Poll

What happens

Yes. They're in the playoffs
36 (51.4%)
No. They will miss playoffs
34 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Will Lebron's Lakers Even Make the Playoffs? (poll)  (Read 13968 times)

Re: Will Lebron's Lakers Even Make the Playoffs? (poll)
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This has become quite embarrassing

Walton does not deserve rap he is getting . This belongs to Lakers FO and LeHood and associates.   

Walton will get another gig VERY fast.  He has been amazing to actually try and be acoach though all this drama Lebron brought will him.  With Lopez , Zu, Randle and Russel ...Walton would have been in the playoffs .   So they trade his two best centers , his only shooters and hire a bunch of slack has beens.   No direction by FO.  Lebron is UNcoachable by REAL coaches .

I still don’t understand their plan last off-season. “Bring in a bunch of volatile personalities who can’t shoot and who only play defense occasionally “.  Even on one year deals, that’s the best they could do?
It all points to that PG13 was their main plan,
and when he changed his mind (or NBA told him he can't, remember Magics tampering during the last season), they were left without options. Contingency plans didn't exist and they went for this "let's reroll it until the next year" option.

PG13 is exactly the kind of guy LBJ needs at this point of his career. He defends, can score, and is ready for big things.
He is truly the best-man of LeBron's fall.

I agree with Roy that this LBJ disappointment is a combination of things, not just father time.

I felt the Lakers were cooled off on PG when he was becoming a free agent, they were more focused on getting Kawhi.  One of the reasons PG re-upped with OKC seemed to be that the Lakers were not heavily courting him. Not saying they would not have signed him, just that they didn't seem too stunned when he decided to re-up.

« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Walton does not deserve rap he is getting . This belongs to Lakers FO and LeHood and associates.   

Walton will get another gig VERY fast.  He has been amazing to actually try and be acoach though all this drama Lebron brought will him.  With Lopez , Zu, Randle and Russel ...Walton would have been in the playoffs .   So they trade his two best centers , his only shooters and hire a bunch of slack has beens.   No direction by FO.  Lebron is UNcoachable by REAL coaches .

I still don’t understand their plan last off-season. “Bring in a bunch of volatile personalities who can’t shoot and who only play defense occasionally “.  Even on one year deals, that’s the best they could do?
I think the front office listened to LeBron and LeBron's long term plan was that he and Klutch would make sure Davis would demand a trade to LAL and that LAL front office needed to sign one year deals to use as trade salary filler and so leave enough room this offseason to add another max free agent. So the one year deals were signed and Davis pulled the stunt and everything went sideways.

« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It all points to that PG13 was their main plan,
and when he changed his mind (or NBA told him he can't, remember Magics tampering during the last season), they were left without options. Contingency plans didn't exist and they went for this "let's reroll it until the next year" option.

PG13 is exactly the kind of guy LBJ needs at this point of his career. He defends, can score, and is ready for big things.
He is truly the best-man of LeBron's fall.

I agree with Roy that this LBJ disappointment is a combination of things, not just father time.

I felt the Lakers were cooled off on PG when he was becoming a free agent, they were more focused on getting Kawhi.  One of the reasons PG re-upped with OKC seemed to be that the Lakers were not heavily courting him. Not saying they would not have signed him, just that they didn't seem too stunned when he decided to re-up.
He signed at midnight without even taking a meeting with the Lakers, which reportedly really threw the Lakers off.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip