Author Topic: Next player to play on only one team  (Read 3483 times)

Re: Next player to play on only one team
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 04:49:00 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Robert Williams

Nice, but isn't that the trade package for AD? :o

Maybe my point. I think we can win the championship this year. I think we will be better next year without Davis. I think all the other true contenders will be worse. We have those players locked up, some for at least 7-8 years.

I don't know whether Milwaukee or Denver will be worse, but all the other teams probably will.

They have to lose a couple of their core - Mirotic, Bledsoe, Middleton, Lopez, and Brogdon. I don't think any of their core can/will get better even if they can find a way to keep them all. Middleton will get a max contract. Brogdon will likely get something like what Smart got, maybe a little less. At that point, they are already over the cap and within 25 million of the luxury tax. Bledsoe will get paid. Mirotic will get paid. Lopez will get paid. Are they better with that team? I think this year is a fluke. They will become a middling team next year after all these guys are off their contract year.

Denver might be better though. That's a good point.
Sure and Morris, Rozier, and maybe Baynes are all probably gone this summer as well.  Heck Horford could opt out and leave.  And Boston is already paying the luxury tax, wait until Irving's max contract kicks in.  Just seems silly to talk about some lesser players (like Lopez) leaving as if that doesn't happen to every team every year.

Lopez is a key player for them. If they can sign Lopez for something like 30/3, Brogdon 80/4, Bledsoe 60/4 then they're better of than re-signing Middleton. In all honesty Middleton has been a bit disappointing this season after his incredible playoffs series against us.

Re: Next GOOD player to play on only one team
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Adjusted the title.  Obviously there's dozens of marginal players who play for only one team before fizzling out.  Suggest a criterion of at least 5 seasons in the NBA.

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 01:55:11 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I know it's early but I can see Luca Doncic play for the Mavericks for his entire career.

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 03:23:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Does Jabari Bird count?

if your talking about "Same Place " ....then yes

Lots of guys spend most of their life in the " big house "

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Luca doncic is a generational talent that will never be traded IMO...even for the likes of Kyrie.