Author Topic: Olympic Basketball  (Read 51230 times)

Olympic Basketball
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Was browsing the forums and didnt see any other threads for this, but if there are I apologize and merge away.

Seeing as the olympics is coming up and there isnt much other ball being played thought it would be a good idea for people to post their thought or opinions on the Olympic game here.

Today was a televised USA vs Domincan Republic game. Think it ended up being something like 114 59 to the USA. team seemed to play pretty well and KD was an assasin from beyond the arc. D will got a heap of playing time and it was pretty awesome seeing Davis get his first run with the big boys. towards the end of the last quarter he got some time and even completed a 4 point play then started jawing his old coach lol.

Cant wait to see USA vs Spain in the Olympics, always a great game there. Aussies best chance at a medal is Patty Mills :(

Re: Olympic Basketball
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I do wish I could see Rondo out there dishing dimes. If Doc ever coaches the team, you better believe Rondo and maybe Avery Bradley will be playing. Pretty entertaining watching this team though. Iguodala fits in perfectly.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 04:43:49 AM »

Offline Lopez3

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
support

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:09:10 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Iggy has definatly improved his perimeter game over the past couple of seasons. I still laugh when i hear him speak though. Westbrook still sh*ts me to tears. I actually cant stand him as a player he just bugs the hell out of me

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:34:39 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Brazil dominating....

for those who want Varejao... he seems pretty much as healthy as he can be
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think this should now put to rest the 1992 vs 2012 debate (if it hasn't already) considering how Brazil's size is bothering this team so far, imagine the 1992 squad.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think this should now put to rest the 1992 vs 2012 debate (if it hasn't already) considering how Brazil's size is bothering this team so far, imagine the 1992 squad.

Was just thinking the same thing - you beat me to it.

They'd better be concerned with Spain, too. Pau/Marc/Serge/Calderon will be a hard out, too.

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

They'd better be concerned with Spain, too. Pau/Marc/Serge/Calderon will be a hard out, too.
I can't stand a number of the players on the USA team.  I actually feel myself starting to root for another country to knock them off and humiliate them.  Kobe and Bron in particular.

makes me sick to my stomach that the USA would have players that would make me even think about rooting for another country.   >:(

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't like Westbrook being on Team USA. Too much over-dribbling.

A low-usage PG like an old Jason Kidd would be much more effective for the team.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I haven't been watching....just got home.  Pretty low scoring game.   I will watch the rest and read back through the comments.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I can't stand a number of the players on the USA team.  I actually feel myself starting to root for another country to knock them off and humiliate them.  Kobe and Bron in particular.

makes me sick to my stomach that the USA would have players that would make me even think about rooting for another country.   >:(

I'd certainly not want our US team embarrassed, but just a bit of humble pie would be served well - especially after Kobe's comments about the Dream Team.

IMO, those comments are ones you make around the dinner table or pool table with his teammates - not for public consumption.

I think Spain has a decent shot at beating Team USA due to their size, but will probably succumb in the end due to lack of guard play.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Man if CLE somehow amnestied Varejao....I'd LOVE for Danny Ainge to snatch him up somehow.

I know it's unlikely, though.

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 09:47:48 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

You've got a problem, too much hate in your blood. Some times you have to put the hate aside and appreciate just how amazing these guys are as players. I'm not in love with this team, but I absolutely would love to see them dominate.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 09:50:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Rondo should be on this team.

No question.

I love Westbrook's game, but Rondo should be out there in his stead.

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 09:50:35 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Man if CLE somehow amnestied Varejao....I'd LOVE for Danny Ainge to snatch him up somehow.

I know it's unlikely, though.
I've wanted him on the Celtics so bad for a while. His pesky attitude and rebounding which we sorely lack would make us beast.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk