Author Topic: Teixiera Rumor???  (Read 2991 times)

Teixiera Rumor???
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
December 16, 2008  02:05 PM ETReport Abuse | QUOTE I live in Severna Park and know him and his family from baseball and one of our mutual friends talked to his family and they said its basically done. He was supposed to go to the Ravens game Sunday but decided not to because he wanted to wait until any deal would go through. His father's words were, "He's coming home and he is ecstatic."
December 16, 2008  01:47 PM ETReport Abuse | QUOTE The deal is basically done with some small details being hammered out over the next day or so. The warehouse at Camden Yards is on lock down to prevent any leaks. They are being very careful but Tex gets his physical within the next 2 days and look for a Friday announcment.

Its always been between the Yankees and the Sox on this board but I kept saying it was a case of the Orioles getting close enough to the money everyone was throwing at him.
This is reported on a CNNSI forum http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hot_stove/posts/32806?eref=fromSI by someone who refers to themself as Kingfisher from Annapolis, MD.

I can't vouch for the accuracy but I thought I would post it to see if anyone could either expose it as a hoax or corroborate it.

I have got to say that I think the price is getting a little high for Tex so this may not be a bad thing.  Tex averages (over last 6 years) 5 more home runs and 17 more RBI than Jason Bay (over last 5 years) plus 0.008 better batting average, and most of those numbers were put up in Texas where everyone seems to hit.

Re: Teixiera Rumor???
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Well, if he's not coming to the Sox, I'd be happy to see him in Baltimore. 
Yup

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 04:51:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
December 16, 2008  02:05 PM ETReport Abuse | QUOTE I live in Severna Park and know him and his family from baseball and one of our mutual friends talked to his family and they said its basically done. He was supposed to go to the Ravens game Sunday but decided not to because he wanted to wait until any deal would go through. His father's words were, "He's coming home and he is ecstatic."
December 16, 2008  01:47 PM ETReport Abuse | QUOTE The deal is basically done with some small details being hammered out over the next day or so. The warehouse at Camden Yards is on lock down to prevent any leaks. They are being very careful but Tex gets his physical within the next 2 days and look for a Friday announcment.

Its always been between the Yankees and the Sox on this board but I kept saying it was a case of the Orioles getting close enough to the money everyone was throwing at him.
This is reported on a CNNSI forum http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hot_stove/posts/32806?eref=fromSI by someone who refers to themself as Kingfisher from Annapolis, MD.

I can't vouch for the accuracy but I thought I would post it to see if anyone could either expose it as a hoax or corroborate it.

I have got to say that I think the price is getting a little high for Tex so this may not be a bad thing.  Tex averages (over last 6 years) 5 more home runs and 17 more RBI than Jason Bay (over last 5 years) plus 0.008 better batting average, and most of those numbers were put up in Texas where everyone seems to hit.

I would believe this if Scott Boras wasn't involved.  Boras does not believe in negotiations with a team without leaks.  This actually sounds more like a leak by Boras to try to get the other teams to get in their last offers.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 04:59:31 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I would believe this if Scott Boras wasn't involved.  Boras does not believe in negotiations with a team without leaks.  This actually sounds more like a leak by Boras to try to get the other teams to get in their last offers.

Interesting theory, major games are being played by all parties at this time of year, that is for sure.  There have been relatively few leaks all around regarding Tex though.