24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 145587 times)

Re: Windhorst/Macmullin: Kyrie could consider lakers
« Reply #870 on: May 13, 2019, 05:49:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So when directly asked if he is going to go play with LeBron in LA, Kyrie laughs, walks away without answering the question and that somehow comes out to Jackie thinks LA is definitely in play for ?

Wow, silly season is now in full swing.
I love Jackie, but I have no idea what she's on about
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #871 on: May 13, 2019, 06:18:12 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Just heard a reported asked kyrie is he was staying in Boston and kyrie blinked!  Clearly he's leaving and going to Memphis!

« Reply #872 on: May 13, 2019, 06:28:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.

He missed a ton of shots short or airballs, so I thought he looked gassed and tired legs,

« Reply #873 on: May 13, 2019, 06:31:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.

He missed a ton of shots short or airballs, so I thought he looked gassed and tired legs,
Maybe his illness from early on was more serious than we thought?

Not that I'm trying to excuse his bad play. If you're on the court you gotta show up at this time of year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #874 on: May 13, 2019, 09:13:48 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
LOL...Smith seems to think it is almost a done deal.

Stephen A Smith

@stephenasmith
 Yes. From everything I’ve heard, KD and Kyrie are planning on coming to New York. 95% Chance they say! Only potential hiccup is KD changing his mind

11:57 AM - May 11, 2019

Love to know the exact metrics how he calculated 95%. Pathetic.

« Reply #875 on: May 13, 2019, 09:14:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
New York has thought it was a done deal since the trade deadline.

The way the season has played out I don't doubt that's the most likely scenario.

« Reply #876 on: May 13, 2019, 09:17:54 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

The way the season has played out I don't doubt that's the most likely scenario.

For sure. I wonder how many Knicks fans became members here this year? I think a few would be my guess.

« Reply #877 on: May 13, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

For sure. I wonder how many Knicks fans became members here this year? I think a few would be my guess.
Always a few floating around.

I thought they were overplaying their certainty to try and "will to power" it. Then the second half the season got extra weird and the Bucks series got really ugly. So maybe they were right all along.

« Reply #878 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
It would be kinda cool to see Durant and Kyrie play together. Their shooting, scoring prowess and overall efficiency would make a powerful duo.

I'd kinda like to see that happen. Those team up. If Kyrie doesn't stay I mean. I think that is the most exciting scenario basketball wise if Kyrie leaves here.

I'd also like to see the Knicks be good again. Always liked New York. Those 1970s teams. Berarnd King. Those Oakley & Ewing teams. Spree and Houston. Lot of fun teams and fun times. Be good to see those good times roll around again. Don't want it at our expense (Kyrie) but otherwise I do find myself pulling for them to be a quality team again. I miss NY being good.

« Reply #879 on: May 13, 2019, 09:48:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
LOL...Smith seems to think it is almost a done deal.

Stephen A Smith

@stephenasmith
 Yes. From everything I’ve heard, KD and Kyrie are planning on coming to New York. 95% Chance they say! Only potential hiccup is KD changing his mind

11:57 AM - May 11, 2019

Love to know the exact metrics how he calculated 95%. Pathetic.

This fool smith of course wants this...since his knicks has sukked for decades

« Reply #880 on: May 18, 2019, 11:49:25 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Am I the only one that thinks that teams that are willing to offer Kyrie the 4 year max are starting to cool off on that idea..
I read knicks and nets boards and the majority of there fans were saying they want Kyrie only if Durant or Kawhi want him in order to sign. Similar reports show up on “news outlets” like Hoopshype.
At this point maybe only the lakers would give him the 4 year max unconditionally.  Kyrie will be really stupid to turn down the 5 year max here.

« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Am I the only one that thinks that teams that are willing to offer Kyrie the 4 year max are starting to cool off on that idea..
I read knicks and nets boards and the majority of there fans were saying they want Kyrie only if Durant or Kawhi want him in order to sign. Similar reports show up on “news outlets” like Hoopshype.
At this point maybe only the lakers would give him the 4 year max unconditionally.  Kyrie will be really stupid to turn down the 5 year max here.

That is just fans talking.

Every team will be happy to give Kyrie the max.

« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Happy is a little bit of a stretch ... more like sound business decision ?

« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Delighted -- they'll be delighted to get a player as talented as Kyrie Irving. Elite talent is hard to come by in the NBA. Kyrie has that.

Teams are literally lining up to give him a max contract.

« Reply #884 on: May 18, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Delighted -- they'll be delighted to get a player as talented as Kyrie Irving. Elite talent is hard to come by in the NBA. Kyrie has that.

Teams are literally lining up to give him a max contract.

But according to Celticsblog, Kyrie is just an average talent who can’t lead any team to the championship. ;)