Author Topic: Grizzlies (12-11) at Celtics (12-10) 2/5  (Read 44840 times)

Re: Grizzlies (12-11) at Celtics (12-10) 2/5
« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Now, how to limit JO's minutes. The way Doc is using him makes no sense considering how the other bigs are playing, particularly Wilcox (11 minutes only after that great fist half??).

JO had 7 rebounds, 3 of them being offensive. Probably coulda done better on the offensive side, but he wasn't so horrid in the way you're trying to paint him as.

I haven't said anything about him being horrid or anything. I just don't think he deserves the playing time he's getting, period. Wilcox and Bass have been easily out playing him for a good chunk of the season now, and considering how well KG has been playing the 5 spot too and now JJJ proving he could get some time with this team, I don't know how can you can keep playing him for the amount of time you're giving him.

In my opinion Wilcox should be the starter of this team. Using this game as an example just to compare with the numbers you gave, Wilcox 5 rebounds, 2 offensive in 12 minutes of play... and forget about the superior offense he played.

JO played well today.

Wilcox played well today.

I'll take a FrankenCenter performance from our guys if we get results like we did today.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

Re: Grizzlies (12-11) at Celtics (12-10) 2/5
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
sorry if this was already posted didn't catch game but don't see daniels name in box score at all?
I know his minutes have been down as Pietrus has been great and sasha has outplayed daniels but usually his name would appear on boxscore even if he didn't play.  didn't see game so unsure if he was even on bench
wondering if a package deal (dooling & quis) for a big body was coming down?
Quis seems to be listed with an ankle injury, though he'd already lost all his minutes to Sasha/Pietrus it seems.