Author Topic: Jabari Bird windmill dunk in G-League game  (Read 8724 times)

Jabari Bird windmill dunk in G-League game
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: Jabari Bird windmill dunk in G-League game
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP to the OP.

Like Bird a lot. I saw this on Celtics Reddit yesterday and almost posted it in this Jabari Bird thread.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=94020.msg2401327#msg2401327

This is what I said in the OP of that thread:

He got big praise from Tommy and CBS post-game.

Physically and mentally mature (23 years old and a 4 year college player). Tough minded. CBS was impressed with both his D and his rebounding in pre-season games and practices, lauding his ability to cover shooters cutting. He did a pretty good job on Reddick tonight. And CBS characterized him as "not being afraid".

Jaylen probably had influence with DA and CBS in drafting him, so he already has chemistry with at least one key player on the team, which also helps.

AND, he can shoot the 3 with that sweet stroke!!

If he comes along (and CBS' praise of his D means he will get more time), maybe that means that we can focus on a big with the DPE as opposed to a wing who can shoot.

This kid, Bird, is another victim of the sucky Cal coach, Cuonzo Martin. He was a top recruit coming out of HS, and Martin's inability to coach made Bird "waste" 3 years of development. Love his athleticism. If he starts stroking that 3 like he can, we got ourselves a steal.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
He can't be any worse than Nader.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Is there a reason that there were no fans in attendance in that video or is the G league that unpopular?

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Is there a reason that there were no fans in attendance in that video or is the G league that unpopular?

I read ur post thinking it would be kind of empty. Watched the video and couldn't believe it. It was almost like coaching staff and no one else.

Dunk was great though!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They were playing opposite the Packers in Wisconsin.  Also, they’re a new team this year, and their arena isn’t finished yet (scheduled to open in two weeks).  I think this game was played in Milwaukee, but beginning in December they move to Osh Kosh.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the game wasn’t even open to the general public.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 06:55:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

They were playing opposite the Packers in Wisconsin.  Also, they’re a new team this year, and their arena isn’t finished yet (scheduled to open in two weeks).  I think this game was played in Milwaukee, but beginning in December they move to Osh Kosh.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the game wasn’t even open to the general public.
was able to find games for other days and teams. Seems there aren’t a lot of d league interest in Wisconsin yet. They probably prefer to watch college basketball over  there