Author Topic: Could someone get me up to speed?  (Read 5747 times)

Re: Could someone get me up to speed?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 07:24:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Welcome!

I'm gonna go recruit SSFan now!
Yup

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 07:33:56 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
@Nick and BDM - hey guys love the fact you guys are still around. Nick did the HOF idea ever properly take off? Your avatar of your dog is one of the three I always remember (with Roy and Redz' clown).

@redzdeadbabyredzdead - how are you mate? The return of SSFan version 4.0 would break the internet.

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
@Nick and BDM - hey guys love the fact you guys are still around. Nick did the HOF idea ever properly take off? Your avatar of your dog is one of the three I always remember (with Roy and Redz' clown).

@redzdeadbabyredzdead - how are you mate? The return of SSFan version 4.0 would break the internet.
I didn't have time to do the HOF so running it was turned over to Bahku and I haven't seen him on the blog for years. So it kinda died. My boxer dog avatar will be making a return though, once byennie has smoothed out that area of the new blog.

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

I didn't have time to do the HOF so running it was turned over to Bahku and I haven't seen him on the blog for years. So it kinda died. My boxer dog avatar will be making a return though, once byennie has smoothed out that area of the new blog.

Bahku - what a nice guy.

Have to say it's really awesome to check in and see some old names. I will try to be active during the season - I'm usually up until mid-morning watching games and averaging 4 hours sleep on game days, so why not.

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 07:49:50 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Maestro's back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

It's as relevant now as it was 10 years ago when I first posted this.

Ha! I can't believe you remembered this post! TP for you old friend.

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I also just remembered I gambled all of my 1098 Tommy Points in 2010 just before game 7, sorry to remind you of that. Also, no more avatars? Some of you may recognise me from my original pic...

I said it in the other thread, but avatars never really went away completely.  You just have to make an image that's specific dimensions like 65x65 pixels and upload it to a service like imgur.  Then in your forum settings just go to "specify avatar by URL" and put in the image link. 

Just plug in this:  http://i.imgur.com/OIgz9k7.jpg

I don't think 65x65 is a hard rule.  Someone else is using an avatar that is 57x80... so you can play around with it, but that's what I know works.

Edit: Seems really dark when you make it that small so maybe play with the brightness/contrast:  http://imgur.com/j3Ax4YH.jpg

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:42:46 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Welcome back...come enjoy the ride for the next decade plus.

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 12:42:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think 65x65 is a hard rule.  Someone else is using an avatar that is 57x80... so you can play around with it, but that's what I know works.

80x80.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 12:49:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I’ll work on him
The man can hold a grudge!

I don’t even remember what he was grudging about
Yup

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 01:21:45 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I mean this in the most respectful manner but I feel like a refugee.

Was away from home a bit I check in at its gone.

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I’ll work on him

Marilyn Chambers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 06:48:10 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I also just remembered I gambled all of my 1098 Tommy Points in 2010 just before game 7, sorry to remind you of that. Also, no more avatars? Some of you may recognise me from my original pic...

I said it in the other thread, but avatars never really went away completely.  You just have to make an image that's specific dimensions like 65x65 pixels and upload it to a service like imgur.  Then in your forum settings just go to "specify avatar by URL" and put in the image link. 

Just plug in this:  http://i.imgur.com/OIgz9k7.jpg

Edit: Seems really dark when you make it that small so maybe play with the brightness/contrast:  http://imgur.com/j3Ax4YH.jpg

You're the man, thanks, have a TP.

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 07:39:51 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I think you can upload any photo regardless of dimensions now. At least it worked for me.

Decided to go for smashing good looks.

Edit: I just noticed that clicking on the avatar pic takes you directly to the user's profile. I don't think that was the case before.

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 08:06:01 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I’ll work on him

Marilyn Chambers.

**** star obituary?
Yup

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 08:10:52 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hey LB, I've been spreading the word about your avatar uploads ever since you first posted directions three years ago. I was surprised more people didn't follow suit as the steps were very easy to follow (once BJ mentioned the right click thing). Big TP for saving many of us from having boring, pictureless screens all these years!

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=80755.0

Funny enough, I just lazily attempted to change my avatar on the site without doing the imgur thing and nothing happened. I'm happy with BR-Suffer pic for now, anyway, I guess - just wanted to see if it was as easy as all the new avatars seemed to indicate.

Oh, and welcome back maestro! It has been a long time - glad to have you back!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:38:26 AM by jambr380 »