias. Tony Parker should start over Gallis (not over Delibašić, though). Nowitzki is the best forward, and I'd say Kukoc should get the spot over Oscar Schmidt Becerra, but Kukoc as a sixth man is ok.
Manu should make the roster, too, but the guys who made it were also great.

Nice thread. TP.

Re: All-time greatest team (outside USA)
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 05:16:20 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
there is a similar poll by l`equipe

http://www.lequipemagazine.fr/jeux/classement/jeu/faites-votre-top-5-des-meilleurs-basketteurs-europeens-de-l-histoire/459/

kirilenko , volkov and danilovic shouldn`t be in the list !