Author Topic: Rodions Kurucs arrested  (Read 1884 times)

Rodions Kurucs arrested
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:27:03 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Just saw this story, not sure what will come out of it. If allegations are true would probably be a lengthy suspension?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-nets-player-rodions-kurucs-arrested-20190903-hjenydziq5dtxd5qvhnwgv5yym-story.html

Re: Rodions Kurucs arrested
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
 Eh, nothing really happened to Kristaps, and so far we haven't heard about any suspension for Cousins.

Not sure what the NBA is really doing about these situations.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Eh, nothing really happened to Kristaps, and so far we haven't heard about any suspension for Cousins.

Not sure what the NBA is really doing about these situations.
They can investigate and suspend him if they choose to. Kristaps was investigated, but it doesn't sound like there was much solid to it. This case seems to be on firmer ground given there has been an arrest.

From an old Zach Lowe story:

The new CBA, which takes effect in July, confirms the NBA's authority to conduct investigations and impose penalties for acts of domestic violence -- subject to challenge from the players' union -- before the resolution of any criminal case. It also creates a more comprehensive overall preventative policy that includes counseling for players and their families; training seminars; and a hotline players and their families can call at any time.

The CBA also calls for the creation of a "policy committee" composed of league and union representatives, plus independent experts, to oversee treatment for players who have been subject to discipline or criminally convicted. The committee is also available to players on a voluntary basis. The committee will craft treatment plans an alleged offender must abide by that might include counseling or psychological testing.

The commissioner can also place players on paid administrative leave while an investigation into domestic violence is pending. The policy applies not only to domestic violence, but also to sexual assault and child abuse.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 02:25:25 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
They traveled together to Vegas the day after the assault & she didn't file the report until days after they broke up? And there are no photos?

Definitely leads to some skepticism.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
They traveled together to Vegas the day after the assault & she didn't file the report until days after they broke up? And there are no photos?

Yep and I bet there are pictures of them in Vegas.  Be interested to see those and if there are any marks consistent with what she alleges happened.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yep and I bet there are pictures of them in Vegas.  Be interested to see those and if there are any marks consistent with what she alleges happened.

I thought it was surprising that he was actually arrested when I read that part of it. Is it standard for someone to be arrested in this type of situation?

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I thought it was surprising that he was actually arrested when I read that part of it. Is it standard for someone to be arrested in this type of situation?
Not without some sort of evidence, maybe if he was refusing to sit down to be questioned voluntarily?

I wonder if the cops pulled pictures from their Vegas Hotel and found evidence consistent with her story. (or other witnesses corroborated etc)