Author Topic: Then it was just the 76ers  (Read 13161 times)

Re: Then it was just the 76ers
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
celtics trounced this philly team in 5 games without Kyrie/Hayward.....and they will be rolling out essentially the same team next season.

I dont see them as a threat. They are a media hyped team. They probably had the worst off-season of most top teams.

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 09:32:56 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
celtics trounced this philly team in 5 games without Kyrie/Hayward.....and they will be rolling out essentially the same team next season.

I dont see them as a threat. They are a media hyped team. They probably had the worst off-season of most top teams.
The Cavs lost Lebron.  Houston lost Ariza and "at best" they are going to replace him with Melo.  They still haven't resigned Capella so that could go bad.  And yet the Sixers probably had the worst off-season of top teams????  The Sixers rolling out essentially the same 52-win team is not a negative when that team consists of a bunch of young players with considerable upside.   The reality distortion field on here is extremely strong regarding the Sixers. 

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
During the regular season and the East's playoffs - the only team the C's need to be worried about are - - - - - - -  themselves.

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2018, 11:51:53 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
IDK, I wouldn't sleep on the Pacers.  They took the Cavs to 7 and added to their roster.  I think the C's can beat them, but they could be a legit #2-#3 in the conference.

I agree. I think Evans was a great get for there roster. I also think people don't realize that Turner is 2 full years younger than Embiid and still improving. Kyle O'Quinn was a really nice get as a backup also. I think they could be very good next year.

I'd put the Pacers up there with anybody outside of Philly, Toronto, or Boston.

I like what they've done with their roster a lot, and they could win 50+ in the regular season.  I just don't really fear a team with Oladipo as its only elite scorer.  Keep in mind I really like Oladipo, since before he played for the Pacers.

Tyreke Evans averaged near 20 points in 31 minutes last year shooting 40% from 3. Then you get another leap from Turner and that is a pretty decent amount of scoring, no?

Regular season, sure.  Doesn't scare me in the playoffs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2018, 11:53:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
IDK, I wouldn't sleep on the Pacers.  They took the Cavs to 7 and added to their roster.  I think the C's can beat them, but they could be a legit #2-#3 in the conference.

I agree. I think Evans was a great get for there roster. I also think people don't realize that Turner is 2 full years younger than Embiid and still improving. Kyle O'Quinn was a really nice get as a backup also. I think they could be very good next year.

I'd put the Pacers up there with anybody outside of Philly, Toronto, or Boston.

I like what they've done with their roster a lot, and they could win 50+ in the regular season.  I just don't really fear a team with Oladipo as its only elite scorer.  Keep in mind I really like Oladipo, since before he played for the Pacers.

Tyreke Evans averaged near 20 points in 31 minutes last year shooting 40% from 3. Then you get another leap from Turner and that is a pretty decent amount of scoring, no?

Regular season, sure.  Doesn't scare me in the playoffs.
I'm with you here.  I don't think Indiana is going to be any sort of threat to the C's.  I also don't see them winning many more games then they won last year as I think they overachieved and believe teams will start to figure them out. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2018, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If they add Korver we will still beat them.

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2018, 07:13:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think so, too, but having Redick and Korver adding spacing would be deadly. The 76ers should make this happen.

Adding Korver would take this from a poor off-season to a pretty good one.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

The Cavs lost Lebron.  Houston lost Ariza and "at best" they are going to replace him with Melo.  They still haven't resigned Capella so that could go bad.  And yet the Sixers probably had the worst off-season of top teams????  The Sixers rolling out essentially the same 52-win team is not a negative when that team consists of a bunch of young players with considerable upside.   The reality distortion field on here is extremely strong regarding the Sixers.

The Celtics are adding Gordon Hayward to their team this offseason and were able to bring back both Smart and Baynes went few thought we would. The Warriors got Cousins. The Raptors got Green and Leonard for Demarr. Depends whether you think Carmelo is completely cooked or not, but I do think losing Ariza will hurt them. The Thunder got Noel, Schroeder and brought George back I think it is fair to say of the top 6 teams for champs odds the 76ers had the second worst off season. Certainly not as distorted as you make it sound, but few things are.

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2018, 07:42:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I think so, too, but having Redick and Korver adding spacing would be deadly. The 76ers should make this happen.

Bit surprised people are this amped about Korver. He scored 6 points and hit 1 3 pointer in the entire finals and is going to be 38 in March. Can he really even move the needle at all? Not to mention absolutely abysmal defense at his age.

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2018, 07:43:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It's more about expectations. People were talking about Philly adding two of: Lebron, Kawhi, George. To go from hoping that you add 1-2 superstars to only bringing back Redick, I can see why people think Philly had a bad off-season.

It was always assumed that Lebron would leave CLE and a Melo for Ariza swap is doable for HOU. Simply putting out the same team (minus Bellinelli and Ilyasova) is a pretty big let down for Philly fans. Adding Korver would be nice, but he would essentially just be replacing Bellinelli.

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Live shot of Brad Stevens thinking about gameplanning offensive sets against a lineup featuring both Redick and Korver:

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2018, 08:32:25 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Bit surprised people are this amped about Korver. He scored 6 points and hit 1 3 pointer in the entire finals and is going to be 38 in March. Can he really even move the needle at all? Not to mention absolutely abysmal defense at his age.
Funny you count Belinelli as a big loss for the Sixers but now you say Korver wouldn't move the needle at all.   Belinelli is a worse shooter and a worse defender than Korver. 

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Live shot of Brad Stevens thinking about gameplanning offensive sets against a lineup featuring both Redick and Korver:

Why would them play them together?  The Sixers starting lineup was great last season.   Korver would just backup Redick. 

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Funny you count Belinelli as a big loss for the Sixers but now you say Korver wouldn't move the needle at all.   Belinelli is a worse shooter and a worse defender than Korver.

Bellini did not allow us them to beat us neither will Korver.  So it does not matter if they add them.  Neither of them are good defenders.  Korver as you say is the better shooter.  Belinelli can pass and drive better and is the more versatile of the two.  He also scored 4 more points a game than Korver last year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/belinma01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/korveky01.html

Korver is old, 37 years old. Belinelli is 32.  I feel really sorry for you if you don't realize that older players sometimes decline.  The wheels could come off Korver any day as 37 is really old for a player. 

How funny is that?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:46:22 PM by Celtics4ever »