Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 41357 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2021, 08:12:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Harden's lift seems gone now.

Gaining a lot of fat will do that to you

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2021, 08:17:45 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Harden put up a triple double, but he did have 9 TO.... still shooting poorly from 3pt (3 for 10). Both KD and Harden had to play 40mpg to secure the win against a bad Magic team. I only watched the 4th quarter, but it was a lot of one on one with Harden and KD. I can’t see Kyrie playing off ball, if/when he returns. He’s just going to stand around and watch when Harden has the ball. I don’t think they Will complement each other very well...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2021, 08:29:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Harden 30 points 14 Assists. Danny screwed up on this one. Two way loss for Cs.

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2021, 08:29:52 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Harden put up a triple double, but he did have 9 TO.... still shooting poorly from 3pt (3 for 10). Both KD and Harden had to play 40mpg to secure the win against a bad Magic team. I only watched the 4th quarter, but it was a lot of one on one with Harden and KD. I can’t see Kyrie playing off ball, if/when he returns. He’s just going to stand around and watch when Harden has the ball. I don’t think they Will complement each other very well...

I don't see this working like people expect.  This isn't KG, PP and RA.  The only one of the 3 that can be a team player is Durant.  He had to in Golden State.  KY AND HARDEN not so much.  I hope they get bounced in the 1st round. 

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

You forgot to mention that he played 40 mins, had 9 TO, shot 30% from 3pt and the Nets barely beat a team (who just played a back to back) that the C’s smoked by nearly 30 yesterday. Lol. Nope, Danny did not screw up at all.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2021, 08:46:02 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Those are normal Harden numbers and thankfully we still have Jaylen.

« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Nets vs Bucks, Monday on TNT. A real test. Put that on your calendar.

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2021, 09:26:56 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Has he cut off one of his ears yet?

Very Good - perfect for that psycho.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2021, 09:33:16 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
https://twitter.com/ThomasCDee/status/1349440834811400197?s=20

yikes

not sure how some folks here defended him tooth and nails 2019-2020

I knew he was bad news when he bailed on the team ECF game 7. Terrible

Exactly Tr - that Game 7 absence was inexcusable and Danny tried to gloss over it with a stupid joke. He should have known right then that Kyrie was not good for this team. I realize he was in the last year of his contract, but we could have gotten a lot for Irving that would be helping us right now.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

You forgot to mention that he played 40 mins, had 9 TO, shot 30% from 3pt and the Nets barely beat a team (who just played a back to back) that the C’s smoked by nearly 30 yesterday. Lol. Nope, Danny did not screw up at all.

You forgot to add that this was his first game with a new team after just joining the team ..look its okay not to like Harden that is a personal and subjective choice, but you cannot deny that he is a phenomenal player. He is not a ball hug and neither is Durant. You see his scoring titles and you just want to assume he hogs the ball. No he does not you do not get the assist numbers he does if you are not passing the ball. He is only going to get better with his new team. Oh by the way listen to his post-game interview and you will see that he is saying all the right things. There is a difference between the attitude of a player that wants out, and one that is happy with his situation.

« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2021, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
https://twitter.com/ThomasCDee/status/1349440834811400197?s=20

yikes

not sure how some folks here defended him tooth and nails 2019-2020

I knew he was bad news when he bailed on the team ECF game 7. Terrible

Exactly Tr - that Game 7 absence was inexcusable and Danny tried to gloss over it with a stupid joke. He should have known right then that Kyrie was not good for this team. I realize he was in the last year of his contract, but we could have gotten a lot for Irving that would be helping us right now.

It wasnt only Danny...there were people here who jumped all over those of us that mentioned his absence as a bad look. They said all kinds of stuff to defend him.

« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:27 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
idk if it was here or somewhere else but i was saying that the team as a whole do not like him, i heard “but how come they are acting cool with him..handshakes, smiles and hugs” i said it was all for show. they just didn’t want to answer questions. he’s is not liked

« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

You forgot to add that this was his first game with a new team after just joining the team ..look its okay not to like Harden that is a personal and subjective choice, but you cannot deny that he is a phenomenal player. He is not a ball hug and neither is Durant. You see his scoring titles and you just want to assume he hogs the ball. No he does not you do not get the assist numbers he does if you are not passing the ball. He is only going to get better with his new team. Oh by the way listen to his post-game interview and you will see that he is saying all the right things. There is a difference between the attitude of a player that wants out, and one that is happy with his situation.

I think he's a phenomenal talent, as is Russell Westbrook. but just like Harden, I wouldn’t want Westbrook on the Celtics either. Two ball dominate guards that put up gaudy numbers and never win anything.  A lot of parallels between those two. Would rather have Jaylen Brown over both.

« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2021, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

High assist totals does not mean he’s not a ball-hog at all. That’s a total fallacy. Is Russell Westbrook a ball-hog?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2021, 10:48:37 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Assists really don't have anything to do with whether a player is a ball hog or not.  Some of the biggest hogs have very high assist numbers because they always have the ball.  Harden is definitely a gifted passer but he's also a ball hog.  This isn't surprising but I just read that Harden has averaged 497 dribbles per game since 2018- more than any other player in the league.  You can kind of interpret that to mean he's the biggest ball hog in the league.