Author Topic: “Celtic’s” Bar in Boston?  (Read 3157 times)

“Celtic’s” Bar in Boston?
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
I’ll be moving from CT to Cambridge next week, and I was wondering if there are any ‘Celtics’ bars in the area. 

I’ll be right near Harvard Law, but am working downtown so near either one of those areas would be ideal. Looking for a place I can actually hear the game, and not just watch it.

Any ideas? 

Re: “Celtic’s” Bar in Boston?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:16:21 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I’ll be moving from CT to Cambridge next week, and I was wondering if there are any ‘Celtics’ bars in the area. 

I’ll be right near Harvard Law, but am working downtown so near either one of those areas would be ideal. Looking for a place I can actually hear the game, and not just watch it.

Any ideas?

anything down near TD garden is Celtics/bruins heavy... if your not familiar with the area this is the west end/north end general area. Anything during game day is Lively from 5pm til after game. If you want to stay in Cambridge Harvard square, porter square, central square has laot of stuff you can just walk around. west end johnnies was cool when I went last year before a game..

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 09:17:28 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Not specific “Celtics” bars I’m aware of but there are plenty of sports bars around the Garden.  Just walk down Canal St and you will find several.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 09:20:58 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I really like "The Four" but I don't think it's near Cambridge, but then again you do live in Cambridge, there's a lot of bars near there, or if you wanna explore a bit, Somerville is up and coming and should have a few around there as well

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I really like "The Four" but I don't think it's near Cambridge, but then again you do live in Cambridge, there's a lot of bars near there, or if you wanna explore a bit, Somerville is up and coming and should have a few around there as well
The Fours is a good sports bar right near TD Garden.  Lots of classic photos on the wall of all the great Boston sports figures and teams.  There are a couple of other sports bars in this area too.  For the real experience, stick with those close to TD Garden or Fenway Park.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I like West End Johnnies. http://westendjohnnies.com/

Lot's of sports memorabilia, TV's everywhere, and right near the Garden. My buddy and I start there before every game we go to. Food and beer selection is excellent.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm still a "Sullivan's Tap" guy whenever I get back to town for a game.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 11:50:26 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I like West End Johnnies. http://westendjohnnies.com/

Lot's of sports memorabilia, TV's everywhere, and right near the Garden. My buddy and I start there before every game we go to. Food and beer selection is excellent.
This place looks awesome.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out