Author Topic: shaky offense and pitching = no WS this year  (Read 5147 times)

Re: shaky offense and pitching = no WS this year
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 12:18:35 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
dice doesnt have a gyro, because the gyro doesnt exist.  sure there are people who think they can throw it (do a youtube search) but those pitches would get creamed.

as for good hitters adapting, Bay at times can hit the breaking stuff (was it the beg. of this series or the Angels series, I think the angels series).  Every hitter has weaknesses.  Sure Manny right now is playing like there are no weaknesses, but we'll see what he does next year when he has his contract. 

If Pedroia could hit the ball like he did all year, if Ortiz could hit the ball like we know he is capable, if Drew hit the ball like he did in the beg of the year, if Tek wasnt a black hole, etc. etc. etc. If, If, If.  We arent one magical hitter away, we just need OUR players to play like they have.  With a ton of injuries this year we still won 90+ games.  Cant win the world series every year.  We are a talented enough team to win it all, we just need a little better luck.

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Honestly, the way I see it...I'm one of those people who believes we weren't supposed to beat the Angels.  They were a better a team than us and it's amazing we got past them in the first place.

Like I said after Game 4, you can't win a series when the majority of your lineup isn't hitting and you can't win when your starting rotation is down to 2 pitchers (considering Josh Beckett is a lost a cause in the playoffs this year) and one of them happens to have a bad game.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 01:03:33 AM »

Offline REGGIEEEE

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
OK folks lets all wake up and smell the roses.  In a 6 year span this team has won two championships,have been to the ALCS 4 times and only missed the playoffs once.  And I hate to beat the same drum but we did win a world series after being down 3-0.

I dont know why that with such a solid core of players that everyones calling to trade Jason Bay, after giving up so much to get him.  This is a guy that is coming into his prime, doesnt cost much and could possibly average close to 40 homeruns a season over the next few years if we lock him up. Not to mention the fact that he grew up wanting to be a Red Sox.  We've only had him a few months and the guy has done nothing but produce.  I guarantee if we wind up winning this series everyone that said we should trade him will love him. 

And for those of you that want Mark Texiera i have one question to ask all you you. Dont you think if Mark Texiera was better for this team than Jason Bay, that we would have traded for Texiera instead this season?  Texiera isnt walking through that door and I am very happy about it.  Look where that trade got the angels.  He's a good player dont get me wrong, but we dont need a first baseman, we dont need a DH and we certainly dont need another guy thats not going to hit in the clutch.  If there is a big bat from texas that i would want to look at its this years Home Run Derby runner up, Josh Hamilton.  I have no idea what it would take to get him here, but I'm sure we could put together some sort of package for him.  Not to mention the fact that he's going into his second full season in the league.

And then theres the Rays, I have no idea if we can win three in a row to go on to the World series but here a little thought.  The redsox one at least three games in a row 14 times this year.  Thats almost half of our wins this season.  Not to mention the fact that we have our best three pitchers these next few games.  Please lets not throw Beckett and lester under the bus.  Everybody is entitled to a bad day every once in a while.  I mean Beckett's playoff ERA is a whopping 2.85 for his career.  Thats terrible.  We should trade him for Mark Portugal and then we can trade paplebon for El Guapo, and trade jason bay for carl everett.  While we're at it we'll trade the rest of our starting line up for old washed up players that way we have no shot at winning the world series and we can really have something to complain about. 

Cmon people  be happy that we still get to watch our baseball team in october and enjoy it while it lasts.  You can ask the yankee fans about how it feels to not have a good team anymore.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:13:01 AM by REGGIEEEE »