Author Topic: Porzingis Is The Wiser Trade Target For Ainge, Not AD. Here's Why.  (Read 9128 times)

Re: Porzingis Is The Wiser Trade Target For Ainge, Not AD. Here's Why.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

The Zinger is a huge injury risk. Already missed a lot of games, and the long term problems for a player that height have been documented.

Agreed.

If Pory is actually a unicorn, he will be the first player of his size to have an injury-free/long-term career. Huge IF
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 04:51:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The Zinger is a huge injury risk. Already missed a lot of games, and the long term problems for a player that height have been documented.

Agreed.

If Pory is actually a unicorn, he will be the first player of his size to have an injury-free/long-term career. Huge IF
If Zinger is an injury risk, what is Anthony Davis? Dude routinely misses more than 14 games per year. If you go after either, injury can't be a reason to not make a deal. Gotta take whatever comes.

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Regarding trading Horford, I think Danny's reputation is probably solidified no matter what happens with Al. In trade discussions he literally has no loyalty.  He also has a reputation for building good teams.

For me, KP is a nice piece. I would have given the #3 for him. Davis is a guy who could make our core great, though.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

Both guys can make us great and legit contenders, but AD gives us the better path to Banner 18 (titles aren't guaranteed but you'd have a much better chance with a HOF talent like AD).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 06:59:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Agreed.

If Zinger is an injury risk, what is Anthony Davis? Dude routinely misses more than 14 games per year. If you go after either, injury can't be a reason to not make a deal. Gotta take whatever comes.

I wonder what other young, up and coming star PF/C are out there as possible trade targets?

Like KP and AD are the only ones I can think of now.

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
if the deal comes around .....one wants to jump ship.....your ready to react .  If Porzingis wants out before Davis , then you have to think hard about getting him. 

Im hoping Davis falls from his team sooner .

Imagine Cousins to CLE, Davis to Boston in the deadline. That would be amazing ECF LOL.

But if Davis is traded it won't be until next summer, whereas Cousins could be dealt at deadline since he's a rental (and assuming NOP's AD-Cousins experiment does not work).

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 07:25:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would rather have Davis, the OP was not convincing.  Though I doubt we will get either.   The bottom is this; the Knicks won't trade Zinger unless he demands it.

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I know it's greedy and unlikely but I'd love to be able to put a package together for AD and keep Brown and Tatum.  Something like in a 3 team trade with Horford going to a 3rd team, additional assets going from that team going to NO, and the LA pick, Memphis pick, Clippers pick, and Rozier or Smart. 

Other good teams would be hard pressed to even match that with Davis only on a short deal with no extension in place (similar to Irving now).

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Horford and some picks will be in the Davis deal if we make it.   Ainge does give a crap what people think about him or how a move will be received by the fan base.   He is in this to win or move towards a title not whisper sweet nothings to the fans or hold their hands.

People keep saying he can't do this or that.   The man does what he pleases and more often than not he is right and the fans are wrong.

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I know it's greedy and unlikely but I'd love to be able to put a package together for AD and keep Brown and Tatum.  Something like in a 3 team trade with Horford going to a 3rd team, additional assets going from that team going to NO, and the LA pick, Memphis pick, Clippers pick, and Rozier or Smart. 

Other good teams would be hard pressed to even match that with Davis only on a short deal with no extension in place (similar to Irving now).

Unfortunately, not sure what 3rd team would want to be a part of that, and if we aren't giving up either Brown/Tatum, you have to assume the other team will give up a valuable asset (and they'd want back something valuable too).

And the extension part is also a concern actually, never thought about that. Have to hope Davis agrees to a "handshake" extension as the trade is being made to Boston?

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I would rather have Davis, the OP was not convincing.  Though I doubt we will get either.   The bottom is this; the Knicks won't trade Zinger unless he demands it.

They are both clearly long-shots (dream trade targets all year long).

And hey, you didn't have to agree with me, this was just my viewpoint of it all  ;D

But if KP does demand a trade, BOS will certainly make a call and possibly an offer (also depending on whether Davis is remotely available in trade talks or not and how the Pelican's season is going).

I think Horford and some picks will be in the Davis deal if we make it.   Ainge does give a crap what people think about him or how a move will be received by the fan base.   He is in this to win or move towards a title not whisper sweet nothings to the fans or hold their hands.

People keep saying he can't do this or that.   The man does what he pleases and more often than not he is right and the fans are wrong.

You mean, "doesn't", right? 

After the Irving trade, it's hard to argue that LOL.

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 12:41:18 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I think there's a better than even chance that either Tatum, Brown, or LAL #1 (if it hits big) will be a better player than Porzingis. I think KP is a good player and probably a perennial all star in the eastern conference, but IMO, if he were in the western conference, he wouldn't sniff the all star team anytime soon.

No way I'm selling the store for him.

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
BUMP.

With Melo to OKC, Knicks will officially be a garbage team next season.

Kanter isn't horrible, but if we're comparing Melo and Kanter, the Knicks at least this year will still suck.

Maybe suck just enough to make KP demand a trade after this season?  ???

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
BUMP.

Kanter isn't horrible, but if we're comparing Melo and Kanter, the Knicks at least this year will still suck.

I mean how often do guys coming off a rookie contract demand a trade? I cant really think of a situation where it happened. The team owing your rights has all the leverage. Next summer KP will still have a year left on his rookie deal and then NY will have match rights. IF KP is as good as we think he will be they will match everything up to a max and be happy. So unless KP wants to risk taking the 1 year tender he really cant force himself out. Especially now that he's gonna be the center piece of that team, and that Phil Jackson is out.

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 03:24:21 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I think there's a better than even chance that either Tatum, Brown, or LAL #1 (if it hits big) will be a better player than Porzingis. I think KP is a good player and probably a perennial all star in the eastern conference, but IMO, if he were in the western conference, he wouldn't sniff the all star team anytime soon.

No way I'm selling the store for him.

Yeah in the West with Cousins, AD, Towns, etc., it would be hard for KP to sniff the All Star Team.

It may be better to hold onto LAL pick if it conveys and use it to draft our franchise big INSTEAD of giving that up + Brown/Tatum + others for Porzingis.

But if it's for Davis, you do it. HOF talent coming off a 28/12 season with great defense and the scary part is, he may not be at his prime (yet).

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 03:49:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
BUMP.

I mean how often do guys coming off a rookie contract demand a trade? I cant really think of a situation where it happened. The team owing your rights has all the leverage. Next summer KP will still have a year left on his rookie deal and then NY will have match rights. IF KP is as good as we think he will be they will match everything up to a max and be happy. So unless KP wants to risk taking the 1 year tender he really cant force himself out. Especially now that he's gonna be the center piece of that team, and that Phil Jackson is out.

Hey, there's always a first time for everything!  ;)

And I mean, KP was technically out there on the trade market (even if not that serious) this past summer for some time, so it's not an impossible scenario.Things happen and the Knicks FO is a mess, plus Dolan still exists.

Very unlikely but not impossible.