Author Topic: Sounds like Utah might trade for Conley soon  (Read 1913 times)

Sounds like Utah might trade for Conley soon
« on: June 17, 2019, 01:51:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Per Shams

Why do I feel like Boston is going to trade/sign Rubio?

Re: Sounds like Utah might trade for Conley soon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:43:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd love to see Rubio here because I think he is fun to watch (beautiful passer, exciting player) but I expect Ainge choose Rozier over Rubio and rightly so. A better use of resources.

Rozier is a long term asset whilst Rubio is nothing more than a stop-gap option. Rozier can be signed without effecting the MLE allowing Ainge to get a good rotation player at another position (hopefully a big man) while Rubio removes that option. Rozier is the better option for the team.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:03 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Love Conley in Utah.

I'd be fine with Rubio here though as Who says I think we need help elsewhere first.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Love Conley in Utah.

I'd be fine with Rubio here though as Who says I think we need help elsewhere first.

Always liked Rubio, but I think I would rather Favors.

Takes a big load off Horford.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 03:08:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't see how we get Favors, though I'd greatly enjoy having another high quality big man.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:18:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I hope they do trade for Conley.  He'd be fun on that team. 

Conley - Mitchell - Ingles - Gobert is a really nice group.  Could make a run in the West if a lot of things break in their favor.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 03:28:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Conley - Mitchell - Ingles - Gobert is a really nice group.  Could make a run in the West if a lot of things break in their favor.

Ha - imagine if they still had a (healthy) Hayward. I get that they wouldn't have the salary for a Conley trade, but that would be a very exciting line-up.

I guess we are about to feel with Kyrie how Utah fans felt with Hayward. They somehow nailed a draft pick at just the right time - hopefully we can do the same.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 03:42:30 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'd love to see Rubio here because I think he is fun to watch (beautiful passer, exciting player) but I expect Ainge choose Rozier over Rubio and rightly so. A better use of resources.

Rozier is a long term asset whilst Rubio is nothing more than a stop-gap option. Rozier can be signed without effecting the MLE allowing Ainge to get a good rotation player at another position (hopefully a big man) while Rubio removes that option. Rozier is the better option for the team.

If Irving is gone we would be awfully thin at PG.  Rozier is not a traditional PG, and Smart works better as a secondary ball handler.  I think we would rely heavily on Hayward as a point forward if that’s what we want.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

If Irving is gone we would be awfully thin at PG.  Rozier is not a traditional PG, and Smart works better as a secondary ball handler.  I think we would rely heavily on Hayward as a point forward if that’s what we want.

that's whats B.S. wants

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Ha - imagine if they still had a (healthy) Hayward. I get that they wouldn't have the salary for a Conley trade, but that would be a very exciting line-up.

I guess we are about to feel with Kyrie how Utah fans felt with Hayward. They somehow nailed a draft pick at just the right time - hopefully we can do the same.

It'd be awesome if the Celts managed to get a Donovan Mitchell level player with a pick in this draft, despite all the draft analysis saying that it's a fairly weak draft for higher end talent.

The outlook for the Celts would be much different if Danny uncovered an All-Star caliber talent in the late lottery / mid-1st of this draft and added that player to Brown and Tatum.

We can dream.  Most of what I've read suggests the best we can hope for is that Danny drafts one or two guys who will become valuable role players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 05:04:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Wonder who Utah trades? But Utah be a very good team with Conley
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

It'd be awesome if the Celts managed to get a Donovan Mitchell level player with a pick in this draft, despite all the draft analysis saying that it's a fairly weak draft for higher end talent.

The outlook for the Celts would be much different if Danny uncovered an All-Star caliber talent in the late lottery / mid-1st of this draft and added that player to Brown and Tatum.

We can dream.  Most of what I've read suggests the best we can hope for is that Danny drafts one or two guys who will become valuable role players.

Danny does know how to find some gems...3 chances at one gem is doable for him. Bet one of his picks will shock us too..that I would bet on.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 06:23:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wonder who Utah trades? But Utah be a very good team with Conley

Probably based around Favors, salary filler (Korver, Exum) and a pick.